Gp2x For Sale.

The2ndclory

Still Fresh
I wanted a little linuux gadget and when my initial choice fell through I was looking at the 2x. Now that I've gotten my hand on pick #1 I'd like to offset the cost by getting rid of the 2x. I consider it reasonable to sell it for $180 (preferably paypal) shipped by fedex to anywhere in the US. The only thing missing is the manual.

img02460za.jpg

img02526gr.jpg

This is the one thing I find wrong with the unit and its only apparent when the screen is all dark.

Edit: Ebay - sgtpvtmajor

1. What was this original gadget you wanted?

2. Have you applied all the recent firmware patches? and

3. Your unit might be defective... i've seen videos of the GP2X in action and there is no way the screen is that dark...

I would lower the price if you want it to sell. A new one on gp32z.com goes for $190, a mere $10 more.

First pick - Nokia 770

The screen isn't dark, the pic had to be taken with the flash on as to get a better picture of the unit.

img02504qu.jpg

No flash.

The price IS lowered. I paid $189 for mine PLUS $14 shipping which came to a total of $203. I'm selling the unit for $180 SHIPPED regardless of where you live in the US. eg. if shipping to your location is $15 you will be paying $165 for the unit.

this is a very sad day...someone wanting to get rid of/sell their 2X...guess it just wasnt for you then

The2ndclory posted on Dec 21 2005 at 05:20 PM said:
The price IS lowered. I paid $189 for mine PLUS $14 shipping which came to a total of $213. I'm selling the unit for $180 SHIPPED regardless of where you live in the US. eg. if shipping to your location is $15 you will be paying $165 for the unit.

I would lower the price a little more. Dynamism sells the unit new for $179.00 and shipping is only $10 in the US. That is a new unit with a year warrantee for only $9 more.

I would suggest setting the price about 15% - 20% lower then a new unit. That would make it a better deal (or toss in a memory card or something).

Just a suggestion.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
not at that price anyway, it doesnt matter if you have had it 10 mins or 10 months the unit is now 2nd hand, considering you can get the unit new for pretty much the same price as your 2nd hand one anyone paying what your asking must have a screw or 2 lose

Are you saying a $30 markdown isn't enough?

Thank you for your advice though Vimacs. I just need to have this gone as I'll be on deployment for 18 months pretty soon and thats just more depreciation time.

I'll take one more stab at it 'cuz its just sitting here, if no one wants it for $150 shipped then I can take a hint.

The2ndclory posted on Dec 21 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
I'll lower it to $170 $160 SHIPPED.

Put in the marketplace (check the board front page) and you'll sell it in a day.

It's a great price.

some people here seem to be preaching about what you "should" be charging for a used gp2x. they seem to forget that this is the age of eBay where stupid people pay near retail price and very often ABOVE retail price for items they can purchase NEW from their local stores.

dump it on eBay and you'll probably get 190 for it

yeah...people who buy on ebay are sometimes really stupid, buying second-hand things for more than a brand new one would cost them!

Paradox posted on Dec 22 2005 at 05:01 PM said:
yeah...people who buy on ebay are sometimes really stupid, buying second-hand things for more than a brand new one would cost them!
If you'd be smarter, you'd keep quiet and act from the shadows :p

I'd concider buying it if the warrenty somehow transfered, but i fear bricking my unit more then too much.

Actually I have nothing against the unit, I'm really surprised it plays my movies so well without re encoding. But I just don't see the use of having it sitting around when I could a.) keep the money, b.) buy something else with it.

I did ask via AIM if it was transferrable, still haven't gotten a reply. The unit is no longer for sale though.

Back