Pandora Render Model

now that wood look nice as a spinning screensaver if onley i had the time or the software to do it

GhostChaserUK said:
now that wood look nice as a spinning screensaver if onley i had the time or the software to do it
As I said in an earlier post, I will be making an animation of it spinning on a plinth. I could probably even build a screensaver of it if I get time :)

Addition:

I have now started to create the spinning Pandora animation. It's not on a plinth yet as I wanted to see what it looked as it is.

Currently it's rendering frame 49 out of 120, and it's been going about 45 mins, so as soon as it's done I will import it all into Studio 11 and post the movie on YouTube.

Addition 2:
Whoops I have made a little error, the L and R legends on the shoulder buttons are the wrong way around. I will correct this in the next animation as I want to let this one go all the way through just to see what it looks like.

Sorry :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have the first render animation, I have no idea how long it will take you all do download as I made a flash file out of it. it's about 22meg and I hope it works...
Slow loading flash version

I have uploaded it to youtube and it repeated about 4 times, unfortunately youtube is clever and reduced it to one repeat:

YouTube single rotation

WarmFluffyUK said:
Okay I have the first render animation, I have no idea how long it will take you all do download as I made a flash file out of it. it's about 22meg and I hope it works...

I have uploaded it to youtube and it repeated about 4 times, unfortunately youtube is clever and reduced it to one repeat:

YouTube single rotation

Oooh, the youtube one is nice taster - I'm D/L the other one now...

Yes this is rather good, thanks WarmFluffyUK.

Impressive. I had a go at building one a few months back but work pulled me away. Could you maybe upload an .obj model somewhere? Or e-mail it to me?

WarmFluffyUK said:

YouTube single rotation

now that is cool

WarmFluffyUK said:

YouTube single rotation

loving it thnx

:D i see you subscribed to ellaskins, so u into djin? or do you love listening to the ten min mixes?

oh and are you sure the concave finish to the top part is final ? like the ds lite?

i think it looks good concave but i dont dig the round speakers too much. :huh:

This certainly isn't what the finished product will look like, Ryuu, we've already made that clear. Fluffy will update it's design as new images/info becomes available.

Ryuu said:
loving it thnx

:D i see you subscribed to ellaskins, so u into djin? or do you love listening to the ten min mixes?

oh and are you sure the concave finish to the top part is final ? like the ds lite?

i think it looks good concave but i dont dig the round speakers too much. :huh:
Actually I used to do a lot of mixes and produced a lot of original music. I also went to school with Jonathan (ellaskins), he's a mega drummer:)

I have an updated animation: HERE

Very, very nicely done.
Now when I'm in a funk about my lack of the Pandora I'm waiting for, I can open this animation and feel a bit better.

I suggest adding another object to the render to let others who are not familiar with this amazing device know just how small the Pandora is.
The SD card, a can of soda, something everyone knows the size of.

Thanks for doing this.

Shaky? No.

And learn to read, you're the second person who hasn't understood that this ISN'T quite finished here, and is far from being completely authentic.

Pay more attention.

how lovely.
lovely and likely to be my mental screen saver / contents of my dreams for the next month.
:) ta warm.

WarmFluffyUK said:
I only have a 56K Modem so I better don't test it out :D

Is a small 150KB pic of the new rendering available maybe? ^_^

fusion_power said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
I only have a 56K Modem so I better don't test it out :D

Is a small 150KB pic of the new rendering available maybe? ^_^

Your wish is my command, here's one that's about 45K
NewPandora.jpg

Logokas said:
Shaky? No.

And learn to read, you're the second person who hasn't understood that this ISN'T quite finished here, and is far from being completely authentic.

Pay more attention.
As in it is not a perfect rotation in my eyes, or that lighting effect is tricking me because of the reflection.
Yes I know this is not finished yet, but that doesn't mean I know what the exact value of digital glossiness that the screen has. I don't want a flame war here.

Wow! those renders really are great!

keep up the good work, Warmfluffy. I look forward to updates :)

hells_dark said:
We all do :)
That was a pointless post :blink: is someone trying to up their post count?

Warmfluffy, on the next render you could maybe update to have the new custom joypads instead of the old discontinued ones. (The new ones don't have a chrome base)

Back