Guy Who Wants To Sue Gamepark, Gph, Me & Ed

semyaza posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:57 AM said:
Yes as above. Was about to mention about the spec

With a 1gHz PIII equivalent processor, we felt we really did not need
undocumented video acceleration chips. The proof of concept units
have a 667 mHz processor which decodes MP1/2/4 video fine, MP3's,
and played quite nicely DOS, MAME, native Linux and Windows games.

Not being a hardware expert and just a consumer, I thought intel type chips were power hogs. Battery power in a gp2x is bad but this would be something else????
He says equivalent, so it's presumably not an actual Pentium III. But yes, the P3 and P4 series were enormous power hogs, and the XScale chips are pretty terrible about power consumption too. Plus, at 624 MHz they run like 312 MHz true ARM9s. Not very good design. But I digress .. if it were a P3 at 667 MHz in a handheld, battery life would be measured in minutes, not hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jokes were only made since I really don't beleive a word he says. And the game I mentioned does indeed exist and is actually pretty good. There was a big thing made when it was released initially but most saw the game as harmless. Besides this whole situation is a joke. I mean Sony has been sued, Nintendo and Microsoft have been hit with lawsuits and now this. Why don't these leaches try and work for a living? Instead of stealling other peoples money. I'm starting to wonder if the right to sue is somewhere in the first amendment.

LOL... OMFG this is genius hahahahahaha, I am actually seriously laughing my ass off right now this is hilarious.

The software does not do what they say it will, the SDK isn't really
there, they just copied marcom docs and a business plan from someone
and can't get it together to acutaly provide anything beyond hardware.

It's like the movie "Galaxy Quest". The aliens copied what they saw
on TV from signals that eventually reached them many years after
being transmitted. What they did not realize was the show (modeled
after Star Trek) was science fiction not reality.

The aliens were unable to operate the technology they copied. In this case,
GP does not have the intelligence the aliens in the movie had. They could
build the device, they could copy the docs, but they cannot make it work
inside.

Link

hahahahahahahahahahahaha... watch out geoff... the aliens will come and probe you!

Incredible.

I think we need more wheelchair jokes! What was that film when Leslie Nielsen told that Richard Griffiths "Don't get up"?

Great"

if you do a quick google search on his name you can find out all about his hobbies... I wonder now, if that guy can really be crazy in some way. He seems like a pretty sane person to me. He is involved in photography, interested in CB radios and obviously a *nix enthusiast... this is getting even weirder every minute I think about it.

thrashmonkey posted on Sep 13 2006 at 03:40 PM said:
sehs33 posted on Sep 13 2006 at 12:15 PM said:
thrashmonkey posted on Sep 13 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
Take a look at Geoffrey's posts on http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-il@cs.hu...l/msg44204.html, for it is he.

You joined the forum today and made your first post just to add this link?

* I smell geoffstechno *

Yes, you got me. I thought if I didn't call myself Geoffrey I wouldn't get found out.

Is it him really? or is he someone else being sarcastic? <_<

ofcourse trashmonkey is not him!!! Or do you think a mid-aged man with a huge beard and a passion for photocameras, and fishtanks calls himself trashmonkey on a forum just to ridicule himself?

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 13 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
ofcourse trashmonkey is not him!!! Or do you think a mid-aged man with a huge beard and a passion for photocameras, and fishtanks calls himself trashmonkey on a forum just to ridicule himself?

This guy is insane, anything is expected from him <_<

The only patent I found out that's from him is this one:

Method for reduced power consumption

Though I don't think that's used by GPH... there isn't a processor that controls power in the gp2x.

EDIT: Well, part taken from the patent:
"A method includes adjusting the clock speed of a central processing unit (CPU) as a function of the output of a performance monitor forming part of an operating system controlling the CPU. The method can be implemented on battery powered devices and on non-battery powered devices."

Not used in the gp2x...

From the page that ste_167 posted, it seems he is involved at the hebrew university in jerusalem... is he a professor? That would seriously damage my trust in the intellectual elite...

sehs33 posted on Sep 13 2006 at 02:41 PM said:
xnopasaranx posted on Sep 13 2006 at 04:18 PM said:

This guy is insane, anything is expected from him <_<

Maybe I should have introduced myself first. I didn't mean to give anyone the fear, I just got over excited. So just to clarify *no beard... not him*.

Erm, hello everybody. I'm new here.

i think its more that he's just isolated, living in a bubble, and perhaps doesn't realize that some of his 'ground-breaking research ideas' are nothing more than completely and utterly obvious to a large segment of the F/OSS community .. all he needs to do is get a nice swift boot up the arse (say, by going to a few tradeshows/conferences in Europe) and he'll see that in fact the world isn't as small as his little world allows it to be ..

this is yet another example for why you must fight ignorance and intolerance wherever you see it. clearly this guy is ignorant of many, many things, about which if he were to be a bit more aware, wouldn't lead him to the conclusion that his fancy techno-dabbling is worth as much as he thinks it is ..

welcome to the boards... good timing, these are exciting times ^^

This guy is wierd, google his name and all kinds of crap comes up. Seems he likes to use his full name everywhere. Oh and he has posted multiple phones numbers.
Why would you ever post your phone number on the internet? Strange strange man.

Back