Gp32:zine #4

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
We're back - Official Site - How it Started

EDIT - STATUS:

Content completely drawn up. All staff informed. Article-writing and interviews underway.

Applied (editor): Rico, Shaking Spirit, TJFBryant, Joe Haddad, Blaine0002, Herb12
Applied (writer): yaustar, Enslaved, don, meonlyeviler, synkro, WuSCHeL
Applied (other): zamuel (proof), rcx (proof, coder), , Cheeez (proofread, interviews)
Who knows: ranama
Staff from the previous issues who need to confirm that they're still on for #4: Axeman, Bobsonsirjonny

We have no artists. This isn't a big problem at the moment, but it might be soon.

All those of you who have e-mailed me will be sent back details as soon as I get the materials from Zimba.

Stuff to post on this thread:
  • What format? HTML or PDF (yes, we can do HTML this time)? GP32 version? If so, how? We'd need coders for that
  • Want to be interviewed? Want someone else to be interviewed? Got a game you want reviewed? Got any suggestions at all? Post 'em.
  • Want to help us out with reviews, interviews, news, proofreading or art? Apply here.
  • On the 'Looking for' list? Just post to let us you know if you want to help, or can't for any reason.
  • On the 'In' list? Post what you can do and what positions you're interested in.
For example: I can do page design and articles, but not art. I'd like to be Co-ordinator and an Editor. (I think we'll have about 3 editors.)

Last but not least, go to #gp32zine on EFnet. If nobody is there, idle. We need a central point for magazine communications. If you've got MSNs, please send them to me as well.

#4 IN 2004 BABY! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Im going to be a reviewer of commercial(only from JoyGP) and homebrew games, I could also do top 10 articles. Rico, im PMing you my msn name. You mean #4,5,6,etc.. in 2004 :D ? What irc client should i get? Mirc? Oh, I cant do page layout or anything like that so I would write an Article/Review and pick a couple pictures for the page and someone else could insert it in the PDF.

A gp32 version would be cool, but pdf should suffice being quick and easy to produce

Easiest way is to pop over to http://www.mirc.co.uk/ and grab mIRC. If you're using Mozilla, Chatzilla is also good (bottom of your window, look for the cZ icon). In linux, I recommend X-Chat from http://www.x-chat.org/

Add it to your auto-joins people, I will making some decisions soon :) Just waiting on zimba for the materials (he hasn't been online recently) and others to sign up... thanks for your support guys.

I vote for a pdf version :)
What to talk about, what you want, i'd like the three first ones, so i think the forth will be as good as others :)

I ll take care of some of the reviews also...
Intensive Coverage over a small area of games... Indepth coverage "so to speak"
Neo Geo Emu games, snes emu...commercial games..etc...lets get those details..
:)

I ll do some editing here and there also... I have the experience..so why not put it to good use

Rico said to post here to apply for editor.
So that's what i'm doing ;)

Why are you reading on? You think im going to say something else? A witty comment perhaps? A joke? Common! This is just an application to join the team! It doesn't concern you! Stop reading! STOP READING!!! I'm warning you! If you don't stop reading right now.....

Thank you. ARH! You're at it again! :angry:

The Mole posted on Feb 28 2004 at 10:38 PM said:
Rico is is possible to interview the guy who is porting Advance Wars please.
I've already sugested that :) People seam to think it would be a good idea.
(It's Aquafish BTW)

How about a rlyeh interview? We haven't heard from him in awhile. Could you also try contacting black and see what's going on with gpengine?

Azure posted on Feb 28 2004 at 09:44 PM said:
How about a rlyeh interview? We haven't heard from him in awhile. Could you also try contacting black and see what's going on with gpengine?
i second that

i could design page layouts in photoshop, all you would need to do is tell me what you want on each page and i could design accordingly.

I think you should compare all of the different firmwares that are out right now; you know, features, reported problems... possible upgrades... etc. :ph34r:

EDIT: Oh wait, you did that in Issue 3. Perhaps a small update then... some new stuff has already come out...

I'm here. I'll gladly proofread. [rubs hands in greedy glee] I'd say do an interview on the GP32 port of the fighter maker KOF91. I'll need to go back and reread the previous issues. I don't own a GP32 quite yet but plan to. I never chat but I check my email often so you should be able to get in contact with me and I can chase people down.

I'll proofread, too :) It's just yummy to find other ppl's mistakes :p And I think you should do HTML... I have a slow computer, and PDFs take forever to render on it :( So you should do HTML for me!!! :p

And I could help code if you want to do a GP32 version.

P.S. I'll do commercial games reviews, but I'd need someone to buy them for me :D

i'm quite happy with the .PDF format

and you should do an interview with jeff minter

and a round up of all the stuff being worked on at the moment (there seems to be loads) :)

Back