Gp32x Site...

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Hey, I understand how difficult maintaining and updating a website can be, however, it appears that GP32x is in need of a major update. It doesn't have the "new" releases listed on the side, which makes for much greater difficulty actually finding this software.

I don't mean to complain, but I think that it would be in the best interest of the entire GP32 community if the software lists were kept up to date.

shinneri posted on Sep 26 2004 at 07:58 AM said:
Hey, I understand how difficult maintaining and updating a website can be, however, it appears that GP32x is in need of a major update. It doesn't have the "new" releases listed on the side, which makes for much greater difficulty actually finding this software.

I don't mean to complain, but I think that it would be in the best interest of the entire GP32 community if the software lists were kept up to date.
andi f they'd update the download section, and actually put the games in the categorys they belong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The downloads section of gp32x is no longer being updated regularly due to everything being available elsewhere and the strain it put on Hando's bandwidth.

Well, it shouldn't be a problem - every newspost I do usually has the new download included.
They're hosted on my own server, so it shouldn't be a problem with Hando's bandwidth.
And I never delete anything - there are all new files since the last 2-3 months...

generalnmx posted on Sep 26 2004 at 05:11 AM said:
He knows.

There are many different ways to help out the GP32 community and GP32x. If you wish to improve GP32x, why not try using your own power?

I would like to help out.. not sure how, though.

maybe the downloads section should be changed to a 'software' section, with links instead of direct from the gp32x servers... then the section is useful again without the bandwidth strain :)

toxibunny posted on Sep 26 2004 at 09:19 PM said:
maybe the downloads section should be changed to a 'software' section, with links instead of direct from the gp32x servers... then the section is useful again without the bandwidth strain :)

You did read my above post, right?
All new GP32 files are on my own server (www.gp32x.de) with unlimited bandwidth.
They just aren't connected to the downloads section - only my newsposts link to them.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Sep 27 2004 at 05:14 AM said:
maybe the downloads section should be changed to a 'software' section, with links instead of direct from the gp32x servers...  then the section is useful again without the bandwidth strain :)

All new GP32 files are on my own server (www.gp32x.de) with unlimited bandwidth.
They just aren't connected to the downloads section - only my newsposts link to them.

oh! cheers. added to favorites :)

toxibunny posted on Sep 27 2004 at 03:32 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Sep 27 2004 at 05:14 AM said:
maybe the downloads section should be changed to a 'software' section, with links instead of direct from the gp32x servers...  then the section is useful again without the bandwidth strain :)
oh! cheers. added to favorites :)

Well - there's nothing on www.gp32x.de, it's just file hosting for gp32x.de.

Maybe hando allows me to keep the download section up-to-date, then this server will be of use for all :)

Last edited:
Maybe I'll just setup a GP32 file archive with different categories, screenshots and ratings and hando may link to it (if he likes to).
We'll see - I'll talk this over with him :)

Does pdroms do all kinds of software (as opposed to.. you know ... roms)? I haven't checked...

Either way check ED's server - it's got a bit more than software. Movies, images, etc. It's all-purpose.

Pdroms.com has
Applications
Demos
Emulators
Games
Techdemos
Various

It also has a place for images of the applications, but most don't have any.

I understand that its all purpose but its not necessary, you could use your time more wisely like play with your Gp32. :)

www.gp32z.com

Back