Got the email. queue position 137

I'm not the original owner, I don't think I am covered under warranty.

gunrock it's bad enough I have to go to a forum to get information about this thing I paid for, it just makes it worse I have to put up with insulting and pretentious comments from prick forum members with nothing better to do than troll frustrated preorderers.

Evil Dragon, can I send you my used pandora and have you combine that with my preorder to get a 1ghz model? wouldn't that be comparable to a cross store upgrade or a 1ghz in store upgrade? if there is a difference, can I pay it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not the original owner, I don't think I am covered under warranty.
LCD Cable? Would still be under warranty.

Evil Dragon, can I send you my used pandora and have you combine that with my preorder to get a 1ghz model? wouldn't that be comparable to a cross store upgrade or a 1ghz in store upgrade? if there is a difference, can I pay it?
Well, it would be less than a cross upgrade, as you're also offering your old unit.

So I'd say it should be possible for about 125 EUR, if you would be fine with that?

(if you're living within the EU, another 19% VAT would have to be added)

That sounds like it might be reasonable. please give me a few days to think about it. should I contact you on the forum or via Email?

also if I were to repair this unit instead of trading it in, would replacing the case void my warranty or would I need to have you guys do that along side the ribbon cable?

Thanks for the quick reply.

See? Wasn't so bad was it?

gunrock it's bad enough I have to go to a forum to get information about this thing I paid for, it just makes it worse I have to put up with insulting and pretentious comments from prick forum members with nothing better to do than troll frustrated preorderers.
The preorders situation is akin to an oil spillage; it's a nasty, contaminating mess that taints everything and cleaning it up is a slow and expensive endeavour often carried out with the help of volunteers.

This is an official forum run by the OPT significant figures, with a community who want to help. I'm sure if you rocked up to a Nintendo forum with that original post you'd be moderated off the board. Some people troll and make fun but look at the donation funds that are clearing up the queues, that's the community at work. People (a lot of who have their Pandoras already and aren't obliged) are sticking their hard-earned in for no reason other than to help out preorderers. It's a bad situation but it's getting better.

Pfffttt, you're getting your 2nd user machine fixed for free and a very reasonable offer to get it upgraded to the latest and greatest hardware. Wait to see Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft do that.

Is gaming still ruined for you?

138 checking back in.  It arrived today and is AWESOME!  I bet a couple of my co-workers will want to go for one!

No chrome though is a huge issue.  Been a while since I cross compiled something, maybe that'll be my weekend project..

Thanks ED!

Ian

Pfffttt, you're getting your 2nd user machine fixed for free and a very reasonable offer to get it upgraded to the latest and greatest hardware. Wait to see Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft do that.

Is gaming still ruined for you?
2nd user machine? I only have one, that i purchased 2nd hand. and the deal is i give them this used one, forfeit my preorder and pay another $160. I still in the long run lose money on the whole deal and have waited 3 - 4 years now is it? your right, sony, nintendo or microsoft wouldn't do that. great point.

go troll some other forum where people aren't trying to get purchase and product information.

Content merged from double post - Binky

@ ED - Are any 1Ghz from Craig's queue likely to be sent this month?

Has anyone beyond 138 received their Pandora? I know that 153 and 154 posted that they had been sent emails. Did you receive your units?

Thanks.

As I always send the units in monthly batches, you can be sure some will be sent out ;)

I doubt it, as the next ones will ship next week, not before.
Craig's queue includes Batch1/Batch2 and 1Ghz?!!??!?!?!??!!

I think most of us were under the impression the 1Ghz queue was shipped and we've been working on the original rebirth batches? ARGGGGGHH

No email, no idea where I am in the queue... but I'm cool :) hopefully I haven't been forgotten!

I've got an email stating that the queue is now up to #182. As I am #185, I have to wait one more month. Congratulations for the new OpenPandora owners  ^_^

Back