Gp2x Psx Emulator Released

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 4 2005 at 09:26 PM said:
Zero3K posted on Dec 3 2005 at 06:00 PM said:
aQwaBlaz3: Does that mean you're making a game selector for it?

shit. I couldnt code anything like that. I just do graphics. If the maker of the emu wants me to do some buttons or some backgrounds, Im sure I can do some. I just cant code them to like.....highlight and all that fancy stuff. Only thing I know how to do is HTML. :p
HTML sucks. Use PHP!

Last edited by a moderator:
PSyMastR posted on Dec 5 2005 at 08:13 PM said:

shit. I couldnt code anything like that. I just do graphics. If the maker of the emu wants me to do some buttons or some backgrounds, Im sure I can do some. I just cant code them to like.....highlight and all that fancy stuff. Only thing I know how to do is HTML. :p
HTML sucks. Use PHP!

If you're suggesting using PHP instead of HTML, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. PHP is a scripting language, it provides no real functions for formatting the data it outputs, especially if it's outputting to someone's browser.

hay guys does this playstation emulator run 3d games as well its just i know that the gp2x only like 2d stuff hope so would be cool to play something like ff8 on the go :D

not yet, but zodttd will be working hard to implement it on later versions. Give it a few weeks/months/years/decades, and it should improve quite a lot.

Ravnos posted on Dec 5 2005 at 10:44 PM said:

HTML sucks. Use PHP!

If you're suggesting using PHP instead of HTML, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. PHP is a scripting language, it provides no real functions for formatting the data it outputs, especially if it's outputting to someone's browser.
Yes, but PHP must use html inside it to display anything besides unformatted text. so it was implied. Im just saying that php is a better backbone for your website then html.

PSyMastR posted on Dec 6 2005 at 01:01 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Dec 5 2005 at 10:44 PM said:

HTML sucks. Use PHP!

Yes, but PHP must use html inside it to display anything besides unformatted text. so it was implied. Im just saying that php is a better backbone for your website then html.

First of all, that's not what you said. Second, PHP is only a better backbone for a website if you need the functionality it provides, which makes your whole point redundant because then static HTML won't even be on the options list anyway. Your whole statement reeks of a 1337 teenage cock-size comparison. "Pfft, HTML. You should use PHP, like me. Me > You"

not really. i never said me>you. I never tried to imply it. my original message didn't come out too clear. It was "i cant make that i only know php" then i wanted to have my message like, use php that will get you into programming languages, but it went all wrong from there.

PHP is a better backbone purely for the power of PHP includes (why they still teach the use of frames in unis over this I don't know). Although the CSS zeolots hate to admit it, using a php based template for a site can also mean you don't have to bother with CSS.

I'm getting a Gp2x for xmas so I dont know when it'll come but I'm just lookin up on develpment right now, and its kickin ass! Plenty of guides on how to get stuff on the system and emulators updatin almost everyday. The PSX emulator I'm lookin foward to in particular, I never got an original GP32 cz it was hasty on details about psx emulators or didnt work at a full frame rate, but this baby is shapin up!

I'm also hopin they can get some decent quality n64 emulators out, but even if they don't OLD SCHOOL ROX!

abigsmurf posted on Dec 6 2005 at 05:03 PM said:
PHP is a better backbone purely for the power of PHP includes (why they still teach the use of frames in unis over this I don't know). Although the CSS zeolots hate to admit it, using a php based template for a site can also mean you don't have to bother with CSS.
PHP and CSS are not even close to being comparable. That being said, PHP includes can get a lot of positioningframing work done easily alongside CSS.

when coupled with a database driven site (or possibly some tag stripping code), everything you can do in CSS you can do using PHP.

That said, I hate CSS, it kinda sums up the W3's approach to web coding where they think you should have to learn three different languages to get a proper website done (html, scripting language, CSS) and are constantly depreciating tags that are widely used.

It's beoming next to impossible to align simple table based layouts now due to the W3 messing around with align tags (because of the various levels of backwards compatibility and conformity with the W3 between browsers, it takes a fair bit of work to get them working)

csss is easy, accesable, and the best you can have for a layout.
when you render my page without css all you get is nice human readable black on white plaintext and the menu under it, with css you get a nice looking page.

Pssh. CSS isn't a language. You can learn the basics in an afternoon and completely master it in a month of casual use. It's part of the phylosophy that content and style should be seperate, which makes alot of sense. If your site isn't database driven and you want to change your site's style, which do you want to do - change every single page, or change one stylesheet? And if it is database driven, it's often completely impossible to change a table layout without changing the engine itself.

PHP is great if you need to generate dynamic pages. 'nuff said.

And of course, in any case you need to use some form of HTML.

Everything has its use... duh. Anyway, this is ridiculously offtopic.

THIS EMULATOR IS SO AWESOME.

And here I was thinking this was the gp2x psx emulator thread :rolleyes:

results for the below games are the same in either emu mode

gradius gaiden now corrupts on the weapons select screen and cannot go ingame anymore, although it ran upto this point a little quicker than it did before.

need for speed runs at the same rate as before and crashes just before you get ingame.

silhouette mirage runs through the FMV at a slowish rate 2-3 fps but that is better than last release, although just before it goes ingame it crashes.

Still, great to see quick updates on this emu. Thanks Zodttd!

EDIT: just noticed i'm in the old thread :unsure: - will repost on new one

dennis20014 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 02:09 AM said:
I'm getting a Gp2x for xmas so I dont know when it'll come but I'm just lookin up on develpment right now, and its kickin ass! Plenty of guides on how to get stuff on the system and emulators updatin almost everyday. The PSX emulator I'm lookin foward to in particular, I never got an original GP32 cz it was hasty on details about psx emulators or didnt work at a full frame rate, but this baby is shapin up!

I'm also hopin they can get some decent quality n64 emulators out, but even if they don't OLD SCHOOL ROX!
I suggest you do some more reading. ;)

dennis20014 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 01:09 AM said:

N64-->Old School? :blink:

I'm getting waaaay too old.......

I bet Vib-ribbon works full speed

Back