Headphone Port Combination

God Ginrai said:
JerryG20 said:
Stealth Bagel said:
Since I primarily use high-quality $120 Bose headphones, I would absolutely oppose the idea of an incompatible port on the unit...... esp. since I wish to replace my iPod with it as primary music player to conserve pocket space. I don't need another damn thing to carry (an adapter) or shitty proprietary headphones.
Oxymoron (please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that BOSE is far from high-quality and is overpriced and cannot even be considered high fidelity?)? With exception to the high-quality BOSE headphones comment, I agree whole-heartedly with Stealth Bagel :)

You are very much alone. I have Bose Headphones, and they provide a very rich audio experience. I admit they are expensive, but they are worth it for the audio they produce. Same idea behind the pandora. I take it you don't plan to buy a pandora, because you see it as overpriced?

-God Ginrai

What would make you think that I wouldn't want to buy the Pandora and think that it is overpriced. Just because I said BOSE is overpriced? Research a little into BOSE in the hifi/audiophile world and you'll realize that BOSE is rather far from actual high-fidelity. I have headphones that are more expensive than your BOSE headphones and I believe they are worth it for the audio they produce, so price is obviously not the issue here. I do intend to buy a Pandora and I do think it will be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god shut the hell up. Bose hardware might be more expensive on average in the audiophile industry but I am not an audiophile. I found some Bose headphones on demo locally and tried them on and they sounded outrageously awesome compared to any others I've heard. So I found a good deal on them online, the $120 was MSRP and I got them for 2 payments of $40. And I love every minute I'm using them, and that's really all that matters, so stop your damn bitching and let's concern ourselves with the matter at hand.

Squidge said:
DXR_13KE said:
that would also be cool, kind of remembers me of the MD players.... maybe you could use the same connectors....
The ones patented by Sony? Nice idea ! ;)

they are? did not know that.....

i remember JVC and Panasonic having the same type of remote, therefore i considered that it was not patented or closed, just make the connector simple, or better yet, make the remote connectible via mini usb port on the side and/or front and GNU the design, maybe send video and/or audio with it. maybe making the mini usb connection near the sound output....

on that i remember these 4 contact jacks that have the stereo connections from an ordinary jack and one extra for video, maybe do it that way.

i am just throwing ideas into the air (think brainstorming), maybe someone will catch one and improve it.

Snu said:
Chip said:
Having to use a dongle for standard headphones is far from ideal. Is there absolutely no room to put a standard headphone jack next to an ext connector?

If there is no other option, then I guess it is what it is, but I don't see anybody wanting a semi-proprietary headphone connector.
i agree entirely.

I agree also. If there is absolutely no way you can add a standard headphone jack, then people will have to live with it. :(

If the lack of a standard headphone jack meant we could have an external control interface for use as an MP3 player, I'm cool with it.

Maybe that could be done using one of those 3.5 jacks with extra pins. There's a 1wire protocol for electronics and it's supported by the OMAP 3530.

What Pandora devs think of this? :)

God Ginrai said:
JerryG20 said:
Stealth Bagel said:
Since I primarily use high-quality $120 Bose headphones, I would absolutely oppose the idea of an incompatible port on the unit...... esp. since I wish to replace my iPod with it as primary music player to conserve pocket space. I don't need another damn thing to carry (an adapter) or shitty proprietary headphones.
Oxymoron (please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that BOSE is far from high-quality and is overpriced and cannot even be considered high fidelity?)? With exception to the high-quality BOSE headphones comment, I agree whole-heartedly with Stealth Bagel :)

You are very much alone. I have Bose Headphones, and they provide a very rich audio experience. I admit they are expensive, but they are worth it for the audio they produce. Same idea behind the pandora. I take it you don't plan to buy a pandora, because you see it as overpriced?

-God Ginrai

I've never tried BOSE headphones, but I have heard the BOSE Wave, and I don't think it sounds as good as the cheap speakers I bought at the local Goodwill.

Please stop flaming about headphones here, it's too stupid and too offtopic at same time.

So what kind of audio jack will be? There will be the possibility of having an extra wire and able to use a playing controller like audio/media players has?

jmetal88 said:
*snip*

I've never tried BOSE headphones, but I have heard the BOSE Wave, and I don't think it sounds as good as the cheap speakers I bought at the local Goodwill.
I don't know much about the Wave, but their headphones are great.

timofonic said:
Please stop flaming about headphones here, it's too stupid and too offtopic at same time.
The flaming stopped many posts ago, and if you are talking about jmetal88's post, then that is farther from flaming than the post you just made. He calmly noted that he had not tried the headphones, but that his experience with another product made by Bose was not too enjoyable. If that's flaming, then so is every other comment that points out a negative issue with anything.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
The flaming stopped many posts ago, and if you are talking about jmetal88's post, then that is farther from flaming than the post you just made. He calmly noted that he had not tried the headphones, but that his experience with another product made by Bose was not too enjoyable. If that's flaming, then so is every other comment that points out a negative issue with anything.
Ok, but is totally offtopic and not something that needs writing an entire post about it.

Will the audio output feature enough power for big earphones?

What about the audio quality of the SoC? And will audio amplification and such stuff will take care of noise and other audio problems?

Back