GOG.com

FREE STUFF (for limited time)

Also, as a side note, "Dungeon of the Endless - Definitive Edition" just appeared available, and I recommend it, A LOT.
Just a warning, it's difficult (DAMN DIFFICULT), but with some serious dedication it becomes rewarding, and easily creates that "just one more turn and I go to bed" infinite loop.
It contains all the commercial DLC, but I'm not sure if it contains also the "Australium" DLC, I don't see any "Team Fortress 2" characters in the GOG screenshots... it is a free DLC on STEAM, but I wonder if VALVE wanted the exclusive for his store... there is still no forum on GOG for the game... I will update when I'll have more info...

thanks for Hero of the Kingdom. Seems i already have Dungeon of the Endless and the Australium DLC. Death Gamble DLC is free on steam as well as a digital artbook and organic matter DLC.

thanks for Hero of the Kingdom. Seems i already have Dungeon of the Endless and the Australium DLC. Death Gamble DLC is free on steam as well as a digital artbook and organic matter DLC.
On STEAM the Definitive Edition is really complete with everything, also the Crystal Edition is included in it.
There were some issues on that store some time ago, and both the Australium DLC and the contents of the Crystal Edition were impossible to install, but now all is OK on Steam.

I hope that the GOG package contains everything as the Steam edition... the forum for the game is still missing, and the few reviews present don't speak about the contents.

And by the way... there are two secret characters in the game...
- One will appear only in some precise dates, and then can be unlocked to be selected forever at will.
- One will appear only randomly as a second character if you select only one character at the start of a game, but can't be unlocked... there's anyway a MOD around that makes that character selectable at will.

EDIT:
I had a better look at the GOG page for the game, and it list only "Single Player", so I suppose that the cooperative multiplayer functionality is present only on Steam.

All the games developed around Steam Workshop lose always something when ported to other stores... :mad:

EDIT2:
On one of the GOG screenshots I found the characters selection screen... and the "Team Fortress 2" squad is not present... so I suppose that the "Australium" DLC is missing :(

1693331906970.png

Here I count 19 characters, while on Steam there are 26 (excluding the 2 secret ones)

EDIT3:
Someone confirmed having seem a TF2 hero in the GOG version, and seems like the multiplayer option is selectable while using Galaxy, so it is highly possible that it indeed contains all the stuff that the Steam version has.

EDIT4:
So, seems like the GOG version is indeed complete with all the DLCs, and also has one of the secret heroes always selectable from the beginning.
On the Steam version required a MOD to obtain that.

Anyway, the soundtrack and the art book are not present.

Last edited:
^ Just learned that Jan Böhmermann has a role in that game. I absolutely despise that guy.

@TeDaDeS in cooperation with our interior ministry Böhmermann made up connections between some Russian company and the, now former, head of BSI - the German ministry for IT-security - Schönbohm. The latter is an advocate of end-to-end encryptions and against back-door access for state institutions. There is now an investigation going on against Nancy Faeser, head of interior ministry and a lying leftist out of touch with reality, for making up false claims that led to the demotion of Schönbohm.
Also Böhmermann calls everyone a Nazi who he disagrees with, and he's generally nothing but an arrogant, leftist d!ck with a state-funded "satirical entertainment" TV show that about 90% of people do not consider funny.

@TeDaDeS in cooperation with our interior ministry Böhmermann made up connections between some Russian company and the, now former, head of BSI - the German ministry for IT-security - Schönbohm. The latter is an advocate of end-to-end encryptions and against back-door access for state institutions. There is now an investigation going on against Nancy Faeser, head of interior ministry and a lying leftist out of touch with reality, for making up false claims that led to the demotion of Schönbohm.
Also Böhmermann calls everyone a Nazi who he disagrees with, and he's generally nothing but an arrogant, leftist d!ck with a state-funded "satirical entertainment" TV show that about 90% of people do not consider funny.
Sounds like a regular tv puppet.

If someone missed it, I have a gift code that will expire on December 2.

Sony/Playstation brings more games to GOG.
Uncharted and God of War. That is great news.
I am not too interested in those games, however I might buy them just to vote with my wallet and to show publishers that DRM free releases are profitable to them.

DRM free releases are profitable to them
Most of the bigger publishers are just using them to milk the cow a little more, considering that A LOT of people will buy the game twice, the first time because can't wait to play, and the second time because "supporting DRM Free" when that version is finally there...

Anyway the actual situation it's indeed better than before.

Most of the bigger publishers are just using them to milk the cow a little more, considering that A LOT of people will buy the game twice, the first time because can't wait to play, and the second time because "supporting DRM Free" when that version is finally there...

Anyway the actual situation it's indeed better than before.
When they launched GOG Galaxy you would get (some?) games you had on Steam for free on GOG. Not sure if that still happens. So there wasn't the duplicate buying, but I assume you have to purchase them if you start now.

I honestly do not mind if the intention behind it is to sell the same game twice.
Releasing DRM-free, makes pirating trivial, probably even more trivial than when the game is cracked already.
There are still customers like me, who buy 99% GOG exclusive now, so I do no have to pay twice.
IMO it's completely fair, if a GOG release has to wait a year or something,
In the current times, waiting to get a bundle with all DLC, or simply a more mature version with bufixes is not the worst thing.

Once Skyrim and Shadow of War/Mordor released, I was cheering so much.
On launch and now once again, you could get those games for 5€ each, so not much loss I'd say.
Especially Skyrim is important for me, since I invest much time modding the game.
Back in 2019/2020 I always had a bad feeling about it, since I invested much time into building a modlist for a game which could be taken away from me.
Now, I have a GOG-version and can back up everything, from mods to the game itself.

When they launched GOG Galaxy you would get (some?) games you had on Steam for free on GOG. Not sure if that still happens. So there wasn't the duplicate buying, but I assume you have to purchase them if you start now.
That was a thing silently removed from the store, and was always very limited, you were able to get an "already own" Steam game to GOG for "free", but was only accessible in a particular time frame and for a limited list of games.
Also, the GOG version was linked to the Steam Account in a way that if the game from Steam was removed from the account, even the GOG one disappeared, because you still only owned the Steam one.

There are a lot of people that still confuses that functionality with the "Steam integration" for GALAXY client, while the latter add nothing to the GOG account, it just gets the list of games you own from Steam to show them in the GALAXY library, and that's it,

The second game in the "Styx" series (but technically also the third game with that character).
If you like stealth games like Thief, but a little more arcade, this is the thing for you !!
There are different ways to beat the levels, you can also kill everyone to make exploration easier, BUT the game is highly focused on rewarding pure stealth players, so if you really want to shine in the score screen at end of the level, just pass all the guards unseen, and while you are at it steal all the things they have in the pockets too !!

One of the worst thing people says about the game is that the levels are the same, and this is true, because during the story you have to reach an area and then go back... but it's not a bad thing in my point of view, because those levels are so FULL of different passages (also some secrets), and you can use so many combinations of your skills that a second play through could be totally different from the previous one.

If I really have to find a bad thing in the game, is that it is made for at least a sequel, that was never made... so well, that's it, for the rest is a great game.

Back