gp32x.com gone?

Amethyst

Does anyone know what has happened to gp32x.de. It's been down about five days now. I hope it hasn't quietly slipped away in the night. That place, even though quiet these days is a gold mine of information for GPH consoles and early Pandora stuff, and I often find myself reading through old threads on there. I remember a few years back some issue with the domain name and ED struggling to contact Hando, but I think it got resolved as the domain name remained. Just wandering if ED or any of the staff from there who are members here know what has happened to it?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple whois check says the domain expired. Hando probably gave up on it.

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247_jpg_itok_ASx_DDx.jpg

I thought ED took it over lock, stock & barrel?

I've been trying to visit it too, as I have done daily for years. :(

and the ZeldaClassic Version 2.5 PND is gone for now. :unsure:

Have anyone a Copy then can i mirror this PND from gp32.com ^_^

So much important Informations gone :unsure:

Edit: Thanks Godness i have this PND and will Mirror it this Evening.

Edit Edit: Double Luck,the Pnd was on an external Link which is online,so no Mirror needed.

is the server tied to this domain name? or was it hosted somewhere else where we can be sure to still have its content?

The hosting is on my server, so nothing is lost. I can simply give it a new domain name and it'll work again.

Question is: when can I grab an expired domain name?

Question is: when can I grab an expired domain name?
It depends on the registrant, how long of a grace period they give. Could be a couple weeks, could be a couple months.If it's not renewed then it goes to public auction where people bid to buy it. I have no idea how you find out about that. Only after it's gone through auction does it get returned to the registry and you can just buy it normal like again.

Oh, that site was even existing? Didn't visited there for years, thought it was gone. Did I missed something? ^^"
Entertaining troll that claimed we all got scammed and didn't realize the forum moved.

I was just looking at my stack of GP2X's thinking .. "I wonder what I should do with them" and now I'm looking at the old site again ..

Back