Gp32 Mascot Part 2

Lets get this stright you want the gayest picture on this message board to be the GP32's logo?

Are you on crack? Do you want the GP32 to be the laughing stock of the internet?

People get beaten up for pictures like that.

The best picture posted is the one with the people climbing out of the GP32.

However why on earth do you want a mascot anyway? Where are you going to put it?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Feb 22 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
Lets get this stright you want the gayest picture on this message board to be the GP32's logo?

It's a little ironic to call the pic 'gay' when you can't even spell 'straight'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rik posted on Feb 22 2005 at 05:29 PM said:
craigix posted on Feb 22 2005 at 05:15 PM said:

It's a little ironic to call the pic 'gay' when you can't even spell 'straight'.

Maybe it was just a typo? Is this a spelling bee or something? ;)

Reesy posted on Feb 22 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
do you even know what "ironic" means?

I can appreciate he's sponsering your emulator, but it doesn't excuse his rudeness.

And yes I know what ironic means, perhaps you can't grasp the incongruity between calling things gay and failing to type down a word that means the opposite. *shrug* It was just a humourous observation, perhaps I should have killed six million jews, that'd be more amusing.

Rik posted on Feb 22 2005 at 06:50 PM said:
*shrug* It was just a humourous observation

"humourous" :eek: man you must be a riot at parties

Reesy posted on Feb 22 2005 at 07:06 PM said:
Rik posted on Feb 22 2005 at 06:50 PM said:
*shrug*  It was just a humourous observation

"humourous" :eek: man you must be a riot at parties

Ooh get you~ Detective alanis morissette has some sort of social life. I do so quiver with envy.

(reading Craig's post in semi-disbelief)

Wow, just........wow.

/not touching this thread with a 10 foot ethernet cord.

Get over the fascist thing. It's done, move on. It won't die if you keep dwelling on it.

I still vote for Tanda.

Edit: After cooling down a bit I just toned my message way down.

Edit2: If Tanda did become the unofficial GP32 mascot, would the Tanda Team get upset if a bunch of games featuring Tanda started to appear?

shattenjäger posted on Feb 20 2005 at 04:10 PM said:
Yeh I would personally like to make a public apology. What I have done is really quite distasteful an I'm sorry if I've offended any1. I've no excuse tho I've jst taken it kinda 2 far. On a lighter note, Rik gets my vote so far. A comp wud b interestin tho jst 2 c what ppl come up with otherwise im sure we'd have a winner.

P.s. Your right about the empire bit I just morphed the translation slightly (welsh habit because it's difficult to translate directly). If I'm not mistaken, I think people can b a collective noun as well as a singular or count noun. (AS English Language is kinda confusin me, lol)

Sorry again guys, (i didnt mean 4 any offense 2 b taken)

.Ant. (sChattenjager)

Uh oh quick, hide from finty, he dosnt like txt spk. he he. :p

p.s. dont kill me finty, i kid :) :ph34r:

trooper posted on Feb 22 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
This is getting rediculous, A jokes a joke, But this is now happening in too many threads. <_<

Trooper
Thank you!

TBH, I think craigix's comment was quite harsh, unnecessary bashing IMO. However he has some point in "why have a mascot at all?". Rik's picture is beatiful and could be considered as art (He has a lot of skills). However, that "mascot" would make the GP32 look very "soft" (not using the word gay here!), giving it a totaly wrong image in the public. A Mascot should represent the features of a console/computer/handheld, and this cartoon girl doesn't represent it at all.

Horscht posted on Feb 22 2005 at 10:24 PM said:
TBH, I think craigix's comment was quite harsh, unnecessary bashing IMO. However he has some point in "why have a mascot at all?". Rik's picture is beatiful and could be considered as art (He has a lot of skills). However, that "mascot" would make the GP32 look very "soft" (not using the word gay here!), giving it a totaly wrong image in the public. A Mascot should represent the features of a console/computer/handheld, and this cartoon girl doesn't represent it at all.
Should we have a man covered in cool facts?
"133Mhz+" "full speed emulation for many systems!!!"
Have you read the GP32 comics?

So all Nintendo stuff is dumb because they have a clumsy looking plumber as mascot?

And that drawn Tanda isn't looking "soft" at all... I also like Tanda.

Though I don't think it's really possible to "vote" for a mascot here...
It would only work if you really had a high quality game with a unique character and would promote the system with it.

BTW: The only I know systems that have mascots are Nintendo systems (though they have more than one mascot - Mario, Link, Samus, Yoshi, etc.) and Sega (which also have more - Sonic, Wonderboy and Alex Kidd).

I don't really think they created any character as mascot - they only became mascots because those were really good games with cool characters.
And so they used it to sell their next system, etc.

EvilDragon posted on Feb 22 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
So all Nintendo stuff is dumb because they have a clumsy looking plumber as mascot?

And that drawn Tanda isn't looking "soft" at all... I also like Tanda.

Though I don't think it's really possible to "vote" for a mascot here...
It would only work if you really had a high quality game with a unique character and would promote the system with it.

BTW: The only I know systems that have mascots are Nintendo systems (though they have more than one mascot - Mario, Link, Samus, Yoshi, etc.) and Sega (which also have more - Sonic, Wonderboy and Alex Kidd).

I don't really think they created any character as mascot - they only became mascots because those were really good games with cool characters.
And so they used it to sell their next system, etc.

Ahh, finally. The true origins of console mascots revealed. People, give it a rest, and maybe GP32 will create its own mascots in time. Even tho I did particularly like the pic w/ ppl climbing out of the GP32.... that was pretty cool.... and so was "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein GP32!" German just sounds so cool.... But yeah, just give it time. These are all really good suggestions, but why be so hasty? Why not, instead of suggesting mascots, maybe put what your personal favorite GP32-specific game is, and what games you've gotten others convinced with. Then maybe in a few months, count up the most mentioned game, and make it's charachter the mascot.

so what's bugging reesy then? did Rik steal his girlfriend or something? :blink:

OK, so maybe the GP32 doesn't need a mascot.

But I still think it wouldb e cool to see that picture with all the people climbing out of the Gp32 used in conjuction with it more.

Not really a mascot but sort of a picture version of a 'catchphrase'.

Drag posted on Feb 19 2005 at 05:07 PM said:
I like Tanda! ^_^

Tanda should DEFINATELY be the mascot! :) He already has his own run and jump game which looks commercial quality, and he's a panda. Unless it's a she, I dunno, I can't tell. :p

The anime drawing is ok, but it doesn't seem very mascotty, more like a "I like the GP32 so I drew this pic". :p It's still a good drawing though.

Thanks! :)
Tanda is a he, and he is about 1 and a half years old: I created him at the end of 2003.

Drag posted on Yesterday at 09:11 PM said:

Edit2: If Tanda did become the unofficial GP32 mascot, would the Tanda Team get upset if a bunch of games featuring Tanda started to appear?

Yeah! Tanda Kart! Tanda Fantasy! Tanda Fighter! Tanda Blade! Tanda Gunner! Tanda Cops! Neverwinter Tanda! World of Tanda! Tanda Mahjong! Tanda Pinball! Tanda Tennis! Tanda Golf! Sim Tanda! Double Tanda! Age of Tanda! Viper T.A.N.D.A.! Tanda Tetris! Tanda Maker! Tandagotchi! Tanda Bros! Paper Tanda! Smash Tanda! Alien Tanda! Tanda Slug! Tanda Manager! International Superstar Tanda! Tanda VR Missions! Tanda Maniacs! Bust a Tanda! Tanda Tanda Revolution! Super Bubble Tanda! Tanda Payne! StarTanda! Tanda Tournament! HydroTanda! Tanda's Quest! Fatal Tanda! Quiz Tanda! Tanda Logic! Tanda Qix! Tanda Pachinko!

That would be cool! :lol:

But first of all, please wait for "Tanda in Bamboo Madness" :)

Back