Gp2x-2006 Coding Competition Splashscreens

Lol, thanks again! i used a program called swift 3d, its used to make 3d vectors. so i used that for the wireframes.

anyone know of the easiest way for me to transfer the gp2x logo onto my work?

Steal it off of rokdcasbah's work
gb2x_contest.png

ok this is probably the last one...

gp2xcodingcomp45gk.jpg

no idea what its meant to be, looked cool a few hours ago, i messed around with it and now... o_0

i tried it with the real logo, but the '2006' didn't match it. Oh well.. its a picasso.

Here's my contribution. I thought it would be a good day to learn to use Inkscape.

51584864-M.jpg

I'll work on it a bit more when I've gotten a better hang of this program.

anyone know of the easiest way for me to transfer the gp2x logo onto my work?

what i did: first used google image search, took the largest version of the lettering that i could find (the straight on front minivian shot with the logo on the screen), cut & paste, cleaned some of the pixels up. i also found a picture of just the 'X' here. maybe if i have time i will make a vectorized copy, unless someone beats me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
2006coding_alex.png

I love playing with typography and photographs :) I can also do the banner ads if you like this.

I've updated mine, put them all together (Edit: Noticed a typo Edit2: Fixed it -> here )

Sorry for the delay, I haven't had access to the PC where I originally did it for a few days.

I just wish I had the artistic talent of some of the people here - some amazing designs :)

Well, here's another along the same line. I don't think my designs are going to inspire anybody to drop their pants and start coding, but I think they're a bit cute.

51612003-M.jpg

thanks for all the banners, i have added all the ones that were made or updated to use gp2x.co.uk.

we still need one or two banners for the competition, a 468x60 and 150x150 (or 150x120 etc). If someone could do those that would be great!

Back