GOG.com

It’s kinda sad to see CD Projekt playing it safe. I realize they made three straight Witcher games and it worked, then they made a not Witcher game and it didn’t work, but I don’t see a reason to go straight back to the Witcher, unless they’re really hurting for capital.

FREE STUFF (for limited time !!)

GET IT !! It's a unique game !! There's nothing around similar to this game.
The bad thing is that it feels "a good start" for the wonderful game that it could have been... but if more people knows about it maybe, some day, a proper sequel, or big DLC will come around...
If only they added modding support, there was already a lot of people around willing to enhance it... :'(

So get it !! NOW !!! :-||

Oh, by the way, I just found out that there's a "Galaxy APP" for the "Epic Store" !!!!

So now you can integrate your "Epic Store" library into "GOG Galaxy", while you are integrating the "GOG Galaxy" library into the "Epic Store Client" !!

raw

FREE STUFF (for limited time !!)

I will take the free stuff, but right now, I have so many GOG games in my library, it's hard to find an offer of a game which appeals to me which I don't already own.
If so, I am waiting for a higher discount, as I am not in a hurry ;)

A few days ago I purchased Dead Cells and am playing that one on my Max 2 now.
So far I like it, but I fear like it might become boring after a week doing the same thing over and over again.
We'll see, maybe it stays great and fun :)

I wonder how many years will require for Gotham Knights to come here... :(

F.E.A.R. 3 finally came to GOG... well, at least I can finally complete the serie...

I tried for some days the GOG Galaxy integrations of Steam and Epic, because it was becoming really difficult dealing with those massive lists of games from the respective clients... I was always skeptic about that functionality, but I must admit that it's really useful.

Now I can clearly see what games I have, and I'm able to TAG them in a single location.

The TAG system of Galaxy is still "incomplete", it's not possible to select multiple elements or rename TAGs, but still them are managed in a way that results more clear and fast to me, compared to the Steam "Categories" or Epic "Collections".

Also both Steam and Epic clients are heavier and slower compared to Galaxy, so in the end starting Galaxy to launch one of their games is faster than opening the respective clients.

There are anyway things that could be improved... for example a link to open the game page in it's main client, to check for DLC and things like that, and the possibility to auto-quit the called client after you exit from a game.

Also both Steam and Epic clients are heavier and slower compared to Galaxy, so in the end starting Galaxy to launch one of their games is faster than opening the respective clients.

Interesting. I have 3tb od Games installed on my Gpd Win Max 2 and it takes super long to start GOG Galaxy.
Especially when the Internet connection is bad.

Also the feature I am missing most is to back up my complete offline installer collection and to keep them updated.

Interesting. I have 3tb od Games installed on my Gpd Win Max 2 and it takes super long to start GOG Galaxy.
Especially when the Internet connection is bad.

Also the feature I am missing most is to back up my complete offline installer collection and to keep them updated.
I don't have so many games installed, but surely Galaxy does weird things at the start... it seems always to reload the entire library from scratch... some kind of caching system and a background synch could speed up a lot the things...

Anyway, Steam and Epic do the same... they always have to reload all the images from scratch at the start, plus all the store pages stuff... Epic is the worst, it's almost impossible for me to browse the library from there, it needs a lot of resources and internet band every time, just to reload the thumbnails...

On Galaxy this is ten times faster for me, and I can scroll in a single view all the games I have in all the 3 stores.

On the forum there are a lot of complaints about the integrations, like missing games, crashes or infinite loadings, but for now I had no issues.

To backup your offline installers just use LGOGDownloader, it's only for Linux but it's what you need to do the job. It can get even the extras, and you can launch it also just to keep updated the stuff you already got. Just have a look at the command-line parameters and you'll see how powerful it is.

Back