Hase sprites and textures

Would be a shame, if the community would only be made out of ptitseb's ports, some black magic of notaz and never ending discussions about keyboard designs. :\
LOL, not bad.  :D

Well, I did spriting in the past until I realized I suck on it, so I abandoned it after some painful and slow progress experiments. However, I know there are alot of talented spriters out there that would help you for sure. Maybe you already know http://opengameart.org/a big community around "classic" game art. I also found alot of great "pixel stuff" on Deviantart. You seem to only use a 6-phase animation with tiny sprites, this should keep the worktime short. Not sure how complex the backgrounds are to make for your game but depending on how complex they can be made it could take longer than the actual sprites (if you aim for Worms-like background complexity)

I'm no good in doing gfx, a friend of mine is though.

I'll ask him if he's interested in doing some graphics for you but you'll have to wait as he's on a trip through Asia right now. :)
No problem, I will need some time for a new version anyway. Looking forward!
Anyway: Every sprite attempt is welcome! Even laical ones. As you can see, I am not very good in making sprites, too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be a shame, if the community would only be made out of ptitseb's ports, some black magic of notaz and never ending discussions about keyboard designs. :\
LOL, not bad.  :D

Well, I did spriting in the past until I realized I suck on it, so I abandoned it after some painful and slow progress experiments. However, I know there are alot of talented spriters out there that would help you for sure. Maybe you already know http://opengameart.org/a big community around "classic" game art. I also found alot of great "pixel stuff" on Deviantart. You seem to only use a 6-phase animation with tiny sprites, this should keep the worktime short. Not sure how complex the backgrounds are to make for your game but depending on how complex they can be made it could take longer than the actual sprites (if you aim for Worms-like background complexity)
You saw my own sprite attempts, didn't you?
I don't want some well done pixelart from some unknown strangers. I want pixelart from the Dingoonity and Pandora community!

My backgrounds are fine. I don't want to copy everything from Worms. I am glad with some random background pattern. It is easy to find some different background and make them tileable. It is hard to find some sprites.

Here is a little frog.

Looks better if the animation is not that fast, but could be ok.

frog.png

frog.gif

Edit: Messed up the pictures in previous post. Should be right now.

Here is a little frog.

Looks better if the animation is not that fast, but could be ok.

attachicon.gif
frog.png

attachicon.gif
frog.gif

Edit: Messed up the pictures in previous post. Should be right now.
These are awesome, thank you very much!

You are fine with CC-BY-SA?

Unfortunately I can't play the jump animation slower, it would be annoying to need more time for jumping ingame. However it looks already very nice!

But you are aware, that your frog is jumping sideways in Hase?

Choose whatever license you want.

I know that the characters will be sideways but i f you see how a frog jumps, the sprite would be too small for this.

I have another idea: Would it be good to have some bigger portrait pictures of the characters for a selectionscreen like in Streetfighter?

Nice work, mcobit. You've got talent! :) How about an metal spring with eyes on top? XD
thanks. The spring is already done one page ago.
Lol, you are right, I didn't identified that sprite actualy but yes it's indeed a spring with an eye. ^^"
Maybe a paperclip with eyes, but people would commit suecide with it all the time.

I have another idea: Would it be good to have some bigger portrait pictures of the characters for a selectionscreen like in Streetfighter?
The idea is not bad, but in fact this makes only work... Furthermore all already existing sprites would need such a portrait picture, too.
Maybe a paperclip with eyes, but people would commit suecide with it all the time.
"You seem to try to kill a hare. Do you need help?"

Ah yes... Maybe short voicesamples or little word bubbles popping up would be a great addition ;)

Ah yes... Maybe short voicesamples or little word bubbles popping up would be a great addition ;)
word bubbles sound like a good idea. But what would a spring tell? "Boing"? And the "worm with hat"? "I am a worm with hat!" :>
I think I like the idea. ^^

Thanks a lot!But I am not sure, whether the "movement to the left" in the 5th picuture works well. Did you test the set with the hase sprite tester from the first post?

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10746
I did, and I thought it looked okay. It was hacked together quite quickly, so I won't be upset if you just discard it :) If I can find time, I might try and tidy it up a bit

word bubbles sound like a good idea. But what would a spring tell? "Boing"? And the "worm with hat"? "I am a wormit with hat!" :>I think I like the idea. ^^
Yes, when shooting, a spring could tell "boing!". If it gets hit, it would say "boing :-(". If it waits for input it could say "boing?". And if it jumps a long way or flys through the air it says "booooing".

So you would only need one typical word for a character. The rest can be done with punctuation.

Back