Source:
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo-0.6.12.tar.gz

The new dumpgfx with crypted roms support (beta):
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/dumpgfx_win.zip

What's new?
Code:
- Asm optimized zoom drawing.
- Optimized clear screen.
- Compiled with gcc 4.x instead of gcc 3.x for the precedents release (Thanks to Artemio)
- Update dumpgfx for crypted roms support [Anonymous]
- Correctly draw char in crypted roms [Anonymous]
- Hotkeys support bound to L and R (default configuration L=A+B R=C+D in conf/gngeorc)
- Add option to underclock the z80:  --z80clock=-20 will underclock it by 20%
  The same option exist for the 68k: 68kclock
  Some games don't need too much power and can be underclocked to gain performance.
  The next rage2x will support this option
- Some bugfix here and there.
- Change the default bios to unibios and default samplerate to 11025

Special thanks to JyCet, Artemio and Antidark for their help.

PS: If you just want to upgrade from the last version, you need to copy at least the folowing files:
Code:
gngeo
skin/font.bmp
skin/back.bmp

Ok now it's my time ? :D

You can grab rage2x v0.8.7 here:
RAGE2X v0.8.7
This version is optimised for this last version of gngeo2x ;)

Code:
v0.8.7
-export language package to rage2x.lng file, now everybody can add one language. It's automatically loaded by rage2x. Language limitation are no accents no space (replace it by "_" ) and no more 25 caracteres
-add Norwegian language (thanks to cowai)
-add 68k clock option to over/under clock cpu 68000 (-50% to +50%)
-add z80 clock option to over/under clock cpu z80 (-50% to +50%)
-add full *.cf information view if exist in options menu (pepone suggestion and he have right it's easier to manage your different roms setting :))
-fix the display of general config when a CF file is saved (bug introduce in v0.7.7)
-chg some gfx design and font color (more brightness)
-fix bug when gngeo is launch at 200MHz (thanks to pepone for his help !)
-add launching window by A button (delete B button function)
-add invert run choice option (I prefere without cf in first but pepone prefere with cf in first so ... new option :))

Enjoy
B)

YESSSS!!!! ah, gngeo is probably the most important thing on my memory card. thank you guys so much :lol:

I love GnGeo, I just wish I could find more working ROMs...that said, Metal Slug alone makes it great :)

The new Rage2x works great, but GnGeo doesn't. It opens the selector and I can select and try to run a game, but I never even get one of those blue-bar loading screens.

I'm off to try a couple of things... :unsure:

wow ! smashgp, hu6280 and now gngeo2x released on the same day... is it chritmas ?

Hooray for a new version of gngeo2x--

One game that I can't get to work is Garou Mark of the Wolves (NON-Prototype). Dump-gfx is still choking on it. Looking over romrc:

Code:
#old mame set of garou
game garou MVS "Garou - Mark of the Wolves (set 1)" 
CPU 0x500000
motw_p1.rom 0x0 0x100000 NORM
motw_p2.rom 0x100000 0x400000 NORM
END
SFIX 0x20000
motw_s1.rom 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SM1 0x40000
motw_m1.rom 0x0 0x40000 NORM
END
SOUND1 0x1000000
motw_v1.rom 0x0 0x400000 NORM
motw_v2.rom 0x400000 0x400000 NORM
motw_v3.rom 0x800000 0x400000 NORM
motw_v4.rom 0xc00000 0x400000 NORM
END
GFX 0x4000000
motw_c1.rom 0x0 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c2.rom 0x1 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c3.rom 0x1000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c4.rom 0x1000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c5.rom 0x2000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c6.rom 0x2000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c7.rom 0x3000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
motw_c8.rom 0x3000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
END
END

It looks like this is for an old mame version and not the more recent and easier to find version. How does the romrc file work, and how I help out by modifying it to support all the roms I have?

Excellent, Pepone-- thanks for taking my suggestions with the M68000 and Z80 Clock controls! This will be a huge help ..

If anyone doesn't know its use; for games that run slowly like some fighting games, that rely more on heavy hardware scaling, LOWER M68000 clock to devote more ARM920T CPU time to other tasks due to lower 68K processor usage on the emulated NeoGeo machine .. ALSO, this will enable you to run games that ordinarily require a LARGE overclock on your machine at LOWER ARM920T clockrates. e.g. Lower M68000 clockrate to 10 or 8 MHz or so to run Metal Slug with less choppy operation; when stressful operations occur they will overload the emulated M68000 for smooth "bullet time" slowdown and not unplayable chop.

Same should work for lowering Z80 clockrate; bear in mind this may affect audio processing; experiment to see which games truly need maximum Z80 clockrate.

Also, if you can achieve a very high ARM920T clock (like my GP2X at 312 MHz) you can raise M68000 clock to remove ORIGINAL machine lag from the actual system-- like the slow, smooth "Bullet Time" slowdown from Metal Slug series games (this occurred on the real arcade hardware, it's not specific to the gngeo2x emulator.)

Pepone- also sounds like you've accelerated hardware scaling with ARM9 ASM code? Excellent work. This will have huge benefit for a wide variety of games, most notably fighters that scale the arena!

Will it ever play games in fullscreen? I realize hardware scaling is CPU intensive, but if GnGeo can run so well on one CPU then surely hardware scaling is possible with the remaining power.

Will it ever play games in fullscreen? I realize hardware scaling is CPU intensive, but if GnGeo can run so well on one CPU then surely hardware scaling is possible with the remaining power.
It is fullscreen, save for a hundred or so pixels. Very inconsequential.

Rage2x is a really good frontend, lol. Just use it for christ's sake ;)

And I seem to have worked out my problems, but I'm not sure why it happened in the first place...

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell, everything works great!

Is KOF2000 supposed to be completely playable, though? 'Cause I'm missing a layer (the one showing lifebars, powerbars, text, et cetera), all the other sprites work fine and I have all the files I'm supposed to have (as far as I can tell - and I've tried quite a few different combinations). Is this an issue with the emulator or have I simply picked up a bad file somewhere or something? :/

YAY! This is a great release. Thanks so much guys. Im glad you fixed the typo for puzzle bobble 2 in the rage2x.dat

Where can I donate to both of you?

Back