Hello, Just A Catch Up, But Whats Going On?

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
I used to be a regular poster in these forums a long while back but got side-tracked when my USB's broke, never being able to download new content on my old-skool non-lit GP32.

Having newly browsed the forums recently for the past few weeks and checking the FAQ and gp32x guide NTK (need to know), I still can't find the answer to these questions.

I'm quite aware they have probably been asked a 100 times before, so a simple link to a full explained thread would be super-duper.

The Blu+. Different to the Blu I presume??

New content coming out saying 'Blu+ fix' and 'Blu+ version'.
Does this mean most new content for the GP32 only work on the Blu+?
Also, does that mean programs, emulators and games turned out to have problems with the new Blu+?

Information would be greatly appreciated as always :)

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
more than likely all the programs you have on your smc that you use with your non lit GP32 will not work on the Blu+, the screen was made from another manufacturer and for whatever reason, old programs do not run without weird things happening on the screen, so the blu+ fix programs you see work to fix the screen problem on the blu+.

Tobriand

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Ok... basically, a BLU+ is what we've all called what might otherwise be named a "messed up new BLU due to Gamepark or associate incompetance". Basically its got a new display and only about 30% of stuff looks completely right if that on them (although probably ~60% of stuff looks mostly right). BLU+ fixed versions are programs that have been modified to move them into that 30%-if-that zone.

So far as USB-fixing is concerned... well, tbh I can't remember what had gone wrong for you (nor can I remember what NTK is, I fear), but just as a point - you have come across GPDrive, haven't you? Since it might just help a little if its simply that your GP32 driver isn't working properly.

Hanz™

FIGHT THE POWER! :D
Website
Visit site
Christ Skop have you still got USB issues (???), I used to be called sebastian_insua on this site and I also had them about the same time as you (basically a year ago now), and I got mine fixed ( I remember PMing you about it).

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
yep, still got issues :)

But the whole USB system is buggered, not just with gp32s, but in general.
(anyhow, this was not a tech 'help me!' question, but just seeing whats going on, with all this new fangled terminolgy I've missed out on :p

DaveC

Internal Development
Don't forget to try DrMD too it is an amazing genesis emu w/full sound. It works fine on the BLU+ too.

toxibunny

general USB issues? ouch... try finding how to fix it on a forum dedicated to motherboards/your motherboard...

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I think most of them simply include a menu allowing you to select whether you are BLU+ or not, or they autodetect it for you.