Gp Theatre Has Returned

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
It has now returned at www.gptheatre.co.uk

Its not been even 24 hours since the domain got registered but it will work for most people. If it for some reason does not work for you in a very short amount of time it will.

And its on a new server so no DNS problems anymore.

Just managed to download Master with Cracked Fingers no problem, albeit at only 20k/sec

Very impressive! Great website.

What is the criteria for a film to be on the website, or is it just random stuff at the moment?

Just managed to download Master with Cracked Fingers no problem, albeit at only 20k/sec

Very impressive! Great website.

What is the criteria for a film to be on the website, or is it just random stuff at the moment?

unlimted space? how did you pull that off? :ph34r: :blink:

anyway, cool resource. looks like you have to update it by hand which is too bad! :(
i might switch it to a different thing soon
liek phpnuke or what ever or a gp32x.de style thing :p
Its any public domain stuff. also ill have the proper forums up in a min. finally about the slow tranfer. Other people are getting this. Mine never goes below 100k when i use it. But it was fairly cheap so a slow server is entirely possible. ill have to do some tests some how. Liek get liek 10 people dl'ing at once. THe space cost me $20 a year :p

Last edited by a moderator:
have a lot of martial arts movies / cartoons here

can provide the site a lil bit

you just have to tell me where i can prove if the copyright has lapsed . or what conditions have to be set up that the copyright lapsed

greets

i think its before 1922 or listed as public domain. God is it going slow for everyone? Seems to vary from person to person.

EDIT: was nto slow earlier so hopefully will fix soon.

Not that I'm complaining at all, but I would like to point out that some of the content is definitely not public domain...
I won't complain either...
---
BTW has anyone apart from me in the UK seen the advert for lettuce with a huge battle scene and lots of people from each side chanting the names of each lettuce?

Not that I'm complaining at all, but I would like to point out that some of the content is definitely not public domain...

Don't Guess at what isn't Public Domain or freely downloadable. Sam and Co have made quite an effort to make sure the content is freely distributable.

If, however, you are positive some content is still copyrighted then please PM Sam with details so the file can be taken down rather than a blanket statement that means he has to shut the entire site.

yes thank you. bad toad is also down because the server would not allow 4gb to be copied to the new one :p It will be on the new oen by tomorrow then i must just reupload the files. Or i should say spongebue has to reupload it all :p his upload is very fast :)

Possibly the quickest way to see whether something is public domain is to see whether it's being sold by the Public Domain distributer Retrofilm.com. As they stock broadcast-quality versions of the films for TV networks, they can't really afford to screw up and list something that isn't public domain.

Co-incidentally, I was considering setting up 'GP32n' (GamePark Thirty Toon) to house the reasonably large collection of golden age Warner Bros. (and more) cartoons I seem to be collecting this summer, but I guess I'll be putting my upgraded connection to some use again, and make an effort to provide vast quantities of uploads for GPTheatre instead. It's not like I can remember the password to my pathetic 1gb of web space anyway :p.

Possibly the quickest way to see whether something is public domain is to see whether it's being sold by the Public Domain distributer Retrofilm.com. As they stock broadcast-quality versions of the films for TV networks, they can't really afford to screw up and list something that isn't public domain.

Co-incidentally, I was considering setting up 'GP32n' (GamePark Thirty Toon) to house the reasonably large collection of golden age Warner Bros. (and more) cartoons I seem to be collecting this summer, but I guess I'll be putting my upgraded connection to some use again, and make an effort to provide vast quantities of uploads for GPTheatre instead. It's not like I can remember the password to my pathetic 1gb of web space anyway :p.
Yes. I have ulimited. They are moving it to the new server some time today or tomorrow. By tomorrow at the latest.

wish i could see it, the link doesn't work...
Your dns has not yet resolved. use www.proxify.us it will allow you to see it but i dont know about downloads

Back