Gpsp (gba Emulator) V09-2xb_1 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
notaz took a look at the sourcecode of Exophases / TTDs GameBoy-Advance Emulator and did a small, but big fix: It doesn't crash anymore occasionally.

Download: GPSP V09-2Xb_1

starpause said:
anyone tried sonic battle? seems like a fairly intense mode7 game for gba, all time favorite!
yeah i played a few rounds of sonic battle. works flawlessly!

Cheers for the fix Notaz! It was about time that stupid bug got found... after everyone was clueless about what it was and searching their ass off, lol. Glad it was just such a little one and easy to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
White Demon said:
I never had problems with this crashing anyway.
Thanks Notaz for this for those who did though.

same here had no freezes (exept when bat runs out :),the auto frameskip issues still remain ????

yay legend of zelda minish cap works sweet :D

and of course one of my faves mario pinball land :D

morcar said:
yay legend of zelda minish cap works sweet :D

Slight warning, still crashes at the fatal room:
gpSPcrash.JPG

This fix wont stop crashes that alway occur in the same place. It only stops 'random' crashes, but I don't blame you for trying. :)

sand_man said:
Sword of Mana still crashes :(
When does it crash? If it locks up on the title screen for you, try getting a good dump of the bios. That fixed it for me. ^_^ Haven't played very far, though, so maybe there's other crashes I don't know about.

It crashes just after entering my name.
But I am using a "bad" bios. Maybe I should fix that :)

sand_man said:
It crashes just after entering my name.
But I am using a "bad" bios. Maybe I should fix that :)
haha there you go!

one thing that still majorly annoys me is that mario party does not work. it crashes at certain mini-games, but i am not sure how to describe these in english. The ones that you need to play if you run out of dice-throws and it randomly chooses a minigame for you. maybe it is fixed in this release but I don't think so.

I started with Advance Wars on GP2X (good game! ) but I noticed, that it was unusualy slow. Crappy sound, crappy FPS. I checked the ROM header and it was the correct US rom "AWRE01" so it should be compatible with the rom-config-file. But then I noticed, that there seems to be 2 Versions of the rom and I was right.
I was playing "Advance Wars (U) (V1.1) [!].gba" and this was the wrong revision I think. With "Advance Wars (U) (V1.0) [!].gba" crappy Sound was gone and FPS were much better. The revision 1.1. seems to have the idle_loop on another place (but it has such a loop to when I read the VBA debugger correctly :lol: )
I hope someone will fix the other revisions of this rom somedays so we can even play the EU Version of this game. :)

fusion_power said:
I started with Advance Wars on GP2X (good game! ) but I noticed, that it was unusualy slow. Crappy sound, crappy FPS. I checked the ROM header and it was the correct US rom "AWRE01" so it should be compatible with the rom-config-file. But then I noticed, that there seems to be 2 Versions of the rom and I was right.
I was playing "Advance Wars (U) (V1.1) [!].gba" and this was the wrong revision I think. With "Advance Wars (U) (V1.0) [!].gba" crappy Sound was gone and FPS were much better. The revision 1.1. seems to have the idle_loop on another place (but it has such a loop to when I read the VBA debugger correctly :lol: )
I hope someone will fix the other revisions of this rom somedays so we can even play the EU Version of this game. :)

Better yet would be if the emu didn't have to rely on the ROM header and config file. It seems tricky to make sure the ROM you have matches the ROM on that list. I don't know if that is possible but if it is that would make things alot simpler.

Back