Gp2x Internet Setup

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Hi, I have been looking everywhere all over the wiki trying to find a guide how to set up internet for the gp2x but I can't find anything. Can anyone give me an explanation of how to do it and what things I need or at least a link to a guide? I really want to try getting Liquidwar to work online...

Also, does Quake work online if set up right?

erm..
you could buy a psp..
I know I sound like a prick but internet is not well integrated into the gp2x, like it is on psp..
so I think you are going to find more homebrew with internet support and I am pretty sure there is a quake port for psp... <_<

you need ethernet-over-usb drivers for either linux or windows (they're on the archive, i think the windows one is here.) after that i can't help you much since i haven't tried. but i think you might have problems getting the two network connections to work at once in windows (i'm pretty sure my xp usually picks one or the other when they're both going) so if that's the case then you need to bridge them so that the gp2x ends up on the same subnet as your pc, and is facing the internet.

it could be a little easier than i've described, i'm sure someone who's actually done it can help. but first step is getting the drivers. if you need to test it out, use the telnet server that's built in.

Shifty said:
Hi, I have been looking everywhere all over the wiki trying to find a guide how to set up internet for the gp2x but I can't find anything. Can anyone give me an explanation of how to do it and what things I need or at least a link to a guide? I really want to try getting Liquidwar to work online...

Also, does Quake work online if set up right?
Liquidwar on the internet is an interesting technical problem, it works but you'll probably find you're the only person on the server.

First you need to set up USB networking to connect to your PC.

On the GP2X

CODE

route add default gw <ip address of your USB net interface on the PC>

To route unknown addresses to the PC

You may have to edit /etc/resolv.conf to put in a DNS address (mine had some korean server that worked anyway :))

That gets you as far as your PC, the next bit depends on what OS you use but basically you have to set up your PC to forward packets from the USB network to your internet connection.

If you use a router, you need to set up a route on the router for data for the GP2X

This is what I did

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses and links everyone :) It seems Its even harder than I thought but I will try the stuff that rokdcasbah and Parkydr said.

I can't get a psp though for I don't have enough money... :mellow:

Shifty said:
Thanks for the responses and links everyone :) It seems Its even harder than I thought but I will try the stuff that rokdcasbah and Parkydr said.

I can't get a psp though for I don't have enough money... :mellow:
I got mine awhile ago for $130 with some games! :)
how can you not finance that!? (but get a 2x?)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol ya my floor could use a quick vacuum, i finally took some better pictures, how do i scale them down?

Back