Release Gngeo 0.8.3

Don't think of it as losing sound for all games; I prefer to think of it as getting full functionality for KOF 2002. :)

Does anyone know how to use the unibios cheats on this emulator on the pandora??

Yeah we really need this option in the neogeo emulator, I need to be able to turn down the dificulty level of the arcade games, if not they are to dificult, hope someone is working on this, I will defenitely be happy to donate if someone implements this. :)

Greetings.

I never understood the concept of cheating options in games. If you can cheat why bother.. watch a movie.

I never understood the concept of cheating options in games. If you can cheat why bother.. watch a movie.

Dont know if we are talking the same thing, I am not very interested in cheating menu, but I do like the option to chose the dificulty in the games, for example I have an xbox1 that has the neogeo emulator and in the games menu (not special cheat menu) you can choose the dificulty setting, and this is very important for neo geo games, because on normal setting they are way to hard, specially made so that in the coin ops you had to insert a lot of coins and so that people could not spend to much time with the same machine.

Even puting the games in the lowest dificulty setting they are hard, but there is a noticible diference with the arcade dificulty.

I have finished my Pandora GnGeo tests, here the results...

Awesome Work!

I've just upload an update to gngeo, it add the option to enable raster effect, so all the game with raster effect glitch in your list should work now

I've also add the possibility to toggle the system switch (to enable gore more etc.) F3 to toggle it.

Available in the repo.

Thanks pepone,

With the system switch (F3) now working I can stop using the Unibios.

In case anyone is interested, I remap the in-game ABCD buttons to Pandora's AYXB by putting this in gngeorc:

Code:
p1control A=K278,B=K280,C=K281,D=K279,START=K308,COIN=K306,UP=K273,DOWN=K274,LEFT=K276,RIGHT=K275,MENU=K113

However, this also switches the Pandora button functions in the MENU.

Pandora X or Y buttons will select menu item/ toggle options/ launch game, the Pandora's A button goes back (or exits at first screen)

Nice update!

I have finished my Pandora GnGeo tests, here the results...

Awesome Work!

I've just upload an update to gngeo, it add the option to enable raster effect, so all the game with raster effect glitch in your list should work now

I've also add the possibility to toggle the system switch (to enable gore more etc.) F3 to toggle it.

Available in the repo.
Thanks pepone, your updates and work are always greatly appreciated. Gngeo is one of my favorites.

Did you happen to repair the savestates in this release?

EDIT:I looked in the info at the repo and saw the answer to my question. Thanks again pepone, great update to an already great emu.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
how should i name my roms in zip format? people are telling me it should be named a specific way. can someone give me a link to shows me how to do this

Cool. B) Riding Hero works fine now (one of my first AES games) and test mode is useful too. Thanks pepone.

I will update my ROM set and post the test results in a new spreadsheet.

For those who want to mess around with gngeorc, there is a sample file on Google Code...

http://code.google.c.../sample_gngeorc

how should i name my roms in zip format? people are telling me it should be named a specific way. can someone give me a link to shows me how to do this

You will find this information in my test results...

https://docs.google....dFE&pli=1#gid=0

Most games should work straight away from a MAME 0.138 set.

Attachments

• gngeo_084_pandora_dat_file.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I load a game, it crashes.

Tried Metal Slug 2 and Puzzle Bobble 2/Bust-A-Move Again. neogeo.zip is in the rom directory. Haven't tried any others since those are the only games I really want at this point.

Tried with Gngeo 0.8.3 and 0.8.5, neither worked.

MAME4ALL only supports Metal Slug. 

Help?

Every time I load a game, it crashes.

Tried Metal Slug 2 and Puzzle Bobble 2/Bust-A-Move Again. neogeo.zip is in the rom directory. Haven't tried any others since those are the only games I really want at this point.

Tried with Gngeo 0.8.3 and 0.8.5, neither worked.

MAME4ALL only supports Metal Slug. 

Help?
I haven't set this up from scratch in ages, so I'm not sure what could be wrong, but do you have the bios files? Normally I thought it gives messages of what is missing or wrong, but I could be wrong on this as well. You also have to have a specific version of the rom. Just because a rom works in Mame, doesn't mean it will run in Gngeo.

Chris 

Back