Hardware Accelerated Psx-Emulation?

mcobit

Advanced Member
I didn't hear anything about the psx emu for a long time now.

The question is in the title:
Is there any hardwareoptimisation for ogles jet?

It would be really neat to play psx games with filtered textures or even antialising.

Yeah it would be nice. I know software rendering has gone a long way, but I do not know about hardware acceleration.

No, it's not done. Tinnus did some initial work towards this end but lost said work.

Exophase said:
No, it's not done. Tinnus did some initial work towards this end but lost said work.

This is too sad, I hope someone will pick it up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:

Lost his code and had forgotten to backup?

cowai said:
Exophase said:

Damn... didn't know that, was digging the screenshots he posted of Crash Bandicoot...

cowai said:

Yes, that's what he told me anyway. Not sure if he wanted everyone else to know it, but in my opinion it's much better that you do.

Exophase said:
cowai said:

Yes, that's what he told me anyway. Not sure if he wanted everyone else to know it, but in my opinion it's much better that you do.

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't SVN his stuff externally.

Maybe there never was any code.

Butterman said:
I find it hard to believe that he doesn't SVN his stuff externally.

Maybe there never was any code.

You find it easier to believe that he fabricated screenshots than that he wasn't using an external SVN? Not everyone is going to start a sourceforge project or something just to get their stuff backed up. People have some really strange ideas of what "everyone" does..

BTW, I don't use an external SVN for any of my non-professional coding either, never have.

I didn't know he had any screenshots showing OGL emulation?

You can SVN off an external hard drive, even a flash drive. It's just strange that he doesn't back stuff up is all.

There were several screenshots. I agree that it's unfortunate that he didn't have any method of backing up (doesn't have to involve version control) but he probably wasn't that heavily into it that occurred enough to him. Hopefully he'll know better next time.

backup? what is this backup you speak of?

I do the same thing, when I'm deep in code it's just "there"

it goes like this

no need for a backup (yet) will do that after this bit gets tweaked, oh and sort that bug

is there a better way to do that?, googles

thats an interesting article

reads

tweaks

mods routine

starts new interface handler

eats

sleeps

back to code

oh great, that's better, more memory free and killed a leak

codes

weeks pass

months

umm, this is getting really huge now, must do a backup

just tidy up these comments

hey! I could totally streamline that!

sidetracked

<powercut>

oh! #@*&@#!

totally credible he has no backups, hell!, I own eight PC's and not one has any form of backup, yeah!, I know I should!, but backups are boring :p , and I have eight machines, so total data loss is unlikely, I'm only likely to lose one eighth of my data at any one time, trivial!

1) create initial code (opens a OGL-ES window and plays the game music, nothing gets displayed though)
2) git
3) have as many people you know copy your git tree for umm 'testing' (aka: backups! see: advantages of git over svn)
4) ???
5) profit!

Phawx said:
Are the links to these pics somewhere?

I'm interested in this as well -- I didn't know it was ever even worked on. Hope someone else (if not the original coder) starts over on it... :\

The screenshots I know of are here, and here, if that's of any help. (I would have posted this reply earlier, but for some reason the forums keep slowing to a crawl for me, so searching for them - even using Google - was a bit of a pain. :lol: )

EDIT: I hope they're the right ones. They're the only ones I remember seeing, at any rate.

Prometheus said:
The screenshots I know of are here, and here, if that's of any help. (I would have posted this reply earlier, but for some reason the forums keep slowing to a crawl for me, so searching for them - even using Google - was a bit of a pain. :lol: )

EDIT: I hope they're the right ones. They're the only ones I remember seeing, at any rate.
Me too, I think we're killing the poor servers :lol:

Sooo....

Exophase is right. I lost the code that made those nice screenshots in an unfortunate HD crash. I actually thought I had it backed up at the time, but I didn't. Oh well. I didn't get to upping the code to the project version control system since I was testing and changing stuff all around meanwhile and didn't want to get in the way of developement in other areas of the code.

BUT... the good news is that I'm getting back to working on the project and there WILL be a new OpenGL ES 2 GPU plugin, better than ever :) And it should come out a lot faster than the old one, since I lost the code but not the experience I got with GL ES and the PS1 GPU :)

Don't worry, I want a nice PS1 emulator with filtered textures and pretty graphics more than a lot of you ;)

Back