HEEEEELP!!!! Dreamcast!!!!

bmd3287

Website
Visit site
I know this has nothing to do with the gp32, but I have a question about dreamcast. My dreamcast makes a lot of loading sounds and when movies are playing. you can hear the motor REALLY LOUD. Also, it wont play emulators and roms for some reason. Any ideas?

may have to do with the brand of disk that you're using, i have this problem with WA the original game. However, i dont have trouble with emulators.. ive only tried a snes emulator and it sucks right now.. the last time i checked

The you probably don't know much about it then, so let me tell you come things when it comes to the DC.

1. The GD-ROMm motor is quite audible. Whenever it reads any kind of disc, you can always hear it. In the case of playing movies, it means it will constantly be reading the disc because it can not load 600+ MB into it's RAM.

2. The reason why your emulators don't work is probably because they aren't self-boot or need a boot disk. If you want, I can help atleast help you with the self-boot part, but I don't know about the boot disk considering the only I have is like 3 years old and doesn't like to copy.

That's all I can tell you to answer your questions right now.

Another thing, I read somewhere a while ago. If you burn disc`s for use on the DC. The files have to be burned either on the inner edge or the outer edge of the disc and a dummy (empty) file has to be created to fill the unused space on the disc. So the laser has not got to do to much movement back and forth across the disc. The reason for this (apparently) is that the DC laser head/arm mechanism is not as robust as it should be and will/could shorten the life of the said head/arm unit.

Which could be what you are experiencing. :unsure:

Trooper

Back