Gpfce Uncompatible Games ?

Alghazanth

I have recently noticed that my gpfce doesnt run games such as zoids 2 , which says to have high mapper count such as moe than 200. There are also other games which just get stuck on a black screen which you get when you run a rom , says mapper count etc etc. The common point of roms dont work is that they have high mapper count.

How to make gpfce corectly run these games , is it related to a option setting or i need another rom of the same game. I played those games on pc emulators so...

Thanks for any help

Alghazanth said:
I have recently noticed that my gpfce doesnt run games such as zoids 2 , which says to have high mapper count such as moe than 200. There are also other games which just get stuck on a black screen which you get when you run a rom , says mapper count etc etc. The common point of roms dont work is that they have high mapper count.

How to make gpfce corectly run these games , is it related to a option setting or i need another rom of the same game. I played those games on pc emulators so...

Thanks for any help
Zoids 2 should be using MMC1 (iNES mapper 1), which is very common and shouldn't cause GPFCE a problem. I'm not familiar with the emulator, so I have no idea what the mapper error is. It sounds more like a badly formed header/rom to me. Have you tried a different rom file? Look for the ones with [!] in the filename.

Last edited by a moderator:
fishybawb said:
Alghazanth said:

Thanks for any help
Zoids 2 should be using MMC1 (iNES mapper 1), which is very common and shouldn't cause GPFCE a problem. I'm not familiar with the emulator, so I have no idea what the mapper error is. It sounds more like a badly formed header/rom to me. Have you tried a different rom file? Look for the ones with [!] in the filename.

Thanks for the info. I havent tried a different rom yet , but I think mine was with [!]. I"ll check and see again.

In fact the problem seems like my gpfce doesnt run any game with high mapper count. Games which have value of 0 or 1 run ok.

Is there really such a thing that gpfce can not run games which are with high mapper count ?
(don"t have much idea what a >mapper< is in a nes rom , though >_<)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back