Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

That's unbelievable. Were the Diablo compo's rules and time limit the same? I worked long and hard on this project and it seems like the rules are subject to change at any minute. Please take my entry out of the list.

This should have been called the Willy Nilly Whimsical Angst contest.

Well, I'm glad I didn't bother to write anything to enter. I would be royally pissed off if the other guys got a 2 year head-start when I only had 30 days :(

Well, there's no objection from me personally, not if the time span between the beginning of that contest and the receipt of the entries into said contest that are getting included is not greater than the time span people had here. We should try to give Iorgy77 the benefit of the doubt here, I am sure he wasn't intending to include entries that were allowed 2 years to be polished :)

Considering the significant differences in the competition rules, I do not believe that combining the two competitions is acceptable. It certainly will not cause me to withdraw my entry, but I am not happy about it.

I honestly dont see the difference as I always said if you had some unreleased software laying around you could polish it up and enter it into the competition. So people have entered things that took well over the 40 or so days of the competition span. But I can see many of you are upset by this so I will speak to Diabol about how we can go forward from here. I am still working on the archives getting them to a state where they can be released to the judges and public in between Greek easter commitments. xteraco, lets leave yours in until we know what the deal is shall we? and if we do allow these 3 new gp32 entries you can withdraw it from the compo.

Iorgy77 said:
I honestly dont see the difference as I always said if you had some unreleased software laying around you could polish it up and enter it into the competition. So people have entered things that took well over the 40 or so days of the competition span. But I can see many of you are upset by this so I will speak to Diabol about how we can go forward from here. I am still working on the archives getting them to a state where they can be released to the judges and public in between Greek easter commitments. xteraco, lets leave yours in until we know what the deal is shall we? and if we do allow these 3 new gp32 entries you can withdraw it from the compo.

I was not part of the competition, however I feel in this situation if those from the other competition wanted to release their entry into THIS competition that was up to them. However they didn't, and I think people feel a little jipped that without doing anything or submitting anything their stuff is automatically submitted. Especially since this is only being brought up after the whole thing already took place. If they won it would feel a bit strange. Suprise! you won the competition you didn't enter. :p

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
The people have spoken!

Nobody likes the idea so its scrapped, The Wub doesn't get any chocolate now. :(

pacc winners should spend some price money on the chocolate :D

Iorgy77: You have screenshots for my entry in the page 6 of this post and in the "screenshots" folder of my entry file.

Screenshots for all the entries except one that I cant run are done. All the entries are online on a friends web space both in public consumption form and in judges packs with blank scorecards.

As it stands at the moment I don't have anyone to make a releases webpage. I tried to make my own webpage using KompOzer but I suck at internets and it doesnt work. So if anyone can help get on #gp2x on efnet or #dingoonity on freenode.

edit: Krappy KompOzer webpage is online:

http://pacc2010.xiik.net/main.html

Spread the word, not the disk.

Iorgy77 said:
Screenshots for all the entries except one that I cant run are done. All the entries are online on a friends web space both in public consumption form and in judges packs with blank scorecards.

As it stands at the moment I don't have anyone to make a releases webpage. I tried to make my own webpage using KompOzer but I suck at internets and it doesnt work. So if anyone can help get on #gp2x on efnet or #dingoonity on freenode.

edit: Krappy KompOzer webpage is online:

http://pacc2010.xiik.net/main.html

Spread the word, not the disk.

Nice =D
Already spreading!

Please note that my game have a Windows Executable included on zip, so the link name should be modified to "Dingux And Windows"
thanks

the best in these competitions are the excellent stuffs we get every time :)

Iorgy77: would you add link to the sources to my entry? so it can be compiled to any platform (tested on Linux, OSX and Haiku, should also work on windows); you can also find better quality screenshots there: http://code.google.com/p/cooldown-game/

Should we discuss the entries in this topic?

just asking because i have problems with running Audiorace, the screen is 90deg rotated, therefore unplayable :( maybe it depends on FW or SDL version, dunno, but i'd love to try it...

glezmen said:
Should we discuss the entries in this topic?

just asking because i have problems with running Audiorace, the screen is 90deg rotated, therefore unplayable :( maybe it depends on FW or SDL version, dunno, but i'd love to try it...
oh boring it is :(

i developed it using fw 1.1.0 - that's the only reason i can think of that the FW is different (only using SDL for sound,rest is coded by myself). what firmware are u using? (1.0.0?). the rotation comes from initializing the display *correctly* that no tearing occurs and then i rotate the whole drawing stuff ... :s

Back