Has *anybody* received a refund from OpenPandora Ltd (Craig's) in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm asked to start a thread a coupla few times. /yawn
Why are you yawning? You said you had some technical information for us that contras Exophase's comments.
Do you want me to create an empty thread where the first post reads "Space for Overgauss and Exophase to discuss technical details relating to assembly, CPUs and multi-cores" just so you'll post?

If it'll get you to post said information, I will, but it just seems silly to have the first post of a topic saying "...Waiting for Players 1 and 2...", though any one else chipping in, I could insert a post saying "A New Challenger Has Arrived"

I am biased.  You are all lawless scum, will be shot down without mercy!

In other news, Aquaria runs pretty well on Pandora now, thanks to lunixbochs libGL.

Many, many other games can also be built with libGL, and little or no porting effort.

This should be a great incentive for refund peoples to think again.
interesting, but what does that change? I invested in a 300$device as a portable gaming machine, the only one who could seemingly play PSX games at that time and a little powerhouse. I was also liking the fact that it run a full linux, but not really interested in that.

now a few year later almost any mobile device can play PSX roms, the pandora price tag as almost doubled and I'm not interested enough in a linux micro portable.

at this point I'm still stuck, being neither able to get a refund, nor to get it until a few years and I can't justify at all the additional upgrade. the original price was already quite high for me, now it's almost doubled and I have many alternative only to play games, that is in the scenario that interest me. how does an additional ported game or two change anything?

edit: and I'm sure I'm not the only one in that case, in that time it was also marketed (not officially through the forum maybe?) as the most powerful portable gaming platform. people who bought it for that reason and not because it's a tiny desktop linux are, with reason disapointed

Last edited by a moderator:
I said this originally.

Edit:

"You have a very active imagination Overgauss. I guess if you have nothing to say in response to my questions (which you know, are because of my deep seated hatred of you and not because you said anything that could be perceived as highly questionable or pointless) we can all just leave it at that."

Speaking of leave it at that.  I pretty much have for the most part.  For instance I don't follow you from thread to thread everytime I disagree with you. You've made comments about registers, assembly (language), and multiple core emulation (to name a few) that I don't necessarily agree with, yet I didn't hop into those threads to destroy you even though it would have been easy and fun.  In essence you don't control my behaviour, yet you consistently react to mine. I leave you to your opinion, yet you refuse to leave me to mine.  It's ok.  I understand.  You really can't help yourself because you don't have the willpower to control your behaviour.  If it will at all atone for the grevious harm I must have inflicted upon you in the past, feel free to start an Exophase pwns Overgauss thread.  Come at me as much as you like there.

Perhaps for now, it's best that you ignore me like i asked you many times in the past to do.  It's not about us, it's about keeping this Pandora dream alive.
I'm not going to start a thread because you said you had arguments against something I said. I have no idea what your arguments are, you start the thread. Or just post them here, I don't think anyone really cares, this thread was dying until you revived it. If it's a problem a mod can split it then.

I have no interest in making an "Exophase pwns Overgauss" thread. I respond when I have something to say about things someone said. Forum discussion is worth my time. Waging personal wars is not.

Edit to add:

So I started reading the thread backwards and got to this gem (somewhere around page 21).  You've heard of lol, well this made me PSHHHWww out loud.

"You are really so biased it's painful to watch." This was in reference to the Judge, and really made my day. HAW!
You don't have to link wikipedia to refer to an idiom everyone is familiar with (especially since it's so heavily referenced on forums).

DREDD's post was biased, because he was making the argument that people need to stop criticizing Craig because Craig is such a great guy that he likes so much. There's no presumption of the poster's bias, the bias is laid out cleanly in the post itself. And he had no problem admitting it. If you're trying to say that my response was invalid by using an appeal to hypocrisy then I'd point out that is a logical fallacy (also, the original intention of the pot/kettle idiom is a person making a claim that refers to himself and NOT the person he is making it to, so I guess you want to say DREDD isn't biased either). If you just want to make an attack on my character (while doing so in about the most blatantly personally motivated way possible) then I'm going to have to refute that.

You made a highly combative post and I responded saying why I don't agree with it. Rather than address my arguments or answer my questions you went on a rant about how I only argue with you because I hate you, and therefore everything I say to you is nullified. If that's really how things work then you must feel you win a lot of arguments by default here because a lot of people don't like you. But that's a pretty glaring logical fallacy too (which, like the previously referred to tu quoque, is another form of ad hominem and I don't think I need to describe that). Just because I repeatedly argue with things someone posts doesn't mean my arguments are motivated by a grudge (regardless of what I think of the person) and even if it did it doesn't automatically make my points invalid.

I remember when Ari64 still posted here it felt like every time I'd post something technically-oriented he'd respond to disagree with everything. That was probably really exaggerated in my mind, but that's what it felt like. And while it also felt like he was singling me out but I strongly doubt that was really the case. Whatever the case was, I engaged his points and liked the discussions that came about as a result. Even when I was very much wrong about something I felt like there was a lot to be learned. And that is of course why people want you to post your technical arguments against me, because they could result in interesting and informative discussion. If you feel like you can't talk to me without making it personal then fine, don't. But announcing that you disagreed with me and could have engaged me and destroyed my claims, and that you chose not to because you're the bigger man very much doesn't look like you've avoided making things personal and I don't think anyone is going to find this better than actually getting into the original argument. Aside from being a conceited jerk about it, if you tell someone you disagree with them most people are going to want to know why. Hence why in addition to telling DREDD I found his post very biased I also explained exactly what I thought about all of it.

This forum has a few weirdos to be sure.

tumblr_m5skdpZylV1qawr0wo1_500.png

Why are you yawning? You said you had some technical information for us that contras Exophase's comments.

Do you want me to create an empty thread where the first post reads "Space for Overgauss and Exophase to discuss technical details relating to assembly, CPUs and multi-cores" just so you'll post?

If it'll get you to post said information, I will, but it just seems silly to have the first post of a topic saying "...Waiting for Players 1 and 2...", though any one else chipping in, I could insert a post saying "A New Challenger Has Arrived"
You misread my post.  I didn't claim that I had some technical information for you that contras (sic) Ep's comments.  What I did say was that if Ep wanted to continue to argue about nonsense that he should feel free to start another post outside of *this thread so that we can remain on topic.

To all in general:

If you noticed Ep is insisting that I make some thread, when I already told him to start one himself if he wanted to go on about whatever.  It is the height of rediculousness for him to instead insist that I make some thread, when evidently he can't be bothered to do it himself. I merely said that I did not necessarily agree with every comment he made concerning those topics.  You guys blew this thing up into some whole affair because you guys can't understand what is written and infer all sorts of nonsense.

This person talks about prefering not to wage personal wars when in fact that is all he does.  He accuses me of ad-hominems through ad-hominem attacks.  He clarifies no one likes me as part of his argument when most people already get that.  Even my likes of others posts seem to disappear, then reappear as "other".[E: Maybe this was a forum hiccup.  It shows now]

He claims he was responding to a highly combative post, when that was not the case whatsoever.  In fact his response was combative and approached ridicutard levels when he tried to besmirch me for not donating to the preorder cause because I'm trying to get a refund.  Only on these boards does it make sense for someone to donate money that they don't have to expedite a refund that they need due to financial/health reasons!

His every response is based on an erroneous assumption that he has made.  He doesn't even have the capability to understand sarcasm when it smacks him in the face.  He posts TIRADES in response to three mere sentences and a hyperlink.  Really?  That's all it takes?  He continually makes personal attacks then says some craziness about if you "can't make a post without making personal attacks" blah blah blah.  Then on top of it he wonders why I made a hyperlink.  This is the epitome of his bias acting in such a way that invokes the old kettle calling the pot black saying.  Is this really rocket science?

If he was interested in talking about whatever he was interested in talking about with me he should have started a thread about it.  It was clear that I had no interest starting discussion about it here, and it is pretty redicutarded to *insist I start a thread after my intentions were made clear.  His response was ego fueled and his thinking so obsfucated that he dosen't even understand what was said.

In the past I've told him that if he continues to swing from my nuts, he's not going to like what I say because I will take the kid gloves off and speak frankly.  His response was to holler and yell for mod ques and such because now I was threatening him.  This time around I say if you want to yell at me  or whatever go for it, get it off your chest, but I won't engage in the same activity because I want to keep this thread positive.  His response is now that he "doesn't appreciate me holding back."  This is sane behaviour?  If I don't hold back he's going to rage, but if I do hold back he doesn't appreciate it?

Ep merely remains bitter because I destroyed him in that micro-sd thread long ago.  Since then he takes every swipe he can.  I spell out to him that although I could do the same I choose not to even though I would enjoy it.  So essentially this boils down to him being mad because I won't swing from his nuts 24/7 like he does mine.  He's already admitted that he can't destroy my arguments in the past and instead prefers to direct his attention to the FORM of my arguments and posting style.

For instance my last post before this page was on page 9. I let everyone get their say in, come back after a time and it is now on page 23.  Fuq me for responding right?  Fuq me for clarifying that there was some kind of misunderstanding created by others regarding some technical discussion right?  Fuq me for stating if you want to argue start another thread right?  Fuq me for saying "hey man, you seem to be on my nuts abit, how about you back up off of them because believe you me there was plenty of occasion I could have destroyed yours but didn't" right?

If you just want to make an attack on my character (while doing so in about the most blatantly personally motivated way possible) then I'm going to have to refute that.
I'm saying it amuses me that you call someone biased when you are so biased you attack claims I've never made and continue to miss my point.  If you don't get it you don't get it.  Simple as that.

I only argue with you because I hate you, and therefore everything I say to you is nullified.
I never made either claim.  It seems you've fallen for a logical fallacy. I suggest before you run off at the mouth you actually counter things that have been said instead of the things that your bias makes you imagine is being said.

My comments begin here. Feel free to read comprehend them so that this time you can bring up points that are actually counter to what I've said.  Since this is an old thread, there's probably no harm in me destroying you here.  Feel confident that as always you will be able to call me whatever vulgarity you wish, while my own comments in response to your vulgarity will be heavily modded.

That being said, life is literally too short for me right now, to continually be monitoring this thread daily, so I will get to your responses when I get to them.

Well then quit your griping.

Edit:

Well it can't be said I didn't give you a chance, but when it comes down to it, you've got nothing.

You misread my post.  I didn't claim that I had some technical information for you that contras (sic) Ep's comments.
Okay, yeah, I'll admit that one, you said you "disagree" with him, though that's not all that different unless you're saying that even though you disagree, he's correct. If you're saying that he's wrong, and this is where we'd like to know the details.
On a side note, I always though "contra" was a word in it's own right. It's listed as a preposition in dictionary.reference.com; however according to the Oxford English Dictionary, it's a prefix. It also has a noun for a group of guerrillas, but that's not what I was trying to say.

What I did say was that if Ep wanted to continue to argue about nonsense that he should feel free to start another post outside of *this thread so that we can remain on topic.
When he doesn't know what *exactly* about registers, assembly and multicore emulation you're disagreeing with him on, how can he possible start a thread?
I merely said that I did not necessarily agree with every comment he made concerning those topics.  You guys blew this thing up into some whole affair because you guys can't understand what is written and infer all sorts of nonsense.
We're asking for clarification on *why* you disagree, and *what* you disagree on. That's not really "blowing things up".

Overgauss, I'm going to blow your mind for a second... Nobody cares

22789752.jpg

Since this topic has had a month of running around in circles, its now time to lock it.

LOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back