Have You Checked Your Delivery Address?

When I changed my address in December, Jacquelyn told me that my position was 450-550. My confirmation timestamp is Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:43 AM (GMT -4). Seeing as that was ~5 months ago (and based on previous responses in this thread), I've probably moved up a bit since then.

@BA

ohh, well here we use none of those.

last time they tried it ended only as the name of the postal service (472)

DroneB Dev said:
@BA

Interesting. I would hope that your postal service would have experienced this before and ignore them. Until hedwards responds as to his specific scenario, who can say.

Funny, his name is hedwards (think head-wards, towards the head) and mine is backasswards (think ass-wards, towards the ass). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
BackAssward said:
hedwards said:
In that vein, if the address is correct, but the zip code is listed as 0s, is it worthwhile to contact them and make sure it gets fixed? I can't recall at this point if the form had the ability to put that in or not. Craig's shop, FWIW.
Isn't a valid zip code rather important?
Eh, not so much. If the zip code is missing, or obviously wrong, It's probably not more than a day of delay as some postal worker looks it up for you and writes it on the package for you.

The worst is when there is a valid zip code, but it's badly wrong. Then the mail gets sorted wrong and your package might get sent to the wrong part of the country before they realize there's an error.

BackAssward said:
DroneB Dev said:
@BA

Interesting. I would hope that your postal service would have experienced this before and ignore them. Until hedwards responds as to his specific scenario, who can say.

Funny, his name is hedwards (think head-wards, towards the head) and mine is backasswards (think ass-wards, towards the ass). :p

suspicious suspicious, are you sure you don't suffer of schizophrenia? and have 2 different nicks? if so wich one is going to receive and make the unboxing vid? XD

i didnt get what you meant about "I would hope that your postal service would have experienced this before and ignore them."

DroneB Dev said:
i didnt get what you meant about "I would hope that your postal service would have experienced this before and ignore them."
The superfluous 00000's in the address.

BackAssward said:
Oh I know, we don't use ZIP codes in Canada either. I thought he was American since he was asking, if he wasn't, I don't see why he'd bring it up. Every online form I ever recall using, changed the mailing code section for my orders. I order from the US a lot and never have to put in 00000. I don't recall having to put in 0's when I ordered my Pandora.

Or do you mean, mailing code of any kind? In Canada we have a Postal Code, but it certainly isn't a 5 digit numeric. I'm pretty sure it accepted my text string Postal Code.
Normally, I wouldn't bother asking, but I don't normally purchase from outside the US. Technically the zip code is used for processing the address, and we've even got an additional 4 which makes it more specific. I just couldn't recall if the form had asked for it at all. I'm not sure what exactly happens when the change over happens.

But, considering how tired I was, it does seem more necessary today than it did yesterday. I was curious if anybody else was having that issue.

Back