What Have You Bought While Waiting For Your Pandora?

(naw)mcx said:
I also got a girlfriend, to pass the time ^_^

Yeah I was looking at those, but the customer reviews are really mixed, and nobody near here seems to sell or rent them...

edit: Also thinking about getting an HP calculator so I can do RPN, but I'm literally taking my last math class, ever, so it might not get used much... And it's still only graphing-calculator-class programmable.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've steadfastly resisted everything up to now, but if the umid m2 arrives before the pandora, i'll snap it up.

Nothing! But as I was going to buy nothing if I had the Pandora so that doesn't really count.

Anyway, I'm going to convince Kayday that we're related and get given stuff.

Computer Parts to build a whole new computer with an i7 processor running at 3.2Ghz with 3Gigs of RAM. <3 it.

Jeffrey John Lytle said:
i got a dingoo, dingux was a nice distraction a clear case for my ds and psp. but my favorite distraction so far is the arduino duemilanove
keeps me quite satisfied to wait. i also bought a bunch of second hand electronics (old printers and clock radios) for parts for arduino projects.

Almost same here, Dingoo (to play good old Sega while GF is watching shows on tv) and an arduino duemilanove plus lot's of sensors and add on boards/ lcd / led thingy's to play with and got me also a bus pirate.
Getting back into electronics after a 10 year break is fun.
Digged up some lab powersupplies, fixed old portable LCD oscilloscope and now rebuilding my old tube amp.
Also messing with R/C again, looking now for an "entry level" electric R/C helicopter that is fun but not to expensive (Walkera, Esky belt CP or so).

Ha, and moved my GF to my place, no warranty but lots of fun.

+ the random mess of bigger HDD's, LCD's and more RAM/CPU for some pc's, but that's hardly exiting.

Parts to refurbish a scooter.

Seriously, they threw away a perfectly working scooter!
Except for the battery...
And the rear tire...
And the bit that connects the fork to the frame...

I already had a battery lying around, so I basically bought a cosmetically damaged scooter for about $30.

musicalwoods said:
My most notable purchase would probably be a Mitsubishi DiamondTron 22" CRT Flatscreen monitor that can display at 2048x1536.

Oh, I forgot the most notable tidbit from that purchase. It was a thrift mart find. I payed $10! :D

Beagleboard C2 - ehci usb host still not working properly, wonder if we'll see this HW bug in pandora too
Dingoo A320 - discovered world of GBA games
Zipit Z2 - tiny linux computer, $49USD new, got it for $30 from ebay, I hope it will be good for C64 emulation, a lot of stuff happended recently with Z2

Wouldn't buy any of those if I had Pandora.

musicalwoods said:
musicalwoods said:
My most notable purchase would probably be a Mitsubishi DiamondTron 22" CRT Flatscreen monitor that can display at 2048x1536.

Oh, I forgot the most notable tidbit from that purchase. It was a thrift mart find. I payed $10! :D

Hot damn, is that like a charity shop?

fanoush said:
Beagleboard C2 - ehci usb host still not working properly, wonder if we'll see this HW bug in pandora too

MWeston said that he hadn't had any problems with the Pandora's USB, but he implemented the fix TI recommended for it anyway. So, no, we won't see it.

fanoush said:
There's a software fix, apparently, that works most of the time, if you can get someone to tell you how to apply it. It requires making a slight modification to the kernel, but I've asked many times where the patch is and get no reply. :(
The next version, C4, apparently has a fix to the bug (presumably the same fix MWeston applied to the Pandora, even if the bug wasn't showing up)

Let's see, I bought...

Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story
Assorted Wii games that were stolen from me at one point
The Orange Box (PC)
Left 4 Dead (PC)
Full Metal Jacket Skullcandy Earbuds
Hesh Skullcandy Headphones
A second Dual Shock 3
A new video card
Two 32GB SD cards and a 32GB Flash drive
A replacement DS Lite (since I got jacked for it)
A combat-ready war sword from CAS Iberia.

$1000 of stuff, at least. :ph34r:

:)
Puh a new Mythbuntu System..
A Acer Aspire One
A Sony PRS 505
New Headphones for my HTC Touch
And I am about to buy a Palm Pre.. when it's finaly available in Germany.

Thats surely not all but all I can remember... since I'm pretty old, I have surely forgotten about 90% :)

If I stick to things I've bought and that are in the same ilk as the Pandora, then I've only really caved into the Nokia N810 which I tested a couple of years ago and loved.

I've also reviewed the Dingoo A320 and still have it handy, although I'm a little addicted to the N810 at the moment.

Arguably I also picked up a Samsung NC10, but I got that before I pre-ordered a Pandora (I have been on the fence for a while) so I'm not sure it counts.

The list of stuff I've obtained/reviewed is too long, irrelevant and diverse to be worth posting. Although I think the BlueNEXT Bluetooth GPS and the MiFi 2352 deserve a mention because they're "compatible" with the Pandora and I fully intend to test them with it.

I'm also trying to get my hands on a selection of Bluetooth mice for a face-off review targeted at Netbook/Pandora users and will certainly pick up and test the new Apple Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard if they're not complete lemons.

I've also tried a couple of USB travel chargers from Proporta [excuse aff link], both of which are quite handy for powering a USB hub and attached devices amongst other things. These should come in handy for avid USB-peripheral using Pandora owners, although I used them to power a mouse and keyboard attached to my N810.

Since I ordered the OpenPandora in May, I have bought only a few things:

1. Skullcandy headphones for Pandora - 15$
2. Two Sandisk Ultra II class 4 - 100$
3. One microSD 8GB with miniSD and SD adapter - 25$
4. Z2 Zipit handheld for linux purposes - 25$

Z2 is a 300 Mhz MIPS processor with 32 MB of Ram. Comparable PDAs go for $150+.

www.hunterdavis.com <-- is the man

Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVMef5P02z8

I got my on last Saturday and got the SD cards on Monday.

I am sad OpenPandora wasn't my first handheld console ever, but so it goes.

Back