Godori Released

Prothall

There as a link to a topic with this title on the frontpage, but it appears to be broken...

Anyway, to me it looks like a Hanafuda card game. Run a search for it; it's sort of like Rummy. Nintendo makes hanafuda cards, interestingly - that's how they started.

Anyway, other ideas/confirmation? I am going to bed NOW, so I'm not installing it yet. I've never played with hanafuda anyway, so I'd just be confused.

It's a Korean card game. Like the korean version of poker, but much more fun, and points based. You get points for having particular combinations of cards, and if you get 5 birds on your cards, then you get a massive 5 points.

Godori means 5 birds in Japanese. The cards are Japanese flower cards, but it's still a very Korean game.

I'll post some instructions soon, I used this webpage. But careful, cause it's addictive.

It's amazing you know so well about korean (and japanese) culture :)

EDIT: and Japanese has same game with similar rule but slightly different. (Korean type is a little more 'gamblish' :rolleyes: )

the creator is Yatamo,not NK.
Wrong infomation. According to his comment,the exit function is not inclued and it will be suddenly terminated if anyone get score.

icurafu posted on Feb 10 2006 at 05:06 AM said:
It's a Korean card game. Like the korean version of poker, but much more fun, and points based. You get points for having particular combinations of cards, and if you get 5 birds on your cards, then you get a massive 5 points.
Would that be booby birds or tweety birds?

I'll have to have a look at this game when I get home from work to see what it's like, although the only card game I know is solitaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back