Gp32 Blu Problems

strouty

Still Fresh
I have a new BLU GP32 and can't get the GPmanager to see the unit. It either gives an error or times out. Are there any other options? I have a 16 meg SMC and I used to have a standard GP32 but the BLU is totally different. I have read it plays homebrews out of the box, but I do not know what folders to install on the SMC. I tried using my old card configuration, then I tried formatting it with a reader. My GP32 keeps saying that "SMC is not inserted or no game exists, Press B to cancel." I am assuming it needs to be formated and setup correctly. I can't figure it out and the FAQ has one line about the BLU. Please help! Thanks in advance to anyone willing.

When you switch your GP32 on, What appears on the screen ?.

This ?,
Blumenu.jpg

This ?,
Koreanmenu.jpg

Or this ?,
SlubmanFirmware.gif

Or maybe something else ?.

Trooper

This one appears
Blumenu.jpg

I understand this is the european firmware, my older GP32s both had the second normal firmware. I saw firmware upgrades, but I don't know which one to use. How do I tell if I have the BLU+ or reg BLU? I don't want to brick it.

Thanks

Do you have an SMC card reader ?.

Create a folder structure like in the picture below.

GP32-Dir-Struct.jpg

Then put all your programs with their accompanying folder/s into the GPMM folder. Remove the SMC from the card reader (Properly).

Insert the SMC into your GP32, Switch the GP32 on, Then select the Play option from the menu, All the programs (only programs) you copied to the GPMM folder should appear in the list after selecting Play. Select one of them and see how you go.

Trooper

Trooper

This is what I have done:

1) Completely copied older GP32 SMC card info with correct file stucture

2) I then took out some of the extras and tried a simple connect four type game

3) I formated the card on my reader and tried again

4) I can't get the GP#@ to connect to GPmanager so I can't do a formatting of the SMC

You stated remove the SMC "properly" how would you say to do that? I have a sandisk 16 in 1 reader.

Can my machine format a card without being linked?

I have another SMC card coming, but it won't be here for a week or so. I can get another used one form the local camera shop, but I really don't have the extra money. I tried taking everything out of the other folders, all I have is games or FXE files in the GPMM folder, then I have two folders for my ROMS, on for NES and the other for Atari. It still says no SMC card. When I put my SMC card in before it gives me the message that I have no SMC, it says reading GP32 data. If I have no SMC card, it goes directly to the error message. I don't know if that is any help. On top of all this I just noticed a dead pixel! So much for new!

You are the MAN! Everything works now. I new it was the formatting! Just out of curiousity, do you have a GP2X? Do the emulators for NES work as well as littlejohn does on the GP32 or should I unload it and just keep my GP32?

Thanks for all the help!

Great!!!, Glad you got it sorted.
Yes i do have a GP2x (My second one), I also have 3 GP32's, 2 BLU's (Non +'s) and a NLU. To tell you the truth, I use my GP32 mainly for Nes, SMS, Megadrive and PcEngine and i use it more the i will ever use my GP2x. The hardware of the GP32 is much better built than the GP2x, Especially the joystick. Personally i would stay with the GP32, Unless you want to play games/emulators that are not available on the GP32.

If you do plan to upgrade from your GP32 at some point, I would take a look at the link below.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38155&hl=

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Last question, how do I tell if it is a BLU+ or reg BLU?

Thanks again for the help

Back