What Have You Bought While Waiting For Your Pandora?

I got a Think Outside ultra-slim stowaway bluetooth keyboard for my N95 and, soon, my Pandora.
Also considering to buy a UMTS USB stick.

atomicthumbs said:
I bought a digital SLR. I'm getting a lot of use out of it. :) I almost bought a Sega Nomad with several games for $40 at a swap meet, but I decided against it.

That's some beautiful scenery

Last edited by a moderator:
kuru said:
I got a Think Outside ultra-slim stowaway bluetooth keyboard for my N95 and, soon, my Pandora.

I want one of those iGo stowaway bluetooth keyboards but will it definitely work with the Pandora because I hear that you need a driver for the device to be supported? Not sure if it's in the Linux kernel or whatever, already?

I bought a Samsung i8910. Hoping to feel the power of the OMAP 3xxx. The PMP functions on this phone are really nice, considering it's an out-of-box experience.

Symbian blows though.

I don't think I've really gotten anything...Planning to get some SD cards when the Pandoras start shipping, so I can have the lowest price at the time.

Dead1nside said:
kuru said:

I want one of those iGo stowaway bluetooth keyboards but will it definitely work with the Pandora because I hear that you need a driver for the device to be supported? Not sure if it's in the Linux kernel or whatever, already?

I am pretty sure it's just a standard HID device and it will work just fine on the Pandora.
The Driver thing from what I gather is just that some version of Windows Mobile / RIM OS ... didn't support blutooth keyboard to start with.

Well, I bought a WIZ! It has been a nice layover while I wait, but it will more than likely never get touched again once my Pandora arrives. I don't want to bash on the WIZ, but everything available on it will soon be improved, and surpassed by the Pandora. GPH, just really didn't deliver enough community wants or needs! The screen qaulity is fab, and the controls are much improved, but just not a real big step up from the 2X.

Allot of community members and non members alike have complained about the Pandora's delay, but when you look at all the included functionality and overall quality(please see the tv cables), and the fact that this has been conceived and created by a handful of devoted community members just makes it all the more special. I really don't know how you can have a community based product like the WIZ, and never really follow the request or concerns of the community!

Just my 2 cents!

Jumpman,
Sin City

Let's see...in order: another DS lite (from colorware), a Dingoo A320, a Wiz, and one of the new Dreamcasts that Thinkgeek got.

marshal said:
I am pretty sure it's just a standard HID device and it will work just fine on the Pandora.
The Driver thing from what I gather is just that some version of Windows Mobile / RIM OS ... didn't support blutooth keyboard to start with.

Ok, thanks. I was just thinking about getting myself one of these in preparation for my pre-order (if there were any left).

They look really functional.

Oh yeah, and I got two TI-Nspires for free. Those things are worthless. Well, at least until we figure out how we can get homebrew running on them - the hardware seems pretty nice, whereas the software is incredibly locked down. If anyone wants to help out with that, feel free. :p

I bought the new pokemon gold remake for the DS from Japan :)

But even though it shipped like 3 weeks ago it's still not here :(

It's very frustrating when the thing you get to replace the delayed thing you got gets delayed... (If that makes any sense)

I haven't bought anything because I don't technically have a job right now.
But here's some things I've considered buying:

A hard-drive-based iPod, until I realized that I don't need an external hard drive, and that these are actually quite expensive.
System76 Meerkat to keep at home as a torrent proxy / webserver / backup server, but I don't really need any of those things.
Beagleboard to practice ARM / OpenGL ES development, until I heard that it was very technical and not user-friendly enough for me. (And had no ethernet port, WTF)
N810, but I didn't like the keyboard and I'm not sure how easy it is to program..
New cell phone, until the salesperson realized I was not a potential customer because their phones are not made to be programmed.
Palm Pre, until I heard that they were doing some silly "web programming" business and the keyboard was a horrible piece of crap.
N900, but it's very expensive and I never use my cell phone anyway, so I'd rather get a Pandora
Some kind of Nokia S60-based phone, since you can use Qt on them, but I don't know much about developing for them, and I don't really want to buy a cell phone at the moment.

Here's what I've bought so far :

-A DSi because I gave my DS lite to my cousin for his birthday.
-A Dingoo just because it was cheap and my intention was to leave as entertainment in the bathroom
-A PS3 Slim but just gave it away to my bigger bro because I owe him one from last Xmas( it got lost in the mail)
-Just yesterday, I got my PSP Go to replace my PSP-1000 that I gave to my uncle.

Not sure if this fits but I also bought a 2010 Honda Pilot. Actually did the Cash 4 Clunker and got 3500 for my old 93 Toyota Previa. I plan on getting a second Pandora to put in this car but still deciding on how big of a monitor I should get. I'm just so psyched to see how much the Dreamcast emulator has progressed. Happy Happy Joy Joy! :D

Bought? Bought a lot, but here are things that were kinda to ease my over till the Pandora came out:
Nokia N810
Sold it, re-got an N800 (Loved the dpad on the side too much to give up)
SmartQ 5 MID
Ipod Touch 2g 16gb
Nintendo DSi
Tapwave Zodiac
PSP 2000
Backlit my Gameboy Pocket (Not really a purchase, but still...)
New homebuilt PC, AMD Phenom II 550 at 3.8ghz 8gb DDR3 RAM at 1333mhz, and an Nvidia GTX 260
A 3D monitor (IZ3D)
Two Head Mounted Displays (A VR920 and an older Mil. Spec iGlasses unit), might be able to use with Pandora
an EEE 701
a Sony UX390

I finally broke down the other day and got an iPhone 3GS, will be fun to compare to Pandora

And quite a few assorted other MP3 players, mostly to mess with Rockbox, not to mention the many handhelds I already owned, some of the WIP projects (like my N64 handheld)

CURSE MY GADGET ADDICTION! D: The Pandora will hopefully be able to replace some of my massive gadget fleet. ;)

@palmertech: Either your rich, or you really love debt. Regardless, you could really use some help, and I could really use some money.

Mr.Confuzed said:
@palmertech: Either your rich, or you really love debt. Regardless, you could really use some help, and I could really use some money.

Heh, neither, actually. I have a shitty job to pay the few bills I have, but my real hobby is fixing computers and doing custom console mods. When you get good at it and have a reliable customer base, you can rack up a lot of money pretty fast.

Here is the real reason, though: A lot of my customers for mods are people who lack money themselves, and as such, often try to pay with gadgets. I am sadly unable to resist. :p More than half of the stuff on that list required no money to be spent on my end, and most of the rest was gotten at a discounted price.

And my SmartQ 5 MID was donated to me so I could tinker with the hardware a bit. B)

Those are most of the things I have bought in the past 6 or 7 months. I was originally not going to get the Pandora, cool as it seemed, since it had such a lack of anything to show at pre-order time. I got the newsletter recently, though, and I could not resist the siren call of those extra few units.

I bought a 16GB SDHC and...
Well that's it. In retrospect it probably would have been best to wait until the Pandoras were shipping before buying it. Although I did buy it in March when I thought I would be getting my Pandora in April...

Back