Gp2x Psx Emulator Released

Um... wow. Not that I currently have any PSX games that I can crush down small enough to be able to test, but nonetheless... wow.

Best of luck in getting this fully working (and hopefully even beyond DaveC's naysayer view of techdemo only)

Tobriand posted on Dec 3 2005 at 11:23 AM said:
Um... wow. Not that I currently have any PSX games that I can crush down small enough to be able to test, but nonetheless... wow.

Best of luck in getting this fully working (and hopefully even beyond DaveC's naysayer view of techdemo only)
theres plenty of tools that can cut down the size of the images, i'll have a quick feret on zodiacgamer to see if i can find the links, ie sensible soccer goes down to about 40MB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I suspect it depends on the game... all mind are RPGs. The only one of those that gets a lot of cutting is Xenogears (and that does some weird stuff anyway with the framebuffer, so I doubt it'd work properly. Breath of Fire 3 is usually a good game for early emulators (worked full speed or near enough on a 233MHz PC, albeit with a Voodoo 2 - but still at a time when anything else I tried just went belly up on an early PsEmu Pro), but that doesn't have much to rip. There's one movie in the entire game and it's the capcom one at the start.

Might be able to tear music out though, but I've a suspicion it's synthesized. But I'm not certain, I must say.

Jegriva posted on Dec 3 2005 at 05:43 PM said:
Basically we won't be able to emulate any game over the 320x240...
Which is fine since the PSX only ran on 320*240.

And It will look really nice on the screen, I believe you won't be so jaggy and jittery.

actually the PS does have a higher res mode. It's extremely rare though, I can only recall Wipeout 3 and a bonus mode in GT using it

So, if anyone didnt see it in the other toic..

4e26210e.png

Monster Rancher? Monster rancher OWNS! Anone play 3 or 4 for PS2? Out of those 3 id the best. 4 blew...Number 2 got me started on the series.

Zero3K posted on Dec 3 2005 at 06:00 PM said:
aQwaBlaz3: Does that mean you're making a game selector for it?

shit. I couldnt code anything like that. I just do graphics. If the maker of the emu wants me to do some buttons or some backgrounds, Im sure I can do some. I just cant code them to like.....highlight and all that fancy stuff. Only thing I know how to do is HTML. :p

Back