Release Gngeo 0.8.2

idarwin said:
Hi everyone; I have the same problem... I've installed the lastest version of Ngngeo; downloaded the bios files but games don't work. It says that romset needs to be redumped. Also I installed a bios called unibios... I read somewhere that it worked... but then it asks for some other files...

any ideas?

You could redump your set of ROMS with a different set of parameters as suggested by the program.
Failing that, get a newer romset

Last edited by a moderator:
Can clrmamepro make a working new romset out of an old romset or is it only for "downgrading" ROMS? GNGeo still does not eat a single ROM I've tried, maybe I should try to convert my old ROMS to newer sets but first I need a .DAT file from GNGeo.

fusion_power said:
I still haven't found a single ROM version that works with this GnGeo, not even the ones that worked with GnGeo from the GP2X. Newest MAME ROMs I have ar 0.114 or so, still to old I guess. And why are so many different versions out there, especialy for NeoGeo Games. I always thought a ROM is a 1:1 read out of the Game, so why not just support the pure 1:1 ROM like in many other Emulators and we never have to deal with non working ROMs anymore? ^^"
This post might get some help about the aracade ROM topic. ROMs were redumped over time for different reasons. Do not use GP2X ROMs, since grafx data is in the .gfx files and the .zip file contains dummy files, see here.

fusion_power said:
Can clrmamepro make a working new romset out of an old romset or is it only for "downgrading" ROMS? GNGeo still does not eat a single ROM I've tried, maybe I should try to convert my old ROMS to newer sets but first I need a .DAT file from GNGeo.
Let's say you have a MAME 0.141 set, then you need also a MAME 0.141 rollback set. The rollback set contains only the differences between 0.141 and all older MAME sets. With those two sets, you can generate a new set for every MAME version, see here. You can use old MAME binaries in clrmamepro (instead of .dat files).

With GnGeo 0.8.3, many ROMs from a newer MAME version (0.91+) run out of the box (e.g. AoF 1/2/3, FF 1/2/S, KoF 94-99, MS 1/2/3/4/X, Blazing Star, Last Resort, Shock Troopers...). See RBFF for example at MAMEDB, it changed from 0.90 to 0.91. You should be able to get those working quite easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back