Gngeo2x 0.7

Alghazanth said:
In SS V , when you do the "zetsumei ougi" , special finishing move that you can do when you ae one ound away from winning and opponent"s life bar has turned blue. Such as Shizumaru losing his consciousness and falls down while Zankuro appears and slices the enemy in two , then Shizumaru wakes up terrified and says "I didnt mean such thing , am I really such evil..." etc...

But instead in Gngeo2x , your player just slashes the opponent once and he/she just dies , and it is same for all samurais , all special finishes seem to be gone. I also noticed some timing bugs such as announcer says "ippon" instead of "shoubu ari" when you win the final round etc etc. Anybody else noticed these ?
Do you mean Samurai Showdown V Special?

Anyway, the reason why the "Zetsumei Ougi" (or Overkill move) are like that is because they were censored. If you are using uni-bios, you can unlock the uncensored version, as well as fix some of the sound issues. (Press Start+Select anytime after the BIOS screen, then go to "The Cheat Database" and activate "Fix AES Fatals & Sound")

Last edited by a moderator:
Alghazanth said:
Also , something about gngeo2x frontend on the archive. When I install and run it , it doesnt detect 1/3 of the roms, which I am playing without any problems.
rage2x was dated 1/2007. I did a comparison with current dat list of NEO-GEO. These were all that was missing. I put them in a format you can just add to rage2x.dat so they'll show up in the frontend. For the purist only since this doesn't make up for anything.

ART_OF_FIGHTING_3_-_THE_PATH_OF_THE_WARRIOR_(KOREAN_RELEASE) aof3k SNK ? 298 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
CROUCHING_TIGER_HIDDEN_DRAGON_2003_SUPER_PLUS_ALTERNATE_(THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2001_BOOTLEG) ct2k3sa BOOTLEG 2003 0 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
DIGGER_MAN_(PROTOTYPE) diggerma Kyle Hodgetts 2000 0 MAZE NOT_TESTED
FIGHTERS_SWORDS_(KOREAN_RELEASE_OF_SAMURAI_SHODOWN_III) fswords SNK 1995 282 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GANRYU_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) ganryun VISCO 1999 178 PLATFORM/FIGHTING NOT_TESTED
GAROU_-_MARK_OF_THE_WOLVES_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) garoun SNK 1999 688 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GAROU_-_MARK_OF_THE_WOLVES_(BOOTLEG) garoubl SNK 1999 688 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GHOST_PILOTS_(SET_2) gpilotsh SNK 1991 55 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
JYANSHIN_DENSETSU_-_QUEST_OF_JONGMASTER janshin AICOM 1994 0 MAHJONG NOT_TESTED
LANSQUENET_2004_(SHOCK_TROOPERS_-_2ND_SQUAD_BOOTLEG) lans2004 BOOTLEG 1998 506 SHOOTER/WALKING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_4_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) mslug4nd MEGA/PLAYMORE 2002 553 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(AES_CART) mslug5h SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) mslug5nd SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(JAMMA_PCB) ms5pcb SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_6_(METAL_SLUG_3_BOOTLEG) mslug3b6 BOOTLEG 2000 708 NOT_TESTED
MINNASANNO_OKAGESAMADESU minasan MONOLITH_CORP 1990 0 MAHJONG NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020707#1,_NON-MAME) neonopon1 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020707#2,_NON-MAME) neonopon2 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020822,_NON-MAME) neonopon3 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20021005,_NON-MAME) neonopon BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEOPONG_(V1.0,_NON-MAME) neopong10 NEODEV 2002 0 PONG NOT_TESTED
NIGHTMARE_IN_THE_DARK_(BOOTLEG) nitdbl BOOTLEG 2000 168 PLATFORM NOT_TESTED
NIGHTMARE_IN_THE_DARK_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) nitdn ELEVEN/GAVAKING 2000 168 PLATFORM NOT_TESTED
PREHISTORIC_ISLE_2_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) preisl2n YUMEKOBO 1999 473 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
RAGE_OF_THE_DRAGONS_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) rotdnd EVOGA/PLAYMORE 2002 705 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
REAL_BOUT_FATAL_FURY_/_REAL_BOUT_GAROU_DENSETSU_(BUG_FIX_REVISION) rbff1a SNK 1995 346 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
REAL_BOUT_FATAL_FURY_2_-_THE_NEWCOMERS_(KOREAN_RELEASE) rbff2k SNK 1998 555 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SAMURAI_SHODOWN_V_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) samsh5nd YUKI_ENTERPRISE 2003 708 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SAMURAI_SHODOWN_V_SPECIAL_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) ss5shnd YUKI_ENTERPRISE 2003 708 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SENGOKU_3_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) sngoku3n SNK 2001 385 BEAT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) svcnd PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_SVC_CHAOS_(JAMMA_PCB,_SET_1) svcpcb PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_SVC_CHAOS_(JAMMA_PCB,_SET_2) svcpcba PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SOCCER_BRAWL_(SET_2) socbrala SNK 1991 45 SPORTS/SOCCER NOT_TESTED
STRIKERS_1945_PLUS_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) s1945pn PSIKYO 1999 681 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2000_(NON_ENCRYPTED_P,_DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2knd SNK 2000 684 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2002_(BOOTLEG)_(NON-MAME) kof2002b BOOTLEG 2002 690 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2002_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2k2nd EOLITH/PLAYMORE 2002 682 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2003_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2k3nd SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 716 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2003_(SET_2) kof2003h SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 716 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_'99:_MILLENNIUM_BATTLE_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof99nd SNK 1999 691 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_LAST_SOLDIER_(KOREAN_RELEASE_OF_THE_LAST_BLADE) lastsold SNK 1997 474 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
WORLD_HEROES_(Set3) wh1ha ALPHA_DENSHI_Co. 1992 82 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
WORLD_HEROES_2_JET_(Set2) wh2jh ADK/SNK 1994 178 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
ZINTRICK_(NEO_CD_CONVERSION)_(NON-MAME) zintrkcd BOOTLEG 1996 58 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED

Manjuu said:
Alghazanth said:
In SS V , when you do the "zetsumei ougi" , special finishing move that you can do when you ae one ound away from winning and opponent"s life bar has turned blue. Such as Shizumaru losing his consciousness and falls down while Zankuro appears and slices the enemy in two , then Shizumaru wakes up terrified and says "I didnt mean such thing , am I really such evil..." etc...

But instead in Gngeo2x , your player just slashes the opponent once and he/she just dies , and it is same for all samurais , all special finishes seem to be gone. I also noticed some timing bugs such as announcer says "ippon" instead of "shoubu ari" when you win the final round etc etc. Anybody else noticed these ?

Anyway, the reason why the "Zetsumei Ougi" (or Overkill move) are like that is because they were censored. If you are using uni-bios, you can unlock the uncensored version, as well as fix some of the sound issues. (Press Start+Select anytime after the BIOS screen, then go to "The Cheat Database" and activate "Fix AES Fatals & Sound")

Um , I was referring the SS V Special , sorry for the mistake.

Is that so ? Since I never use cheats in games , I haven"t even once bothered to open the cheats menu since I guessed it only contained options such as invulnerability etc. I was pretending it should normally be uncensored because I was on unibios and japanese region setting.

Thanks for the help once again , I will finally be able to slash opponents in half with Rera after a long time...
"kore wa shizen no itami yo" *blood drips from the dagger*

bman said:
Alghazanth said:
Also , something about gngeo2x frontend on the archive. When I install and run it , it doesnt detect 1/3 of the roms, which I am playing without any problems.
rage2x was dated 1/2007. I did a comparison with current dat list of NEO-GEO. These were all that was missing. I put them in a format you can just add to rage2x.dat so they'll show up in the frontend. For the purist only since this doesn't make up for anything.

ART_OF_FIGHTING_3_-_THE_PATH_OF_THE_WARRIOR_(KOREAN_RELEASE) aof3k SNK ? 298 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
CROUCHING_TIGER_HIDDEN_DRAGON_2003_SUPER_PLUS_ALTERNATE_(THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2001_BOOTLEG) ct2k3sa BOOTLEG 2003 0 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
DIGGER_MAN_(PROTOTYPE) diggerma Kyle Hodgetts 2000 0 MAZE NOT_TESTED
FIGHTERS_SWORDS_(KOREAN_RELEASE_OF_SAMURAI_SHODOWN_III) fswords SNK 1995 282 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GANRYU_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) ganryun VISCO 1999 178 PLATFORM/FIGHTING NOT_TESTED
GAROU_-_MARK_OF_THE_WOLVES_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) garoun SNK 1999 688 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GAROU_-_MARK_OF_THE_WOLVES_(BOOTLEG) garoubl SNK 1999 688 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
GHOST_PILOTS_(SET_2) gpilotsh SNK 1991 55 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
JYANSHIN_DENSETSU_-_QUEST_OF_JONGMASTER janshin AICOM 1994 0 MAHJONG NOT_TESTED
LANSQUENET_2004_(SHOCK_TROOPERS_-_2ND_SQUAD_BOOTLEG) lans2004 BOOTLEG 1998 506 SHOOTER/WALKING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_4_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) mslug4nd MEGA/PLAYMORE 2002 553 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(AES_CART) mslug5h SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) mslug5nd SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_5_(JAMMA_PCB) ms5pcb SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 708 PLATFORM/SHOOTER_SCROLLING NOT_TESTED
METAL_SLUG_6_(METAL_SLUG_3_BOOTLEG) mslug3b6 BOOTLEG 2000 708 NOT_TESTED
MINNASANNO_OKAGESAMADESU minasan MONOLITH_CORP 1990 0 MAHJONG NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020707#1,_NON-MAME) neonopon1 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020707#2,_NON-MAME) neonopon2 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20020822,_NON-MAME) neonopon3 BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEO_NO_PANEPON_(20021005,_NON-MAME) neonopon BLASTAR 2002 0 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED
NEOPONG_(V1.0,_NON-MAME) neopong10 NEODEV 2002 0 PONG NOT_TESTED
NIGHTMARE_IN_THE_DARK_(BOOTLEG) nitdbl BOOTLEG 2000 168 PLATFORM NOT_TESTED
NIGHTMARE_IN_THE_DARK_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) nitdn ELEVEN/GAVAKING 2000 168 PLATFORM NOT_TESTED
PREHISTORIC_ISLE_2_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) preisl2n YUMEKOBO 1999 473 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
RAGE_OF_THE_DRAGONS_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) rotdnd EVOGA/PLAYMORE 2002 705 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
REAL_BOUT_FATAL_FURY_/_REAL_BOUT_GAROU_DENSETSU_(BUG_FIX_REVISION) rbff1a SNK 1995 346 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
REAL_BOUT_FATAL_FURY_2_-_THE_NEWCOMERS_(KOREAN_RELEASE) rbff2k SNK 1998 555 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SAMURAI_SHODOWN_V_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) samsh5nd YUKI_ENTERPRISE 2003 708 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SAMURAI_SHODOWN_V_SPECIAL_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) ss5shnd YUKI_ENTERPRISE 2003 708 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SENGOKU_3_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) sngoku3n SNK 2001 385 BEAT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) svcnd PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_SVC_CHAOS_(JAMMA_PCB,_SET_1) svcpcb PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SNK_VS._CAPCOM_SVC_CHAOS_(JAMMA_PCB,_SET_2) svcpcba PLAYMORE 2003 ? FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
SOCCER_BRAWL_(SET_2) socbrala SNK 1991 45 SPORTS/SOCCER NOT_TESTED
STRIKERS_1945_PLUS_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) s1945pn PSIKYO 1999 681 SHOOT-EM-UP NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2000_(NON_ENCRYPTED_P,_DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2knd SNK 2000 684 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2002_(BOOTLEG)_(NON-MAME) kof2002b BOOTLEG 2002 690 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2002_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2k2nd EOLITH/PLAYMORE 2002 682 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2003_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof2k3nd SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 716 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2003_(SET_2) kof2003h SNK_PLAYMORE 2003 716 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_'99:_MILLENNIUM_BATTLE_(DECRYPTED_C)_(NON-MAME) kof99nd SNK 1999 691 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
THE_LAST_SOLDIER_(KOREAN_RELEASE_OF_THE_LAST_BLADE) lastsold SNK 1997 474 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
WORLD_HEROES_(Set3) wh1ha ALPHA_DENSHI_Co. 1992 82 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
WORLD_HEROES_2_JET_(Set2) wh2jh ADK/SNK 1994 178 FIGHTER/VERSUS NOT_TESTED
ZINTRICK_(NEO_CD_CONVERSION)_(NON-MAME) zintrkcd BOOTLEG 1996 58 PUZZLE NOT_TESTED

Thank you for the list. I"ll be adding it to my .dat file and see if it works

Alghazanth said:
You will need matching .rc files before this works.

bman said:
Alghazanth said:
You will need matching .rc files before this works.

matching .rc files :unsure:

I have done this , but it says "unknown rom , no cheats availible" when I go the "the cheat database" :(

Alghazanth said:

I have done this , but it says "unknown rom , no cheats availible" when I go the "the cheat database" :(

You probably have an older uni-bios. Look for a more recent one (v2.1 or higher).

Manjuu said:
[double post]
Thanks for the help ! I looked at mine and it was 1.3 , so it is the reason. Now I"ll download and try the newer version

quadomatic said:
Maybe try an older Unibios (dunno)?

I wish a new version would come out...pepone (and/or people who would like to continue to dev based on GnGeo source code) where are you!
I'm slowly rewriting nearly everything in gngeo, but it take times :ph34r:

pepone said:
quadomatic said:

I wish a new version would come out...pepone (and/or people who would like to continue to dev based on GnGeo source code) where are you!

That is good to hear. I really like this emu on the GP2X. Other than a few small bugs it is really great now.

pepone said:
quadomatic said:

Rewriting for GP2X or Pandora?

DaveC said:
pepone said:
quadomatic said:

That is good to hear. I really like this emu on the GP2X. Other than a few small bugs it is really great now.

Yeah, GnGeo was pretty much the dealmaker for me buying the GP2X when I was considering it, and it works really well once you figure out how to set it up properly.

Someone of you have read this Evildragon says to me about my answer to Notaz and Pepone talking about sd card speed issue?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...3721&st=225

I have tried it and it is working pretty well :)

Now i can play without frame drops caused by slow SD card read acces and it is very noticeable in Metal Slug for instance.

Now i can play with 22khz sound, 240 mhz , Ram timmings in agressive, raster OFF (only needed for 5 games or so) VSYNC OFF (tearing is not very noticeable in GP2X screen, so is better to turn it OFF so you can gain a lot of performance) with no frame drops at all o_O

Thank you very much for this Notaz. And thank to Evildragon for the answer in the thread :)

I have put the code in a txt file (nameyoulike.gpe) created by a linux editor.(In windows is better you to use notepad2 , notepad and wordpad is not working correctly. )

I have add the code in gngeorc in conf folder too.I have make this for sure but i supposse that with the script is enough to make it work.

Remember, you have to add the code Notaz says here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=639881

echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/min-readahead
echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/max-readahead

notaz said:
Alternatively you can just launch PicoDrive and exit, it will do the setup for you.
Thank you very much for the advice Notaz ^_^

Hirolaser said:
pepone said:
quadomatic said:

Rewriting for GP2X or Pandora?

for everything hopefully.

Back