Waiting For Pandora

beavith said:
Mr Lemony Fresh said:
GunPei2X said:
Waiting for the Pandora has almost become a hobby in itself. Like many hobbies, it's often enjoyable and sometimes frustrating. Obsessive, compulsive, and teetering on overtaking the focus of one's life.

I'm not entirely sure I want it to end. I think I may miss it.

The technology is catching up, my computer needs an upgrade, i'm sick of waiting.

Simon
Get a job, or get a refund.

Either way, don't complain.
I agree with Mr lemon fresh cause I have no idea why people think the delays are fun. If they didn't always make it seem like the Pandora's release was so close then I probably would have canceled ages ago. But unfortunately I have been obsessed with looking over these forums trying to figure out whats going on for about a year and if I were to cancel now then it would have all been in vein especially if the Pandora's release is so close. Anyway I ordered mine when the Australian dollar was worth 69 US cents but now its worth 90 as well as conversion fees which would make me lose to much money. Anyone whose been waiting for a year has a right to complain. They could at least make an official statement about whats going on, on the blog. I remember ED wrote on the developers blog that so much has happened which really isn't that helpful if you don't know what happened. I appreciate the efforts of Gruso and other members who work on the unofficial blog but lately it seemed that we have been denied information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun. said:
I agree with Mr lemon fresh cause I have no idea why people think the delays are fun.
Some of the delays were exciting, and stimulated massive discussion, like this wifi issue. Some people consider that kind of discussion fun.

Shaun. said:
They could at least make an official statement about whats going on, on the blog. I remember ED wrote on the developers blog that so much has happened which really isn't that helpful if you don't know what happened. I appreciate the efforts of Gruso and other members who work on the unofficial blog but lately it seemed that we have been denied information.
Again with the lack of information? ED has been making fairly regular updates to the blog. He hasn't posted anything about this broken wifi issue because (as I understand it) they didn't know what was causing it so anything he said would have been just speculation and fear mongering. I don't blame them for not posting incomplete information. It's not like they were hiding the fact that there was a problem, they've been quite vocal about solving the problem for quite a while on the forums now, they just didn't go out into the streets and announce it to the world.
I suspect, now that MWeston has established the root cause and a fix, once he's got some more specific numbers, they'll post something, because they finally have something to say on the subject.

Elanzer said:
I would be happy if there was copycat devices coming out personally. Clamshell gaming MIDs are totally non-existent, there is still no alternative to the Pandora because there's always one HUGE thing missing (missing proper gaming controls, missing keyboard, missing power, missing battery life, etc).
Agreed! The more the merrier!

Of course, Right now, I just wish someone would make one.

beavith said:

Good job giving orders to a complete stranger. Very civil.

(...Unless you run these forums?)

Haha, that's great. Does that make you feel part of the crew?

I'm done complaining about the pandora, I've said all i have to say.
As for getting a job, how dare you tell me what to do, you don't know a thing about me.

With that said, i'm done with this argument, apart from people with (my god) a healthy honest opinion, who may have read this, my words are going to waste.

Simon.

Having lost a small sum on the initial 'Refund' fiasco ("In order to accept this upgrade...") due to exchange rates and then having paid for a Bank Transfer because there was a 'deadline' for re-preordering, many can't walk away from this without having paid for the privilege. On top of that factoring in current Exchange rates 'Get a refund' is not as cut and dry as it's made out to be.

I think if there weren't so much money invested into this projects, the developers would never end the Pandora development and just keep on adding new stuff just because for the fun of it, thus the project would never be completed.

beavith said:
My only wish is that I can get one for my birthday.... *June 22*.
:pandora2ut4: .... :unsure:

I said the same thing last year... (14 june) and I'm still hopping for this year...

Back