Got Pc Manager To Work

hope this can help:

I noticed that pc manager can't detect caanoo if switched on when I connect it to pc.
I have to switch it on after connected with usb cable

RZZ said:
hope this can help:

I noticed that pc manager can't detect caanoo if switched on when I connect it to pc.
I have to switch it on after connected with usb cable

I have no problems detecting the caanoo, i just can't get rhythmos to work on the bloody thing, and i have to edit the .ini file in order to start the horrible DRM junk

Last edited by a moderator:
god they had the coupon code thing hidden quite well, took me a while to figure out i was entering it in the section for getting gp "money" and not in the coupon code stuff. Anyway succesfully registerd my canoo, and coupon codes, one problem though the download is terribly slow :( 20 kb / sec ffs. this is going to take ages.

Pc manager also worked without modifying anything on my system, although sometimes it doesn't detect my canoo, but i just enabled the automatic detection function, and reconnect the usb cable and it detects it :)

I'll keep you posted if i can get a game to run...

ok after 2 damn long hours of waiting the propis game was downloaded (you have to use some download speed counter, since their java applet hung at 75% yet the files still downloaded). anyway after that the only things i did where the following :

1) changed the ini file with the 127.0.0.1 entry (not sure if it was needed)
2) went to the %appdata% dir (enter in address bar & press enter) and ran the NetsyncBrowser3.5.exe as administrator (UAC on vista 64 bit is enabled here).
3) made sure my canoo was detected
4) selected the propis game
5) pressed the yellow "sync" button
6) it seemed to hang for a while but after a minute or so it started transfering the game to the canoo.
7) the last file title.wav hung the application, yet the file was fully copied (you can check filesizes)
8) started the game on the canoo and it ran without a problem

sidenotes:
1) i cleared my whole sd card in linux using fdisk, rebooted and let it format under windows
2) the card got detected BUT there were 2 files in this directory which might be DRM related to indentify your system, i think these will be generated by the canoo if you do not see those that might be reason why games are crashing (this is speculation though, it's only something i think might happen).

checking the game out now ^^

not my kind of style of gamen, lenthy dialogs (in english), and some tile match like game where you have to connect lines or something (didn't quite get it) anyway will be downloading another game now to see if they work, during the night and will let you guys know tommorow evening if it works as well

joyrider said:
the files are located in the root of my sd card:
NED_LIC.SYS (512 bytes) and NED_SID.SYS (16 bytes)

Same for me. However, you shouldn't edit .ini file with the last PC manager version.

Where did you buy GP points ?

Mr 2X said:
joyrider said:
the files are located in the root of my sd card:
NED_LIC.SYS (512 bytes) and NED_SID.SYS (16 bytes)

Same for me. However, you shouldn't edit .ini file with the last PC manager version.

Where did you buy GP points ?

For some reason you buy GP points outside of FunGP, I have no idea why.
You can buy them digitally at Play-asia.com
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-zvy-71-d1-49-en-84-k.html

The Caanoo is registered, but I cannot DL the Rythmos game. It says I am missing a plugin but when I do, it still won't go. Is it like a queue? Could I be denied packets thru a DNS issue? I am please I got through the PC manager and it synced on the site and the manager, but no game... Help?

What browser do you use ? I've downloaded Rhythmos (after some tries) with IE8 and Chrome.
If Firefox claims for a missing plugin (and you have java installed), try to ignore that and after selecting download folder (I suggest C:\GP2X), press "OK" and wait a lot of times before it starts.

Back