Hello, Just A Catch Up, But Whats Going On?

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
I used to be a regular poster in these forums a long while back but got side-tracked when my USB's broke, never being able to download new content on my old-skool non-lit GP32.

Having newly browsed the forums recently for the past few weeks and checking the FAQ and gp32x guide NTK (need to know), I still can't find the answer to these questions.

I'm quite aware they have probably been asked a 100 times before, so a simple link to a full explained thread would be super-duper.

The Blu+. Different to the Blu I presume??

New content coming out saying 'Blu+ fix' and 'Blu+ version'.
Does this mean most new content for the GP32 only work on the Blu+?
Also, does that mean programs, emulators and games turned out to have problems with the new Blu+?

Information would be greatly appreciated as always :)

more than likely all the programs you have on your smc that you use with your non lit GP32 will not work on the Blu+, the screen was made from another manufacturer and for whatever reason, old programs do not run without weird things happening on the screen, so the blu+ fix programs you see work to fix the screen problem on the blu+.

Ok... basically, a BLU+ is what we've all called what might otherwise be named a "messed up new BLU due to Gamepark or associate incompetance". Basically its got a new display and only about 30% of stuff looks completely right if that on them (although probably ~60% of stuff looks mostly right). BLU+ fixed versions are programs that have been modified to move them into that 30%-if-that zone.

So far as USB-fixing is concerned... well, tbh I can't remember what had gone wrong for you (nor can I remember what NTK is, I fear), but just as a point - you have come across GPDrive, haven't you? Since it might just help a little if its simply that your GP32 driver isn't working properly.

Christ Skop have you still got USB issues (???), I used to be called sebastian_insua on this site and I also had them about the same time as you (basically a year ago now), and I got mine fixed ( I remember PMing you about it).

yep, still got issues :)

But the whole USB system is buggered, not just with gp32s, but in general.
(anyhow, this was not a tech 'help me!' question, but just seeing whats going on, with all this new fangled terminolgy I've missed out on :p

Don't forget to try DrMD too it is an amazing genesis emu w/full sound. It works fine on the BLU+ too.

general USB issues? ouch... try finding how to fix it on a forum dedicated to motherboards/your motherboard...

I think most of them simply include a menu allowing you to select whether you are BLU+ or not, or they autodetect it for you.

Back