Gp32 In Game Informer

geo12

Retrofuturist
Website
Visit site
I was just reading throught the new issue of Game Informer for july, and on page 134 there is a picture of the GP32. The caption reads: "The obsure Gamepark GP32 handheld never even saw release in the U.S."

In the article it basically said that it was a poor attempt to compete with the GBA <_<

I was just reading throught the new issue of Game Informer for july, and on page 134 there is a picture of the GP32. The caption reads: "The obsure Gamepark GP32 handheld never even saw release in the U.S."

In the article it basically said that it was a poor attempt to compete with the GBA <_<
I think they mean for teh American consumer because most of us are too lazy to work the gp32

or they mean from commercial standpoint

they just don't feel like mentioning it's full power and the emulation

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the gp32_console 's cult status ... though it does get tiresome trying to explain "what kinda gameboy is THAT?" to the uninformed.

As a friend of mine once put it...

"The GP32 is sort of the punk rock of handhelds. We like to keep it that way."

I couldn't have said it better myself :lol:
yeah ppl always ask me is that a DS and I repond with "Does it have two screens...."

or the ask me if it's a PSP, GBA, a new Game Boy, or some other retarted thing

and if they ask why it's so special I tell tehm what my firend said:
"It's like a Game Boy on steroids"

yeah they also had it in game informer about two years ago....in fact thats how i initialy found out about it and in that article they did it more justice.

Though you guys like to keep the GP32 low-key, a more positive article wouldn't have blown the lid open. It would just generate a few more sales like yupster there. Unless Microsoft pick this thing up and start to pimp it real hard, the GP32 will always be the punk rock of handhelds.

The GP32 in short?

Easy. The system with one of the best homebrew communities in the world.

And if anyone says a GBA is much better, just ask them if they can talk to the devs and make wishes / suggestions for games / programs :)

The GBA is "mainstream" with lots of Commercial games VS. the GP32 maybe has 20 commercial games if even that and the "mainstream" does not know of homebrew and emulation, it's just ignorance....

As ED said:
Theres no other sytem in the world really, that you can ask a dev if they can try somthing, and they often do it, and often suceed, FOR FREE!!

Basiclly we all know we are just a bunch of super duper cool (bit nerdy) guys! (and girls)

I don't know why it's so cool to hate the mainstream.

Frankly I think it would be pretty good if the GP32 became significantly more popular.

It won't though now. The PSP has pretty much made sure of that. Even if the GP32 was launched world wide it would fail against the PSP which is getting HB now too. Emus/ports that take years to be updated on the GP32 take hours for new versions to come out on the PSP. That is the benefit of a large community. I thought GP should have released the GP32 even in the US as a DIY HB platform and even bundle it with an SDK, Fenix, Zot etc and sell it in computer stores like Comp-USA etc. Market it to the h4xxor types as a portable Dev platform (can't sell it for emulation).

Back