What Have You Bought While Waiting For Your Pandora?

snurty

Still Fresh
Well the year since pre-orders has flown by and I have resisted buying other gadgets during the waiting period. However I have finally cracked and bought a Beeb off ebay. The pandora will be great but I had just had to buy something and why not revisit my childhood with the actual machine rather than emulation. I'm pretty sure had the pandora arrived I would have been too busy with that to buy other stuff that will eventually end up in the loft.

Who else has cracked and bought something they probably wouldn't have if their pandora was here?

a MacBook Pro :p

I haven't actually pre ordered, but I've been very interested for more than a year now.

I also cracked and bought one of these babies Asrock NetTop ION 330
I was after one of these types of things (HTPC) for a while anyway and this looks to satisfy all my (current) needs (should be here next week) ...
Still, can't wait for the Panda :)

I bought a total crap PC game for super cheap, and a pretty damn good vintage Mega Drive cart for a large chunk of change. If Pandora were already here, chances are I'd probably have bought stuff for it instead. :p

At one point I bought a Dingoo A320, but it turned out to be faulty (it was one of those units where the battery fried itself). I figured it wasn't meant to be, and got a refund.

Other than that, since I only emulate stuff I already own, I've been increasing my game collection a bit - but that's more like buying stuff for the Pandora, really, and I would have bought the games whether I was waiting or already had it. :p

I bought a Neo Geo arcade cab. Who needs Mame :)

I was gonna cancel my order to fund it, but I'm really looking forward to the Pandora and just can't quit it.

i purchased a 16gb sd card, and am buying a gps receiver and a 32gb sd card next month for the pandora. I am downloading roms and are putting them on my SD card, and basicly preparing my sd card.

In the other time i bought a iphone 3gs 32gb, because i love iphone, its always fun to buy ans search new apps and jailbreak stuffies.

Athlon II 245, 4GB of RAM, a 640GB HDD, some LED lightbulbs, a few USB card readers that I gave to friends, a pile of CAT6 ethernet patch cables, and lots of games off Steam.

I was considering picking up a 100mbit 24port switch off eBay for $5, but I didn't really have a need for it.

Oh - did you mean handhelds? None. :lol:

Here we go.

- An Xbox 360. This was pre- preorder, but still falls under the "waiting for Pandora" period.
- A Nintendo 64. I used to have one, but stupidly gave it away. Purchased to re-live Perfect Dark.
- A Nintendo DS. The NewSMB bundle was way cheap, I couldn't help it.
- One of these, because I wanted something as old as me.
- A Commodore 64. It was in a junk shop in the original box. What could I do? Also added a uIEC SD reader.
- An Atari ST, more for music than games. Also bought a Unitor, and an UltraSatan SD reader.
- Not a purchase, but was given a Master System and Megadrive with a box full of games. Weee!

Maybe I would have bought most of this stuff anyway... maybe. Each item was just the right price at the right time. I'm also considering a Snega2USB, which I see has just opened for preorders. I'm having a hard time justifying that one though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, well I've bought a load of stuff to keep me busy while I'm waiting. I've bought a Nintendo ds lite, 2x PSP phat, a Gp2x f200, a Gameboy Micro, a Wii, an Xbox 360, a full 1080p LG HDTV, an iPod classic, 4 x 1 terrabyte external sata drives. Been tempted this last week to buy a Wiz, Dingo or even an Atari Flashback Mini 7800 Classic Game Console from china. So OpenPandora has cost me a small fortune while waiting for my P to be finished :rolleyes:

acer aspire one (bought a netbook on a whim, and its turned into the most useful device ive ever purchased i think).
dsi and cart (sold my ds lite and bought this, specifically for the updated korg ds10 plus, which is winging its way from china as i type).
gameboy micro and cart (why not, it was £15 and someone from a forum gave me the cart for free)
dingoo a320 (really fascinating to see progression in dingux, i just wish it was a bit more stable already - in time though :) )
wii (sold it recently, keeping on top of nintendo firmware updates was too annoying. not to mention the repulsive amount of shit games for it).

its interesting to watch the developments in hacking the dsi, should be a nice device once its opened up.
i'll probably end up with a gemei a330 (perhaps), chuwi (?), and an odroid before my pandora arrives too.

edit: oh yeah,

a dreamcast (£10 from gamestation with 2 pads and 2 vmus, it would have been rude not to)
a ps1 (£5 from a bring and buy sale at work, they listed it for £25 (lol) but nobody bought it so i offered a fiver and they gave it me :))

I bought an MSI Wind U123 netbook.

My previous laptop died (connector to power cable no longer had contact) and Pandora still seemed a long way off at the time (Early summer). I do not regret the decision.

As a direct result of waiting for the pandora: a Dingoo (really wanted something to play genesis on in my hand, GBC as well)

Indirectly: A PS3 (fat) 80gb (4-usb & ps2 hardware emu version, currently running Fedora 11), A wii (soft & hard modded, black case, green disc-slot light, pulseVU chip to make it 'breathe' & audio reactive), a 23" 1080p monitor, a touchscreen kit for my eeepc 900ha, and an iphone (not my first choice by a long shot, but it was cheaper than shittier phones from At&t so why not), oh & a GMC R4 'Bulldozer' case for a rig I never got around to building.

Free: mint Atari Jaguar w/ like 20-sumthin games (all incl. manuals) & a Technics direct-drive record player (found dumpster diving in great condition, made of solid metal, only needed a new head & needle which I got soon thereafter [audiophile quality])

Phew! I guess I've been busy waiting ;]

Consequence9 said:
Free: mint Atari Jaguar w/ like 20-sumthin games (all incl. manuals) & a Technics direct-drive record player (found dumpster diving in great condition, made of solid metal, only needed a new head & needle which I got soon thereafter [audiophile quality])
Both awesome scores!

Last edited by a moderator:
8GB SD card and 2 Playstation 1's. 1 old style PS1 for my bedroom and 1 new style PS1 for my living room. Managed to get about 20 games for £1.50 each too.
Would have got a Playstation 2 and a Dreamcast + got my Gamecube repaired, but I've just moved into my new place and can't afford.

Oh yeah; Found a brand new Saitek P3000 wireless joypad in a charity shop for £1.50 too. Bargain! :D

A house. Um... actually, nothing much gaming-related I can think of... Oh yes, an X360 repair kit for a few bucks off eBay, to get rid of the dreaded RROD. Otherwise, happy to wait for the Pandora as there's nothing else that shouted "gotta have" to me. Was tempted to get a Dingoo though!

Back