Hamish's Pandora Quest - Follow his progress!

Investigating some second hand ones after all, money is money and if I get one I can still donate to the pre-orders and buy OP merch from ED :)

Bidding on a Rebirth (brand new in May!) from someone in Germany. :)

EDIT: No-one bid against me!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Bidding on a Rebirth (brand new in May!) from someone in Germany. :)

EDIT: No-one bid against me!! :p http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331229580091?_trksid=p2059216.m1431.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I don't want to discourage you, but I don't think it's likely that such a package (including signed wooden box, TV out, two big SD cards, spare parts etc) will go cheaper than a new unit from ED (with less extras). A ReBirth megapack is 385 EUR, and this eBay deal is approximately the same but plus a 64GB card and a signed wooden box, minus the signed broken PCB. I don't think the final eBay price will be below 300 EUR, given that it's very near-new and would be worth 450 EUR or so new.

But of course you never know.

Yeah I know the bidding could go high but if it gets past the level of "bargain" then I won't be bidding any more. Just another option is all :)

That's how it's done! Mind you, I wouldn't advise posting a link to an incomplete auction, especially to a place where you're likely to find people who might want to buy the item. You're essentially advertising it to people who might bid against you.

Fair shout Levi. :ph34r: But it has been quoted now :mellow:

EDIT: And I imagine anyone looking for one would definitely be watching eBay as well.

Rather suspiciously there are two users with 0 feedback bidding against me. I know what my maximum is but that looks well dodgy to me. <_<

From the pattern of bidding I tend to agree, I wasn't going to bid any more until near the end now anyway so I won't be tricked into bidding over what I intend. At the end of the day it is worth a certain amount to me without the security of getting it from ED and I won't go above that.

EDIT: Of course some of that was actually automatic bids but we'll see what happens. At the moment at €121 it is not a rip-off by any means.

This is the third time this seller has listed this Pandora.

I still think it is at a decent price for you to get your bids in later.  If it doesn't happen you still have a couple weeks to give ED your money, which might help with the Pyra or keeping the lights on.

Oh yes - two buy-it-now/offer listings. First one was pulled before the end of the time, the other one got him an offer only €24 short of the b-i-n price but no sale Looks like he wants a certain amount and isn't going to budge despite listing it that way. Interesting to see if he pulls it before the end this time... or if that zero feedback bidder just happens to bid the b-i-n price from before. Whether I go for it in the end or not I will keep an eye on it and report to eBay if it still looks suspicious. It would be most interesting indeed if he is shilling and the "fake" bidder wins then it reappears...

Perhaps I am just bitter, cynical, un-trusting and paranoid. :p

First bit of negative news, there is a bill looming that I can't avoid so CC Pandora might be the limit after all, obviously a million times better than no Pandora at all though so I am still very happy :)

I might order the CC this week now, one last bit of juggling finances to be sure before I commit. :)

First bit of negative news, there is a bill looming that I can't avoid so CC Pandora might be the limit after all, obviously a million times better than no Pandora at all though so I am still very happy :)

I might order the CC this week now, one last bit of juggling finances to be sure before I commit. :)
The Classic is a capable machine.  Yes, it is a little low on some things, but I love mine.  I prefer to buy from ED for a variety of reasons, so I think it may be best if that is all you can afford for now.  Regardless of which one you get, I hope you enjoy your Pandora.

I know how easy it is for other things to eat up money when you are trying to save.  My Pyra fund is a couple hundred dollars less due to an unexpected cost that could not be delayed.

The CC arrives tomorrow (Thursday 19th June) :D

Yes I feel more secure buying from ED and it helps the community to help ED so all is good.

Back