Gp2x In Australia

dodgyville

Website
Visit site
I'm in Melbourne and I am going to order a gp2x next week. I thought it might be a good idea if any Austalians here wanted to group their orders together, we might get a discount on postage and/or price!

Let me know ASAP,
Luke

I'm in Adelaide and I've already ordered mine from GBAX. It'd be great if we got an official distributor over here.. I wonder if any of the larger shops will get into it? There would definatly be enough demand for it here.

Postage for me was about $30, I think. I ended up paying $266 including post, which is still a very good price.

Skitzo posted on Oct 15 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
I'm in Adelaide and I've already ordered mine from GBAX. It'd be great if we got an official distributor over here.. I wonder if any of the larger shops will get into it? There would definatly be enough demand for it here.

Postage for me was about $30, I think. I ended up paying $266 including post, which is still a very good price.

$266 AUD? or USD ?

btw I'm in Sydney

JRyouK

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Melbourne and ordered from GBAX a few weeks ago it cost me $270.91AU including postage and $4 for International money conversion...

JB Hi-Fi in Melbourne sell various mp3 and pmp devices and it would be great if they start selling them.

I'm in Brisbane, I already ordered two from GBAX, will have to wait for my folks to bring them over from the UK. Would be handy to have somewhere over here to buy all the extras from, all the cables etc.

I believe Anna said if you have any retailer you would like to carry GP2X to let them know and they;ll try to contact them. Granted the huge chain stores arnt going to touchthem but if you know a smaller shop pass it along to them.

Hey, I'm going to Korean to pick mine up for chrsitmas. Nto sure if it will be cheaper. It better be availble, or I'll be pissed.

But I like the idea of mail delivery.

I'd be happy to join in if anyone is in canberra.

joele posted on Oct 17 2005 at 01:16 PM said:
I heard EB were going to sell them here!

Wow ... I have an EB about 7 minutes walk from where I work (here in North Ryde).

If it does, I will hang out there a bit more, and talk more people into buying one.

Martin

martin_F posted on Oct 17 2005 at 01:33 PM said:
joele posted on Oct 17 2005 at 01:16 PM said:
I heard EB were going to sell them here!

Wow ... I have an EB about 7 minutes walk from where I work (here in North Ryde).

If it does, I will hang out there a bit more, and talk more people into buying one.

Martin

I talked to an EB manager and he said that it was probably not going to be supported because it is considered an emulation machine. And that they don't like emulators there.

icurafu posted on Oct 17 2005 at 02:47 AM said:
I talked to an EB manager and he said that it was probably not going to be supported because it is considered an emulation machine. And that they don't like emulators there.

mmmm, I thought my source was fairly reliable? ohh well, wait and see I guess?

joele posted on Oct 17 2005 at 04:16 PM said:
icurafu posted on Oct 17 2005 at 02:47 AM said:
I talked to an EB manager and he said that it was probably not going to be supported because it is considered an emulation machine.  And that they don't like emulators there.

mmmm, I thought my source was fairly reliable? ohh well, wait and see I guess?

On the positive side. He knew what the GP2X was as soon as I mentioned it.

But he said emulation with even a comical loathing. :)

Back