Have You Told Your Wife/better Half/significant Other Your Getting A P

pariah said:
My girlfriend really has no choice. The hard fast rule in the life of Pariah is, "Do what I want." As it is the rate I blow through women she probably won't be my girlfriend by the time my p&|a arrives. So much the better, I'll need time to put my new electronic girlfriend -- "Pandora. What a beautiful name. Do you come here often?" -- through her paces.

Pariah (The perpetually bad boyfriend)
Don't make this into an internet one-upmaship about the chick's we've been with and how manly we are. There are blogs for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
BackAssward: Wasn't. Actually I was joking. She would kill me if I actually treated her like that. Damn the internet for not conveying my sarchasm/tone of voice. Actually she's a big ol' dork like me and thinks it's pretty neat too. Bought her a DS with an R4 card for her birthday last year and she's never without it. Except for the two weeks she left it at my house when she went down south. When she got back she ran in gave me a quick peck on the cheek and snatched up her DS to play Wordup. Anyway, sorry if it sounded like one-uppmanship. I was just trying to be funny.

p B)

pariah said:
BackAssward: Wasn't. Actually I was joking. She would kill me if I actually treated her like that. Damn the internet for not conveying my sarchasm/tone of voice. Actually she's a big ol' dork like me and thinks it's pretty neat too. Bought her a DS with an R4 card for her birthday last year and she's never without it. Except for the two weeks she left it at my house when she went down south. When she got back she ran in gave me a quick peck on the cheek and snatched up her DS to play Wordup. Anyway, sorry if it sounded like one-uppmanship. I was just trying to be funny.

p B)
My bad. Damn you and your healthy thing you got going on. I'm all for the redirection of the idea with respect to humor and sarcasm, this just isn't the usual place to find it. So my bad (our bad).

Screw you.

BackAssward

(I hope this part isn't needed, but that was sarcasm, you unmitigated bastard).

(Also, it's nice to talk to an adult as an adult, without censor hounds getting into the mix).

waffles said:
i call it my super secret "random awesome thing" bank account.
I have a 'box o'cash' in my sock drawer. The fiancee knows I'm getting the pandora, and a kindle, and an android phone (whenever they surface). All I need to do is fill the box o'cash.

This approach seems to be working slightly better than me seeing something and buying it, and then explaining that evening why i 'had to have it,' and why the other three devices that I have that do very similar things aren't good enough. That's what happened with the n800 (replacing the 770), the oqo 02 (replacing my laptop and my oqo), and the macbook air (and bringing back the n800 and getting rid of the oqo... stupid via not supporting linux).

But, she doesn't seem to care too much as long as I'm putting enough money away for the wedding, and even better if she doesn't have to hear about it. =)

Back