GPD WIN 2

Phawx did mention the flickering was not visible when using it.
The flickering is common to almost all the affordable screen, isn't it ? I only see the flickering when I record with my phone or when I plays a movie on which one I recorded a computer screen.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

If they implement this back-light solution into the final production units, I will pass.
Also if Pyra have flickering screen like this I will definitely cancel my preorder.

Fuck this garbage.

You do know that if you threaten not to support either the Win2 or the Pyra then both projects are doomed, yes? Please, please for the love of all that is good, consider the other pre-orderers!

I didn't notice the flickering, could you give a timestamp?

As soon as the device boots.

You do know that if you threaten not to support either the Win2 or the Pyra then both projects are doomed, yes? Please, please for the love of all that is good, consider the other pre-orderers!

TOP KEK.

>Using Flickering Screen in 2017
>Njoy the migraine and all the eye issues

This screen is complete garbage.
They use PWM for the back light with very aggressive frequency.
You can see the screen flickering on the videos.

If they implement this back-light solution into the final production units, I will pass.
Also if Pyra have flickering screen like this I will definitely cancel my preorder.

Fuck this garbage.

Well, it's not easy to find a proper PWM for that, sadly, we've looked as well.

It only flickers when you lower the brightness a lot though (at least on the Pyra), normal brightness levels don't have any issues, but lowering it to be darker than the darkest Pandora setting will flicker.

EDIT: Ooookay, just watched the video, and the flickering there is REALLY bad when Windows has started.
Chances are this is the shutter of the camera though!

Yep, hard to judge flickering with a camera, shutter, 50hz lights and all...

I think he's american, so his lights would probably be at 60Hz. But mplayer reported to me that video was playing back at 30fps on this hardware, and I saw seven or eight flickering bands across the screen, suggesting the backlight frequency is some moderate multiple of 30. The eye doesn't have a frame rate like that, so there's no chance of setting up a standing wave like that - it's like the old wagon wheels you could see on TV that would sometimes appear to freeze or even go backwards, but you'd never see that in real life.

Good to hear the dpad is good. I'm not convinced that I want a 70degree CPU though, that does sound rather toasty to me, especially for an expensive part like that.

@crazyhorse

About 5 hours battery life when playing Final Fantasy XIII using higher settings. More for lesser games
Also, that is on an early prototype

Last edited:
I think we need to see some serious 3D Games onto the Pyra soon, to compete with that beast here. GPD Win 2 already shows so much even it's not out yet.

Most of the people I know about that want a Pyra want it for things the GPD Win 2 cannot do.

Plus anyone forward thinking. Pyra is modular, GPD Win 2 is not. I will buy a Pyra with the expectation of not needing to buy another entire handheld computer again in a few years. Also I don't Windows.

Back