Gpsp (Re)Port

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
From time to time people are asking me to do this, as apparently zx-81's version has sound problems, so after doing recent pandora version update I've compiled this:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/gpSP-caanoo-0.9-2Xb-u8.zip

Compared to zx-81's version, it uses slightly different codebase (that has pandora's changes) and may have other bugs, but sound seems to be ok here, at least to me. Savestates might be incompatible with the other version though.

[This is not ironic] Though I won't take advantage of this anymore, as my caanoo is broken, I'd really like to say thank you notaz.
Maybe one or two years too late, but nonetheless thanks for your efforts. My Caanoo wouldn't have been half as good without you. I really appreciate your work.

Thanks so much notaz! Sound seems fine in every game i've tried so far. Is there any way to apply those nice filters to the Caanoo version? I see they use neon so i'm guessing not.

I don't think its never too late... ,as these consoles are for "retro" they will always be relevent and new updates are always welcome! I have been playing lots of GBA games especially Golden Sun lately and this is a very nice suprise..
Thanks once again Notaz :)

Oh wait... Is there a Wiz version also? If not would it be possible for you to compile one for the Wiz Notaz?

LTStone said:
I don't think its never too late... ,as these consoles are for "retro" they will always be relevent and new updates are always welcome! I have been playing lots of GBA games especially Golden Sun lately and this is a very nice suprise..
Thanks once again Notaz :)

Oh wait... Is there a Wiz version also? If not would it be possible for you to compile one for the Wiz Notaz?
I think this is basically the same as the current Wiz version, that notaz also did. This one fixes the sound problems that plagued the Caanoo version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, ok thanx for the info.

[/quote]
I think this is basically the same as the current Wiz version, that notaz also did. This one fixes the sound problems that plagued the Caanoo version.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot notaz !!

This port with working sound really makes a difference.

I just tested save games from zx-81's version and for me they work as expected.

First off, really really fantastic work making the GBA as playable on Caanoo as the Wiz. I grew up with a game boy and no NES so I have an affinity for handhelds, and playing them *on* a handheld feels more "right" than when I'm playing TV consoles. GBA on Caanoo and Wiz feels better than on the originals due to the different advantages each screen offers. More generally, it feels like notaz is becoming something of a patron saint to the GPH devices.

(And now the request.) Is it possible to add overclocking to the options? Mode 7 causes quite a bit of slowdown/stuttering.

SML said:
First off, really really fantastic work making the GBA as playable on Caanoo as the Wiz. I grew up with a game boy and no NES so I have an affinity for handhelds, and playing them *on* a handheld feels more "right" than when I'm playing TV consoles. GBA on Caanoo and Wiz feels better than on the originals due to the different advantages each screen offers. More generally, it feels like notaz is becoming something of a patron saint to the GPH devices.

(And now the request.) Is it possible to add overclocking to the options? Mode 7 causes quite a bit of slowdown/stuttering.

Clock speed option is already there, its under "Cheats and Miscellaneous Options" menu.

Good job as usual Mr Notaz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm embarrassed that I didn't see the feature before/delighted at the preternatural speed with which my request was granted!

What was the sound issues everyone had with the old version of gpsp? I did not run into any issues with the old one, but with notaz's version if I max out the sound buffer, all games become stuttery.

oooohhh, finally!!! thanks you NOTAZ! i have to build you a monument!! :D you're a great coder!!  :D  :D

Back