Gpx2 Unvailed!!

shinneri posted on Jul 28 2005 at 04:07 AM said:
With gpx2, great emus/homebrew and no FW hassles. That's a big deal.

i just want to point out the unbearable amount of hassle i had with registering for firmware updates, getting the launcher (i know that's history now, but when i got my gp32 it was a pita).

and i still got loads of problems with crashing freeware / emulators, my smc card being formatted etc etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
no_skill posted on Jul 28 2005 at 03:40 PM said:
shinneri posted on Jul 28 2005 at 04:07 AM said:
With gpx2, great emus/homebrew and no FW hassles.  That's a big deal.

i just want to point out the unbearable amount of hassle i had with registering for firmware updates, getting the launcher (i know that's history now, but when i got my gp32 it was a pita).

and i still got loads of problems with crashing freeware / emulators, my smc card being formatted etc etc....
True, but with the BLU there were no such problems and I'm sure that gpx2 will be no different.

And SMC being formatted? Could that just be an aging card?

pj 64

"Windows95 or higher, Pentium III 600Mhz or higher, DirectX 7.0 with a Direct3D compatible Accelerator, at least 16 megs of Video RAM. It may be possible to run with a slower system and if you find it useable on it then enjoy. DirectX 8.0a is strongly recommended as it is one of the latest releases from microsoft."

i for one think that this handheld is going to blow so many people away when they see what it is capable of.

And i can't wait to see davec have to eat his own words when he is proved wrong. Will he ever be able to show his face once everyone else is reaping the rewards of the gpx2???

Corn

This used to be without a doubt the fastest Nintendo 64 emulator available at that time(and it is?). It ran at full speed, with full sound on my old Pentium 233 with 3DFX Voodoo 1. Imagine what Corn can do on a system way more powerfull than that...

UltraHLE :rolleyes:

UltraHLE has average CPU requirements. Realistically you will need at least a 400Mhz Pentium2 to get 30 frames per second in a simple game such as Mario64. Remember that other CPUs with weaker floating point performance, such as the AMD K6, K6-2 etc., will require a higher clock speed to achieve the same performance. :lol:

x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 09:07 PM said:
i for one think that this handheld is going to blow so many people away when they see what it is capable of.

And i can't wait to see davec have to eat his own words when he is proved wrong. Will he ever be able to show his face once everyone else is reaping the rewards of the gpx2???
Why do you think it is gonna be so great?
The only thing about it I am interested in is DivX.

Does anyone know the CPU requirements for Fake64 or Mupen64?

Gave these examples because they are Linux based. :rolleyes:

Thanks for info anyways rabbitswithhats.

Julius posted on Jul 28 2005 at 09:11 PM said:
@ rabbits with hats:

But sadly it is still far away from enjoyable on these specs, just barely playable. (at least to my maybe quite high standarts :p )

...but still

sir diggy posted on Jul 28 2005 at 09:11 PM said:
Does anyone know the CPU requirements for Fake64 or Mupen64?

Gave these examples because they are Linux based. :rolleyes:

Thanks for info anyways rabbitswithhats.

could not find Fake64 or Mupen64

Mirrorhead posted on Jul 28 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
Just got my first GP32 2 weeks ago at but I`m excited about this new machine and will watch how it develops. I guess I`ll purchase it once the dev scene has started to work with it.

For all the Germans here: there is a first feature on the GPX2 at
Golem.de.

danke, sehr praktisch. der gp32 dürfte im deutschsprachigen raum schon eher bekannt sein...

This topic is great!! Look at all the fanbois defending a system that is not even out, and all the hipocrits bashing a system that isn't even out.

Personally i don't care what happens with this. I'm not buying one with these specs to just have a glorified movie player. And then you buy SD cards that the size needed will cost more than UMD movies and UMD movies will be much better quality.

This is just typical Gamepark fashion and we should all be used to it by now. I just can't wait to see what people have to say when DaveC is actually right. :)

FAKE 64
Required:
PII 400Mhz
64Mb
Geforce

Recommended:
PIII 900Mhz
256Mb
Geforce 2 GTS

*I don't think so. Hahaha.

"N64 Hardware Requirements

Minimum Requirements: Only can run Corn, but can run UltraHLE but with slow speeds
Pentium 2 200MHZ
32MB RAM
Voodoo 1, TNT,
Any 16 bit PCI sound card
Emulators that work good with this requirements:
Corn, UltraHLE
2nd Minimum Requirements: Can run some roms at full speed with low level emulators
Pentium 2 400MHZ
64MB RAM
Voodoo 2, tnt, Geforce 256
Sound Blaster 64 AWE
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE
:rolleyes:

Recommended Requirements: Can run more roms at full speed with certain emulators
Pentium 2 700MHZ/K7 AMD Athlon 700MHZ
128MB RAM
Voodoo 3, TNT2, Geforce 256,
Sound Blaster 128 PCI
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE, Project 64, Nemu, Daedalus, Blade64, Apollo, 1964

2nd Recommended Requirements: Can run Most roms at full speed with almost all n64 emu's
Pentium 3 1GHZ/AMD T-Bird 1GHZ
160MB RAM
Geforce 2, ATI Radeon 8500
Sound Blaster Live!
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE, Project 64, Nemu, Daedalus, Blade64, Apollo, 1964,

Ideal Requirements: Can run almost all roms at full speed with all n64 emulators
Pentium 3 1.2GHZ/AMD T-Bird 1.2GHZ
256MB RAM
Geforce 2/Geforce 2 Ultra/Pro
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
All

2nd Ideal Requirements: Can run all n64 roms at full speed with all n64 emulators
Pentium 3 1.5GHZ/AMD T-Bird 1.5GHZ
512MB RAM
Geforce 3
Sound Blaster Live! 1024
All

Special Requirements: Basically run all N64 roms with full speed but better than N64
AMD XP 1.8GHZ
1 GB RAM
Geforce 3 Ti500
Sound Blaster Audigy"

woogal posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
I can't really understand why there are so many bad comments about the gpx2. The gp32 is still selling well, and the gpx2 should be both better and cheaper, so anyone who would have been looking to buy a gp32 is going to rush to get a gpx2. Ok, so maybe a lot of people won't be upgrading, but there's still a market for a device of this kind of spec and price.

somehow i more and more get the feeling that the gpx2 is something like a slightly improved version of the gp32 without backward compatibility.

like: "hey you want to buy a gp32? get the gp2x! it's a bit better and costs less".

akward!

This is just typical Gamepark fashion and we should all be used to it by now. I just can't wait to see what people have to say when DaveC is actually right. smile.gif
Shock horror.
How can teh DaveC be right???!111one

Minimum Requirements: Only can run Corn, but can run UltraHLE but with slow speeds
Pentium 2 200MHZ
32MB RAM
Voodoo 1, TNT,
Any 16 bit PCI sound card
Corn, UltraHLE
2nd Minimum Requirements: Can run some roms at full speed with low level emulators
Pentium 2 400MHZ
64MB RAM
Voodoo 2, tnt, Geforce 256
Sound Blaster 64 AWE
Corn, UltraHLE, SupraHLE

Thanks.

chris_r posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:37 PM said:
I think people arent impressed with the clock speed because they dont realise how much work the 2d chip will take away from the processor.

this would only be the case if you'd use it.
but when porting you'd have to rewrite the grapihcs thingy to use the extra chip.

or you find a port that uses sdl AND gamepark (holdings) is smart enough to make SDL use the graphics chip.

Back