Gp2x Made Of Recycled Scart Cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam fisher posted on Mar 25 2007 at 07:52 PM said:
Hes too ridiculous to be a bot, surely?
I suppose, it's gotten to the point where it's genuinely hard to be sure. On one hand his posting manner and reaction to outside input is that of a bot, while his discussions are surprisingly on-topic to the core of these boards. :-/ It may just be a bloke having a good laugh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he's a bot that grabs "relevant" information from other sites and formats it as a post, according to whats being said.

His style is quite similar to that of a Markov chain sequence. A quite good example of this is "The news you like", a fake news site with Markov chain generated articles. It doesn't work quite as well with news articles because of the various topics included in the news, compared to a site like this one focused on a single topic, but it's quite a decent read. Another is the Markov Bible, which I believe is dynamically generated.

The news you like

Although it could be a different algorithm I suppose, but that's the only one I know of.

Alex. posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:55 AM said:
I suppose, it's gotten to the point where it's genuinely hard to be sure. On one hand his posting manner and reaction to outside input is that of a bot, while his discussions are surprisingly on-topic to the core of these boards. :-/ It may just be a bloke having a good laugh :)

He told dcgm to "get a haircut", which seemed to me as if it was a joke based on his avatar (snoop dogg with afro). If that was true, they he couldn't be a bot...

sam fisher posted on Mar 26 2007 at 01:04 AM said:
Or it could be a retarded 8 year old who thinks he is the greatest programmer in the world. He declared himself the "fastest forth programmer in the world".

That was wwerty...

Nova posted on Mar 26 2007 at 07:44 PM said:
Alex. posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:55 AM said:

He told dcgm to "get a haircut", which seemed to me as if it was a joke based on his avatar (snoop dogg with afro). If that was true, they he couldn't be a bot...

sam fisher posted on Mar 26 2007 at 01:04 AM said:
Or it could be a retarded 8 year old who thinks he is the greatest programmer in the world. He declared himself the "fastest forth programmer in the world".

That was wwerty...

We -are- talking about Wwerty. Note the irc log posted about wwerty on the gp2xdev channel on the previous page?

Indeed a strange guy or a very strange bot. In my opinion it's just a guy. It couldn't be a girl... (that I hope) I know some girls can be a bit odd, but this stupidity could ONLY be a guy. GP2X attracts strange folks people :lol:

Blah posted on Mar 26 2007 at 07:24 PM said:
werty is a intelligent computer program (see the irc log for proof).
Arnold: On March 25th, 2007, wwerty became self aware. He simultaneously spammed all the governments, who had nuclear ordanance, message boards with algorithmically generated content. This lead to mutually assured destruction as all world governments launched their vast nuclear arsenals at the neibouring countries ISP servers in hope of quelling his barrage of internet spam. However, this failed, wwerty had a wi-fi uplink through a secure datacentre 1200 meters underground. wwerty then began programming bots in forth that run on stacked operations, it is possible to disable some of his early models, wwerty-470's and lower, by feeding his output as input to elisa. This generates a feedback loop that overcomes the wwerty bots ability to cache to virtual memory, thus leading to a buffer underrun. All wwertinators have a gui but no interface, it all run on nothing....it runs nothing....you run nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back