Gpx2 Unvailed!!

Very interesting reply at gpx2.com:

Dear customer

Thank you for your constant interest in our product line.
And i'm so glad to hear that you alread preordered gpx2.
Concerning the emulators other developers are making them.

Thank you for your interest in gpx2.
At an early stage we are going to release some games and emalator and then planing to make more.

Thank you.
so they are indeed going to make them themself.
also the 2nd cpu is just a rm9 copro with floating point and can be use for general purpose as stated by gph in the sugestions board.

Ok, isn't that a bit contradicting? They say other developers are going to make them and now your saying they are going to make them themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Jul 29 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
At an early stage we are going to release some games and emalator and then planing to make more.

Thank you.
also the 2nd cpu is just a rm9 copro with floating point and can be use for general purpose as stated by gph in the sugestions board.

Yay! :lol:

In that case I will be getting one ASAP

Angel posted on Jul 29 2005 at 02:46 PM said:
A600 posted on Jul 29 2005 at 03:51 AM said:
Very interesting reply at gpx2.com:

Dear customer

Thank you for your constant interest in our product line.
And i'm so glad to hear that you alread preordered gpx2.
Concerning the emulators other developers are making them.

Vimacs posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:35 PM said:

Thank you.

Ok, isn't that a bit contradicting? They say other developers are going to make them and now your saying they are going to make them themselves?
For me it sounds like they pay someone to do it.

Perhaps by "other developers" they meant different developers than those that made the emulators for the GP32.

to go back to the screen diskussion...

I dont think they use the same screen as the blu/blu+...

This new screen supports 170k colors and the onld one supported only 65k colors....
An the new screen is black when turned off... the gp32 screen is brown :p

The way it is said, it sounds like GP holdings have other developers making emus and games etc which will then be released by Gamepark holdings at an "early stage". Although what an "early stage" is is another question completely.

i still didn't think it was "ok" to publicly announce a system will be able to play emulators. I know emulators are fine, used for "backups", but still, i was thinking that if Nintendo or Sega saw a new portable system openly advertising you can play Nintendo/SNES and Megadrive systems that they would want to shut it down.

Angel posted on Jul 29 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
i still didn't think it was "ok" to publicly announce a system will be able to play emulators. I know emulators are fine, used for "backups", but still, i was thinking that if Nintendo or Sega saw a new portable system openly advertising you can play Nintendo/SNES and Megadrive systems that they would want to shut it down.
great. They would not be able too even in the USA. Just look at the Zodiac.

And this is Korean making that even harder.

Emulators are legal people!!!

i know emulators are legal, and every system that can play emulators didn't start out playing emulators, it just sorta happened and there wasn't much that anybody could do about it, but to openly advertise playing these games, i am just wondering if they "nintendo, sega" could do something to prevent this from happening since they are advertising it before system release. Or maybe Gamepark is so far under the radar that nobody will even notice.

Gamepark is definitely far under the radar.

Also, I doubt Gamepark will advertise being able to play specific SNES etc games. They will just state that a SNES emulator exists which allows the use of many legal things (SNES homebrew etc).

Thats if they are actually making emulators.

i also wonder what the status of Nintendo emulation will be once the Revolution is released, since it will be able to play i guess all NES and SNES, N64 games. Will they patent something to make it so nothing else can emulate these systems and start going after the Gameparks and such? They've already patented GBA emulation, but as far as i know, thats not stopping anybody from emulating and playing them..

woogal posted on Jul 29 2005 at 01:18 PM said:
Tobriand posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:39 PM said:
This is an especially plausible idea considering I'm fairly certain the GP32 CPU is a different ARM9 chip, if not actually the same one, so the code ought yo be even easier for it to deal with than that from a chip a couple of generations earlier.
The GP32 also uses the arm920t.

does this mean the gpx2 still won't have hardware floating point support?

if so: what the fuck are they thinking?

Minimum Requirements: Only can run Corn, but can run UltraHLE but with slow speeds
Pentium 2 200MHZ
32MB RAM
Voodoo 1, TNT,
Any 16 bit PCI sound card
Emulators that work good with this requirements:
Corn, UltraHLE
2nd Minimum Requirements: Can run some roms at full speed with low level emulators
Pentium 2 400MHZ
64MB RAM
Voodoo 2, tnt, Geforce 256
Sound Blaster 64 AWE
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE

I Thought I would go back to n64 for Moment.
Do you think we will see a half speed emu with no sound or is it out of the question?

I doubt it, but like many have said: We just don't know till it is out.

gp32007fake0yq.jpg
:blink:

Yeah, they said the second will have HFP, but by the time you've talked to that via the 920t, and got your answer back, you would have been quicker doing it emulated! Unless of course, the 940 is integrated with the 920t in a way that it acts like a proper co-processor rather than an external chip accessed through the memory bus. Then we could be smoking :)

(Then again, the ARM9 used in the Zodiac supports hardware matrix multiplication and iDCT, but no one uses those features...)

sir diggy posted on Jul 29 2005 at 04:04 PM said:
Minimum Requirements: Only can run Corn, but can run UltraHLE but with slow speeds
Pentium 2 200MHZ
32MB RAM
Voodoo 1, TNT,
Any 16 bit PCI sound card
Corn, UltraHLE
2nd Minimum Requirements: Can run some roms at full speed with low level emulators
Pentium 2 400MHZ
64MB RAM
Voodoo 2, tnt, Geforce 256
Sound Blaster 64 AWE
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE

I Thought I would go back to n64 for Moment.
Do you think we will see a half speed emu with no sound or is it out of the question?

I doubt it, but like many have said: We just don't know till it is out.

gp32007fake0yq.jpg
:blink:

smiley_drooling.gif
Golden Eye

woogal posted on Jul 28 2005 at 08:14 AM said:
BaDToaD posted on Jul 28 2005 at 11:30 AM said:
So far I don't think I've read a positive comment from a dev. Any devs out there that are impressed with this thing?

(silence and tumbleweed!)
I'm impressed, but then most of the stuff I dev doesn't even push the gp32's hardware much (gameplay is important to me, not 3d, speed, buttons, screensize, resolution, and most of the other crap that people seem to be bitching about). The main thing I'm excited about is more memory and storage space for gpQuake (the low memory in the gp32 is the cause of almost all gpQuakes problems). 200mhz is a little lower than I would have liked (300mhz would be nicer), but it should still allow for a decent speed in quake, and maybe the 940t will give a good speed boost too. Also SD is much faster than SMC so those poor load times will disappear and I might be able to add in zlib compression on .pak files again. The only thing I would have like to have seen added is bluetooth, but even so it's still a very nice looking machine and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I can't really understand why there are so many bad comments about the gpx2. The gp32 is still selling well, and the gpx2 should be both better and cheaper, so anyone who would have been looking to buy a gp32 is going to rush to get a gpx2. Ok, so maybe a lot of people won't be upgrading, but there's still a market for a device of this kind of spec and price.

I know I should probably read the 20 new pages of this thread first before replying, but I really agree with this guote from woogal. :)

Everyone's complaining about the "lack" of features, such as a touch screen (you have a DS already. We don't need a touch screen!), a 3d processor (go get a playstation or something if you like games that have souped up 3D graphics and play like absolute shit), and a "slow" CPU speed (I may be old fashioned here, but 250 is a hair less than DOUBLE THE SPEED OF THE GP32.)

I like the gp32 because FINALLY we have a system that won't succumb to SUPER AWESOMELY WOW graphics and horrible shit gameplay. It does 2D games, and it's WAY easier to make a really awesome 2D game than it is to make a 3D game.

Not to mention, everyone is jumping to conclusions WAY too early. It's not right to just dismiss something as an inferior piece of junk metal before you've even played it. I think the gpx2 will be great, even if barely anyone else thinks so (it seems).

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 29 2005 at 05:43 AM said:
The design is fantastic i love it, it kicks sonys ass in that department which is really good news, no more "is that a fake gba" comments which i know all woe us.

They said on the suggestion board that they decided to make black units only. Now we are likely to get a lot of "is that a fake PSP?"

Back