Gp2x Game Development Update

thats too bad, here in the UK one line can use dial up or broadband, so in that way it makes things pretty easy to use.

Only problem is, you keep wanting faster and faster d/l speeds, it's very addictive!

Huxley posted on Oct 5 2005 at 10:27 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Oct 5 2005 at 08:35 PM said:
I thought the whole point of the 64mb ram was so we COULD play those games. Seriously if all we can play are the CDs then it's pointless for me as I'm not looking to redownload a different version of these games, and even if I were they're harder to find than the regular cart roms.

AFAIK the only reason the Neo emulators on the DC and PSP are of the CD version was due to memory limitations, so I see no reason why that shouldn't change for the 2X. There were a LOT more games released for the MVS that should fit within the 64mb, and some good ones too. But I guess it will be easier to port the CD emulators over first, so I wouldn't expect to see MVS/AES for some time yet. /speculation

These are all excellent games that never made it CD. Waku Waku 7 and Blazing Star makes it worth the effort alone IMHO :D

Maybe they could use some kind of bank switching to dynamically load levels to still be able to play all of the MVS games. I mean in metal slug you only play a level at a time, same for the fighting games and shooters. It would pause for a few seconds between levels but it wouldn't be that bad.

CD images are too damn big. The ISO with all of the MP3 files are HUGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, mvs is 10x better cuz of this! i could only load TWO neo cd games in my old 256mb memory stick!!!

@alpha2, just d/l the set with your dialup :D it will take weeks, maybe months, but that's how i used to do things :lol:
j/k...maybe you're best option is to buy that dvd set with the images???? then again, if you don't want every game, you can choose to download one game at a time with some bt clients.

I spent 2 weeks with my laptop connected to BT to download one DVD game, a nearly CONSTANT connection close to 400 hours online because every time I logged off BT would loose like 10% of what I downloaded the day before... I dont think it can handle another marathon like that. And for some reason I could never get the selective download BT clients to work anyway, probably because of the 56k connection.

So much for NeoGeo, If I wanted to go through all that re-encoding sound files to MP3 crap I'd be playing the PSP emulator since it's already out. I guess the only thing I can hope for is for better MAME and decent CAPS/TG16/SNES. I swear homebrew games better be kick ass on this thing.

Back