Gp2x Value Pack Launched!

shinneri posted on Dec 18 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
Shouldn't this 'video tutorial' be provided to all customers..?

I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
xenonflash posted on Dec 18 2006 at 08:01 PM said:
Anyone here won't need it. :)
linoleum13 posted on Dec 18 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
By now I would guess that a video tutorial would not be very useful for most people that already have the unit. Especially if you are already posting here.
You guys have to be joking.......... Do you not see all the threads filled with basic GP2X questions?

Other than seeing a "classroom" using the gp2x for educational purposes, did anyone find it weird that the vocab example they use on that webpage is "I regret that your mother died and left you alone."???

icurafu posted on Dec 19 2006 at 10:04 AM said:
Oh yeah.

This is the GP2X that is sold to Koreans bundeled with tofel software (English certification).

Check it out...

http://www.gp2x.co.kr/shop/shop_view.asp?p...&indexNo=18

There is a movie as well.

So the market is...

Koreans = Education

Others = Games

I wonder if Vector is the freeware version or the commerical version. The picture looks commerical.

dodgyville posted on Dec 19 2006 at 01:29 AM said:
Other than seeing a "classroom" using the gp2x for educational purposes, did anyone find it weird that the vocab example they use on that webpage is "I regret that your mother died and left you alone."???
HAHAHAHA.
:lol:

chris_r posted on Dec 18 2006 at 05:51 PM said:
This "brand new user interface" is what interests me most. What will it be like? And will the rest of us get it in the next firmware upgrade? Or have they just slapped gmenu2x over the top?

This was exactly my thoughts. I noticed that if you now go to the gp2x homepage and scroll down you can see this new interface! I look to me like more than a skin because it looks like when you choose something the icon gets bigger and the text below it appears! I think that's more than just a simple skin change can do? I would like to have the new interface for one because the default color scheme looks better than the one that burns my retinas that came with my gp2x. I'm still on firmware 2.0.0 with the Aurora skin so this new interface looks right up my alley!

Hopefully they will make this new interface part of the next firmware release for the rest of us!

A shame they would neither include a SD card nor a TV out cable in their value pack, these would have been so much more useful than a CD full of software which (most likely) I can download myself via the '2X file archive.

Just like any electronic entertainment device this one is aging fast, it takes some more than a fancy box and a disc to attract new customers, me thinks. I'm still glad we finally get to hear some news from the usually rather absent Gamepark Holdings :)

"SunSpire"

SunSpire posted on Dec 19 2006 at 01:57 AM said:
A shame they would neither include a SD card nor a TV out cable in their value pack, these would have been so much more useful than a CD full of software which (most likely) I can download myself via the '2X file archive.

Just like any electronic entertainment device this one is aging fast, it takes some more than a fancy box and a disc to attract new customers, me thinks. I'm still glad we finally get to hear some news from the usually rather absent Gamepark Holdings :)

"SunSpire"

Aging fast? It was never meant to be a mainstream PSP or DS killer.

It is fine for what it's main use is which is emus and HB. Even commercial stuff can still be good. Look at what Payback and Vecktar do with the hardware, while not a PSP it seems fine to me. The problem is not hardware except maybe for that damn stick, I think that has been the bane of this system. I think that stick has caused more developers to become disinterested and abandon projects more than anything. It is GPH's unwaivering stubbornness about this that is the concern. Just put in a fucking d-pad already, Christ. There is still alot that can be milked out of it otherwise. It has seemed that development has stalled in the HB/emu area but that is because devs have all seemed to have gotten too busy.

At least GPH is trying something with the shoestring budget they have.

Will this firmware be available for download, or will it only come with the value pack GP2Xs?

dsd28 posted on Dec 19 2006 at 03:05 AM said:
Will this firmware be available for download, or will it only come with the value pack GP2Xs?

Looks ok but seriously it just looks like the old interface with a different skin.

You would be better off just using Gmenu2X, it is MUCH more functional.

DaveC posted on Dec 18 2006 at 10:09 PM said:
dsd28 posted on Dec 19 2006 at 03:05 AM said:

Looks ok but seriously it just looks like the old interface with a different skin.

You would be better off just using Gmenu2X, it is MUCH more functional.

Yeah, I still have the default firmware 2.0.0 menu. I've been meaning to try out Gmenu2X.

Hmm, i actually like the new interface's look, aqua rip of or not (idrc, it isnt like the aqua look is ugly or anything) adn im glad to see them atleast giving the 2x a bit more out of the box, (say is the vektar with ti the commercial or freeware version?) i dont get why all of you are just bashing it tho, i mean it isnt like your forced to buy it or use the new interface if you dont like it (hence the beauty of open source) its just a nice update on things imo even tho most of the games are free.... either way, great job GPH! (and keep the joystick! mame with a d-pad would be annoying!)

Goemon4 posted on Dec 19 2006 at 03:21 AM said:
Hmm, i actually like the new interface's look, aqua rip of or not (idrc, it isnt like the aqua look is ugly or anything) adn im glad to see them atleast giving the 2x a bit more out of the box, (say is the vektar with ti the commercial or freeware version?) i dont get why all of you are just bashing it tho, i mean it isnt like your forced to buy it or use the new interface if you dont like it (hence the beauty of open source) its just a nice update on things imo even tho most of the games are free.... either way, great job GPH! (and keep the joystick! mame with a d-pad would be annoying!)

I agree with most of this but keep the crappy stick? ARE YOU CRAZY!!

That stick is probly the biggest reason so many projects have been abandoned and devs have left for other things like DS, PSP etc.

Get rid of that shitty stick!

DaveC posted on Dec 18 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
Goemon4 posted on Dec 19 2006 at 03:21 AM said:

I agree with most of this but keep the crappy stick? ARE YOU CRAZY!!

That stick is probly the biggest reason so many projects have been abandoned and devs have left for other things like DS, PSP etc.

Get rid of that shitty stick!
Aw Dave, come on, don't let this turn into a flame war like that silly screen debate.

Yono posted on Dec 19 2006 at 03:31 AM said:
Aw Dave, come on, don't let this turn into a flame war like that silly screen debate.

Nah, it won't be much of a flame war as most everyone agrees with me on this one. Don't make me do a poll on it ;)

Back