What Have You Bought While Waiting For Your Pandora?

i got a dingoo, dingux was a nice distraction a clear case for my ds and psp. but my favorite distraction so far is the arduino duemilanove
keeps me quite satisfied to wait. i also bought a bunch of second hand electronics (old printers and clock radios) for parts for arduino projects.

I haven't purchased anything to keep me occupied since I preordered in March. I was originally tempted by the Dingoo but I realised that after the Pandora arrived I will probaly never use the Dingoo. Right now I'm really tempted by the ipod touch but due to the absent of a camera, there were rumours that it was caused by a faulty batch and an ipod touch with a camera could come out soon so I'm going to wait.

While im Waiting for my pandora i have bougt:

- Creative zen 4gb
- 16gb sdhc cart for alot of musik
- Sportscase

- alot of ds games like pokemon platin, animal crossing, moon, etc
- alot of psp games like soul calibur, final fantasy dissidia, patapon 2 etc

organized :

roms: super nintendo, nes, gba gb gbc megadrive/genesis, atari yaguar and n64

and i bougt alot of musik cds..

and i make the driving license for an omnibus thats cost alot of thime.. B)

I don't know if bought is quite the right word, but I paid for two semesters of college while waiting for the Pandora. That's definitely been keeping me busy.

:D

Here is my list:

• Wiz
  • Zii Egg
  • Aspire One netbook
  • Smart Q7
  • Beagleboard + DLP Pico Projector (love this)
  • AI Touchbook (sending it back though)
  • A few other ARM-based eval boards and things ..
  • Mignon GameKit V2 (Love this)

I'll probably ditch the Wiz as soon as I get a Pandora, since there is too much overlap between the two and I highly doubt there will be anything running on Wiz that won't also be running on Pandora ..

I had a fund just for Pandora accessories if I were to get it this month. I blew it on alcohol T_T FML

I bought a Wii, plus various games, and a Dingoo A320.

I would have probably caved in and bought a Wii anyway eventually - though the Pandora would have probably delayed my purchase by about 6 months to a year - had it arrived on time. The Dingoo was definitely purchased due to lack of Pandora.

* Beagleboard.

But if I hadn't owned an N800 already I would have tried to fill in something else to carry around. The BB is for tinkering with.

first off ... a bunch of 2GB SD cards for Pando
but then I bought a Nikon D80 (end of line discounts :) and used them there, so I'll be getting s'more
... and then some extra lenses ... and a flash unit ...
and then I went & got a DS and needed microSD ;)
Even bought some games for it too :eek:
Oh. 224 magnetic ball bearings and other puzzles

I think I got things under control

If i had know in april that the pandora produktion would take some times until end of oktober, than i did bought a wiz

but nobody knows this until the end, and so i dont bought a wiz..

marshal said:
Dead1nside said:
kuru said:
I got a Think Outside ultra-slim stowaway bluetooth keyboard for my N95 and, soon, my Pandora.
Also considering to buy a UMTS USB stick.

I want one of those iGo stowaway bluetooth keyboards but will it definitely work with the Pandora because I hear that you need a driver for the device to be supported? Not sure if it's in the Linux kernel or whatever, already?

I am pretty sure it's just a standard HID device and it will work just fine on the Pandora.
The Driver thing from what I gather is just that some version of Windows Mobile / RIM OS ... didn't support blutooth keyboard to start with.

Should work out of the box with anything that can use HID interface. It worked from the start with my Nokia N95 for general typing. Installing the proper driver allowed me to use the shortcuts (like programs, inbox, excel etc.).

iGo bought up Think Outside, the ultra-slim stowaway is the same product. There's also a Dell-branded version out there. Picked mine up on eBay for 60€, but you should be able to get one of those for noticeably less.

Edit: No other portable keyboard is close to being a match to this one. It works like a charm and is very easy to fold and carry. I <3 it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought:
A PSP, which I promptly installed CF on, setting a personal record for shortest lasting warranty (3 hours)
A 16Gb SD card, initially intended for use with a Pandora, but is now being used in my camera
Most of a new PC, one upgrade at a time.

I also got given a helmet camera for my birthday, which has gotten a lot of use.

Considered getting a whole lot of things:
Ipod touch/Iphone, decided it was too expensive + no keyboard
HTC G1 (now sold as HTC Dream I believe), realised that the phone I currently have hasn't actually broken yet
Tablet pc of some kind, too expensive (also considered trying to build my own, but ran into difficulties finding a suitable screen)
Various retro consoles I've seen in shops, still not sure why I passed up some of those.

Oh I forgot to mention, I just picked up the new Radeon HD 5870. Beast of a GPU. ATi's drivers could be better, but they are much better then they were circa 2002.

Tried out Crysis on Full settings at 1920x1200 and I average 40 FPS. I still have a good amount of OCing room. But it's not needed. Don't really like Crysis that much, just wanted to demo the GPU

torpor said:
[*]AI Touchbook (sending it back though)
I hope you don't mind me asking, but, why are you sending it back?

My most notable purchase would probably be a Mitsubishi DiamondTron 22" CRT Flatscreen monitor that can display at 2048x1536 [edit] for $10[/edit]. Other than that, I've found a Collecovision with voice modulator in a thrift shop that I snagged for video game collector friend I have.

I plan on getting SDHC cards and the USB compact Apple keyboard when my Pandora comes in, though.

EDIT: I'm so used to non-editable methods of communication! :p

musicalwoods said:
My most notable purchase would probably be a Mitsubishi DiamondTron 22" CRT Flatscreen monitor that can display at 2048x1536.
Sweet.

I bought my first LCD. It's usable, heh. I bought some stuff, that I can't quite remember.

I also got a girlfriend, to pass the time ^_^

Back