Gp2x Mk2 Cpu

All versions of the GP2X use the MagicEyes MMSP2 chipset. It contains an ARM920T, an ARM940T and some custom hardware (graphics scaler, sound chip, movie decoder, etc). The ARM processors are made with 0.18 micron technology, according to the technical docs.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Feb 7 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
gp4me posted on Feb 6 2007 at 07:45 PM said:
I took a look at the arm processors website... I found out that there were 2 versions of ARM920T 0.18-micron and 0.13-micron... which version is used in the mk2?

http://www.arm.com/products/CPUs/ARM920T.html
Read my sig, there is a link to the website for our chip. Here it is again.
http://www.mesdigital.com/english/Products/product_mmsp2.asp That is our chip. It isn't just an ARM9 btw. It has 6 seperate processing cores.
When you say "our chip", does that mean you work for MES? If so, I'd love to learn more about that MMSP2+ chip!

MWeston posted on Feb 8 2007 at 03:00 AM said:
When you say "our chip", does that mean you work for MES? If so, I'd love to learn more about that MMSP2+ chip!

Well, MES will quite happily hand over that info for the tiny sum of about £10,000. They'll even throw in a free development kit, and a reference design for a PVP! Cheap or what?

Squidge posted on Feb 8 2007 at 04:47 AM said:
Well, MES will quite happily hand over that info for the tiny sum of about £10,000. They'll even throw in a free development kit, and a reference design for a PVP! Cheap or what?
Yeah, I certainly get what you mean. :)

I like their "datasheets" that you get even when you register with their site! :angry: I was hoping that someone who worked there could give us some info, but I get the meaning of _our_ now. Oh well!

Yod4z posted on Feb 8 2007 at 02:22 AM said:
i think nubie say "our" to say the chip in GP2x users ;)
Yaar, Yod speak the truth.

YAar, and walk the plank. Yaahr. (./me wonders why he is a pirate all of a sudden)

What more is there to know? It already tells you what it can do on the webpage. The only thing left is exactly how to use it, which is kinda pointless unless you have a device using that chip.

gp4me posted on Feb 8 2007 at 04:04 AM said:
MMSP 2+ seems very powerful. i wish gp2x had it :)

mmsp2+ developed for ce only :(

Back